What's new

Strategy A Few New Things I Have Been In The Lab With Lately.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I was messing around in the lab the other day and ended up coming across some new setups that I think might prove to be useful, so I'll just get right to it:

Ok, the first thing I found was a new meterless corner combo which I have already posted in the corner thread off of f2b1. Now idk about you guys, but I am starting to fall in love with this string and have been incorporating it into my game a lot more lately. At 15 frames of startup, it is actually very fast considering it can reach from almost jump distance. Midscreen you can combo inot slide if you desire or just play the oki game, and in the corner you can convert into decent damage. The reason I found the combo so useful is because f2 is my follow up for d4 invisibility, so I can use this follow up and get damage in the corner off of an invisibility setup by doing some crazy shit like d4 invis, d4 invis making them block it low then go into the f2b1 overhead. A bit of a gimmick really but fuck it I play for the lulz.

Ok, the next thing I found was a new oki option, I'm not sure if anyone has discover this already or not but I didn't find anything in search for it so if it has been looked into I apologize. What I am talking about is ending combos...with sweep? WHAAAAA, yes if you do a sweep at certain points in juggles it will hit, and you can cancel the recovery into a dash which puts you on the other side of the opponent reversing their wake up input. An example being:

321 elbow dash NJP sfb 32 ffb b4 29%, into elbow dash 321 elbow dash NJP sfb 32 ffb 321 sfb 37%

I haven't gotten the oppurtunity to test this in a match yet, as my roommate has been a PS3 hog these past couple days doing nothing but playing Marvel 2, but when I get the chance I will. I believe you can also do 32b4 instead of just sweep to get a little more damage. Another thing I want to look into is ending with sweep, doing the dash and then trying to ghost dash over the opponent, but that's another I will have to try to get to tonight.

I have also been working on ways to incorporate untechable throw combos into my game again, but I will need some more time on that one lol. Anyways, that's my update hope you guys found this a little useful.

Stay scaly my friends.

Your Lizard King,

Joker8417

Edit: #MuggerSalute

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lol do you mean 32b4 or 2 3+4? If you cut a forceball off from the bnb, an elbow dash grab follow up works like a charm! I like seeing f2 get some good mileage on it. People say you can poke out of things like f2 acid hand but there's only a 6 frame gap. Really good normal i feel.
I meant 32b4 nice catch I will fix it! Reptile players NEED to start using f2, there are too many options off of it, including some pretty damn good frame traps that few characters can escape.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I was messing around in the lab the other day and ended up coming across some new setups that I think might prove to be useful, so I'll just get right to it:

Ok, the first thing I found was a new meterless corner combo which I have already posted in the corner thread off of f2b1. Now idk about you guys, but I am starting to fall in love with this string and have been incorporating it into my game a lot more lately. At 15 frames of startup, it is actually very fast considering it can reach from almost jump distance. Midscreen you can combo inot slide if you desire or just play the oki game, and in the corner you can convert into decent damage. The reason I found the combo so useful is because f2 is my follow up for d4 invisibility, so I can use this follow up and get damage in the corner off of an invisibility setup by doing some crazy shit like d4 invis, d4 invis making them block it low then go into the f2b1 overhead. A bit of a gimmick really but fuck it I play for the lulz.

Ok, the next thing I found was a new oki option, I'm not sure if anyone has discover this already or not but I didn't find anything in search for it so if it has been looked into I apologize. What I am talking about is ending combos...with sweep? WHAAAAA, yes if you do a sweep at certain points in juggles it will hit, and you can cancel the recovery into a dash which puts you on the other side of the opponent reversing their wake up input. An example being:

321 elbow dash NJP sfb 32 ffb b4 29%, into elbow dash 321 elbow dash NJP sfb 32 ffb 321 sfb 37%

I haven't gotten the oppurtunity to test this in a match yet, as my roommate has been a PS3 hog these past couple days doing nothing but playing Marvel 2, but when I get the chance I will. I believe if you can also do 32b4 instead of just sweep to get a little more damage. Another thing I want to look into is ending with sweep, doing the dash and then trying to ghost dash over the opponent, but that's another I will have to try to get to tonight.

