What's new

Question A few Questions about MK9

Waffles775

lover of fighting games, especially the old ones
I was wondering if it's still a game worth buying this late? How's the netcode online and how many people are online?

Waffles775

How ass? Is it better or worse the UMvC3? Oh and I'm playing on Xbox 360.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I play on xbox and there are still quite a few people to play who can give you a good fight. Online is meh, sometimes you get a good connection with people.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Online really depends on your connection. I usually go over and play at my bro's, much better connection, and rather enjoyable experience. Last two days Ive been playing from my apt on a sub-par connection and I want to take a bat to my console. Wish they offered FIOS around these parts, bleh.

Waffles775

Who would you guys recommend I pick up to start with? I have KL, Smoke, Sektor, and Cyrax in mind.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
KL Smoke or Cyrax.

Online is terrible much worse than capcom games regardless of connection.

i play stick but pad is acceptable

yeah is a good game, Thanks to this game, is that this community exists, the online is good, just buy is a perfect game, stick Jhonny cage and cyrax, kabal is hard to use.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
How ass? Is it better or worse the UMvC3? Oh and I'm playing on Xbox 360.

Worse then UMVC3. Slightly better then console KoF13.

It's cheap enough at this point its worth picking up just for the single player, and playing with the combo system in training mode.

MK9 online has a lot of Internet tough guys that love to insult/fatality/baby you in severe lag. You have to put away how you play the game offline and just accept it for what it is, and try not to get mad at dumb stuff. It's better to just play with respectable people from TYM. I still play once in awhile on Live if you want to add me.

Waffles775

I think I will just find people on TYM to play. With my experience on UMvC3 I never had lag that was unplayable, of course I didn't play to long.

Waffles775

I'm probably going to be in practice for a day or two depending on how comfortable I feel with the game. Is there any kind of matchmaking thread of some sort on TYM?

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Waffles775 use pad, you don't need stick for mk9, online is ass, and use Liu Kang, Sub, or KL.

yeah is a good game, Thanks to this game, is that this community exists, the online is good, just buy is a perfect game, stick Jhonny cage and cyrax, kabal is hard to use.
the community existed before mk9 came out lol. people just didn't have a good game for a long time and kept playing umk3.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
I would get it. I had a few games last night and the connection sucks since i moved so lag was a given. It wasn't as game breaking when I lived in another house . Still alot of folk in the EU playing the game online, about 75 to 80 last night, but i've been on and t here's been 20. Still more than Injustice has had playing online when I tried it.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
mk9 is the most fun I've ever had playing a video game,u should definetly get it.i played it for a few hours a couple of weeks ago for the first time since feb and it was still alot of fun.add me anytime if u want to go through any stuff.