What's new

60 skins per character, and you don’t even unlock ONE with their standard ladder ending?!

HAMMER

Noob
Yo. How do you make a thread on this site?

I wanted to ask about the Krypt.

So far, I've completed Story Mode (with every character checked off).

Beat the Klassic Tower with Shao Kahn (the one with 12 fights...or is it 15?), and I beat all of the Tower of Times with Shao Kahn that unlocked other Tower of Times.

Then I was like... <ahhh> time to go to the Krypt and see what I can do. I am one of those dudes who doesn't like to move on if the shit isn't completed (unless I have to); so, can someone tell me if I'm doing this right?

I unlocked all of the chests in the first room, and in the second room. I got Shao Kahn's big dick hammer and hammered it up for the room you started in and the room you get the hammer at. Then I went into the cracked wall on the side and it says the green items with the dead guys are locked. I have gotten every chest I can so far and I broke that big ass chest with all the Jade shit. Right now I tried to do that lever thing but died.

Now I have other shit to do so I'll be back later.

Am I doing this right?

Thanks.

Edit: They're coming out with a patch to decrease the currency needed to purchase the chests? When is that coming out and should I wait to go back to the Krypt until that happens?

I think it's a good thing they have us have to play to unlock all of this shit. Gives incentive to keep going.

<ahhhhh>

The idiots on GameFAQs are a bunch of cry baby bitches!

Last edited:
Did you guys know that pressing start on your character can give your skins different colors? The colors you get are just reused assets so say you get one that you don’t want from a krypt chest, pressing start on it for the p2 color could get you the want you wanted without wasting the time to unlock it.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I didn't want to make a thread for this, but you can also get gear by completing the Basic, Advanced, and Strategy Tutorials. I'm not sure which one gave me the gear, but I got a set for both Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Scorpion: Red Claw Scorpion (Mask), Soshu Kitae Flaming Sword (Katana), Fangs of Gojun (Spear)
Sub-Zero: Lin Kuei Assassin (Mask), Ice Storm Executioner (Axe), Sareena's Momento (Belt)

If anyone has gone through the Tutorials, @ me so I can confirm if they're random or not.
The Story Mode also gives out skins and gear, but I'm not sure as to whether they're random or not. They did seem tied to the character's chapter or the character I was facing so if anyone can confirm this as well, please @ me.
Yes the story does give skins if players used and facing.
And yeah the tutorial gives em too.

If you figure out a ton go ahead and make a thread on how to unlock skins it's good info for everyone.

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
I really don’t like most of the skins for females in this game at all...I’m so sad and disappointed
Same here. I think Skarlet has the best ones out of them all tbh.

I was really disappointed in Kitana's though. I was hoping that since she has Mileena's sais that she would at LEAST have a skin referencing her, but nope. She doesn't even have a single pink skin, and what's even more ridiculous? Her standard skin is called "Mileena's Favorite". Just... wow.

I'm hoping that we get more skins later on down the road. I'd like to see some Klassic skins brought back, or skins from MKX.(yes, I'm looking at you Outcast Erron Black...)

Same here. I think Skarlet has the best ones out of them all tbh.

I was really disappointed in Kitana's though. I was hoping that since she has Mileena's sais that she would at LEAST have a skin referencing her, but nope. She doesn't even have a single pink skin, and what's even more ridiculous? Her standard skin is called "Mileena's Favorite". Just... wow.

I'm hoping that we get more skins later on down the road. I'd like to see some Klassic skins brought back, or skins from MKX.(yes, I'm looking at you Outcast Erron Black...)
Definitely agree about Skarlet. She has the most options and definitely some of the best.

Lun

proud TERF!
Did you guys know that pressing start on your character can give your skins different colors? The colors you get are just reused assets so say you get one that you don’t want from a krypt chest, pressing start on it for the p2 color could get you the want you wanted without wasting the time to unlock it.
Wow really???? I must try this!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I have supported Midway and NRS since day 1. MK has always been my favorite franchise. I couldn't have been more excited when this game was announced.

After two days of playing it, this whole micro-transactions shit has totally turned me off. I feel dirty and betrayed. Like I had a loyal girlfriend that I loved for decades that I just caught sucking off the starting 5 of the Milwaukee Bucks. You like this Kotal skin? Well, it's in the game.....somewhere. You'll probably never unlock it, though. YOU CAN JUST PAY US ANOTHER FIVE BUCKS AND WE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU NOW.

Don't get me wrong - the visuals and sound design in this game are second to none, in my opinion, but this is such a huge turn off. Between this micro-transaction horseshit, the nonsense of the Krypt being randomized, and the way that these "competitive" variations feel totally rushed and incomplete, this is, in my opinion, the most disappointing launch of any NRS game.

Reactions: Lun