I have also been working on ways to incorporate untechable throw combos into my game again, but I will need some more time on that one lol. Anyways, that's my update hope you guys found this a little useful.

Stay scaly my friends.

Your Lizard King,

Joker8417
mufin muggers

I meant 32b4 nice catch I will fix it! Reptile players NEED to start using f2, there are too many options off of it, including some pretty damn good frame traps that few characters can escape.
I use f2 like after every forward grab lol. Usually into slide cause fore some reason it always seems to have great effect for wake up attacks. Also with back throw against like kabal, if you think he's gonna ex nomad dash, f3 stuffs it quite a bit lol, sends them basically full screen so invincibility is basically gone.

How well does f2b1 work after the 2f31+2 OTG?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I use f2 like after every forward grab lol. Usually into slide cause fore some reason it always seems to have great effect for wake up attacks. Also with back throw against like kabal, if you think he's gonna ex nomad dash, f3 stuffs it quite a bit lol, sends them basically full screen so invincibility is basically gone.

How well does f2b1 work after the 2f31+2 OTG?
Since there is a 7 frame gap I would imagine pretty well. I usually follow up the OTG with d4 invis f2ffb/exffb or f2b1.

I really hate hate to say this...but muffinmuggers came up with ending combos in sweep and dashing after. I kno I know...but he totally did back months ago. It's gimmicky but it can.be confusing.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I really hate hate to say this...but muffinmuggers came up with ending combos in sweep and dashing after. I kno I know...but he totally did back months ago. It's gimmicky but it can.be confusing.
See joker is secretly muffin muggers. I knew it. lol jk. He could never do something that horrible. Also Joker I can't play MK anymore since now my brothers epilepsy is getting bad. Just yesterday i had to call like 4 hospitals, and clinics to try and get a prescription for him :(

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nah it's cool, I wasn't sure about it. Either way, I'm still toying with it and I want to see if I can throw in a ghost dash to throw people off. I think that would make it a legit setup.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
See joker is secretly muffin muggers. I knew it. lol jk. He could never do something that horrible. Also Joker I can't play MK anymore since now my brothers epilepsy is getting bad. Just yesterday i had to call like 4 hospitals, and clinics to try and get a prescription for him :(
Man that sucks, hopefully I'll at least see you at Civil War. ;_; Also, we can be sure I'm most definitely Muffin Muggers.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
#MuggersCultInitiation
Do you solemnly swear to claim all setups, frame traps, and block strings as tech?

Do you swear to argue with all members of the community over the validity of your "tech" whether it be good or not?

Do you swear to 321 slide until your opponent wants to vomit?

Lastly, do you swear to make at least three TYM accounts in case people don't want to believe in you and need a little convincing?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Do you solemnly swear to claim all setups, frame traps, and block strings as tech?

Do you swear to argue with all members of the community over the validity of your "tech" whether it be good or not?

Lastly, do you swear to make at least three TYM accounts in case people don't want to believe in you and need a little convincing?
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Fuck yes.

#MuggerSalute

Okay, lol, too much troll...

On a related note, I tried 32 invis on someone for the first time in months and promply got poked out of it into pressure. Now I remember why I stopped doing it in the first place.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
On a related note, I tried 32 invis on someone for the first time in months and promply got poked out of it into pressure. Now I remember why I stopped doing it in the first place.
yeah I don't really like using it. I only go invisible off of d4 these days. It gives way more pushback and allows your follow up a better chance to stuff the opponent due to his great range on his normals.

I think standing 2 into ffb might be a quasi option select. Not only can you anti-air with it, but due to it's hitbox you can also whiff punish with it. So regardless if your opponent tries jumping in or dashing in they eat 25% out of the air or 32% from the ground. It's been working for me for a long time. Works well against Sektor's f2, Cage's f3 and b3(phantom hitbox) Kabal's f4 and Cyrax's 121 string among others. Just a backdash and hit 2.

I swear.