What's new

60 skins per character, and you don’t even unlock ONE with their standard ladder ending?!

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Just... damnit.

That was the whole point of those wasn’t it?? See the character ending and unlock a new skin!

Ugh I love this game so much, but damn this skins thing is really infuriating and disheartening.

Why don’t they want us to unlock all these extra skins?!

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Just... damnit.

That was the whole point of those wasn’t it?? See the character ending and unlock a new skin!

Ugh I love this game so much, but damn this skins thing is really infuriating and disheartening.

Why don’t they want us to unlock all these extra skins?!
First of brother, please relax and just hear me out okay? Mk11 just came out..

So regarding skins you will unlock one if you complete tutorial mode with that specific character

Others are rewarded through the krypt, towers of time, and such. Keep note they just notified and told us that they are aware of the whole huge grinding with towers of time difficulty and krypt and that they will fix it.

Lastly keep this in mind. If there's a skin for a character you want extremely badly and can't seem to get it? purchase it somehow with real money. It won't cost much but just make sure that the choices of your purchases are wise and not just " Oh okay i'm gonna buy this cause i think its cool" no actually use your intuition and make the best out of what you choose to spend real money on.

Take care and know that things will get better with Mk11.

DDustiNN

If there's a skin for a character you want extremely badly and can't seem to get it? purchase it somehow with real money.
That would be fine... if it wasn’t tied to a damn randomized live store :mad:

There’s simply no way to even grind toward skins you want. Everything is just random. Randomly hope it’s a tower reward, randomly hope it’s in the tiny shop, randomly hope it’s in an expensive Krypt chest... Man I just want to customize my damn characters, but the game simply won’t let me.

I really don’t like most of the skins for females in this game at all...I’m so sad and disappointed :( It’s honestly a gigantic step down from MKX, so the fact that there’s more hassle to unlock skins (most of which are just shaders anyway) is salt in the wound for me. 3D era costumes as DLC would be a literal dream come true.

Last edited:

LeoMK29

Noob

There’s simply no way to even grind toward skins you want. Everything is just random. Randomly hope it’s a tower reward, randomly hope it’s in the tiny shop, randomly hope it’s in an expensive Krypt chest... Man I just want to customize my damn characters, but the game simply won’t let me.
Man I haven’t even played the game yet but this aspect of it is disheartening

DDustiNN

Man I haven’t even played the game yet but this aspect of it is disheartening
It really is. Only amplified because of fantastic the game itself is. I think that’s what makes it sting so much. I just absolutely love the game, but I’m so bummed about how heavily they promoted customization, only to dangle it in front of us, barely be able to touch it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Same man, I agree lol. I miss the old days when you unlocked the skins easily playing arcade mode, maybe story you get some and of course the krypt having actual coffin numbers like Deception. This randomized nonsense is rather annoying. Like I don't get why we don't have the option to just get a certain skin or even buy it if we want, the randomized daily counter is do dumb imo.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
First of brother, please relax and just hear me out okay? Mk11 just came out..

So regarding skins you will unlock one if you complete tutorial mode with that specific character

Others are rewarded through the krypt, towers of time, and such. Keep note they just notified and told us that they are aware of the whole huge grinding with towers of time difficulty and krypt and that they will fix it.
They knew what they were doing, they knew full well. it shouldnt be "fixed"

Lastly keep this in mind. If there's a skin for a character you want extremely badly and can't seem to get it? purchase it somehow with real money.
It won't cost much but just make sure that the choices of your purchases are wise and not just " Oh okay i'm gonna buy this cause i think its cool" no actually use your intuition and make the best out of what you choose to spend real money on.
And there it is.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
What bugs me is I have lots of extra money and they know this and are just getting me to the breaking point so I'll spend MORE than the 99 dollars I already spent on the game.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You get one for doing the tutorial now, same thing. Way easier. No mandatory pain in the ass boss fight.
I completed the kitana tutorial in full, but it never unlocked the “Oblivion” skin as advertised. Even came up with the completion notice. Every other character skin unlocked after the tutorial except that one...
Any ideas?

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
I completed the kitana tutorial in full, but it never unlocked the “Oblivion” skin as advertised. Even came up with the completion notice. Every other character skin unlocked after the tutorial except that one...
Any ideas?
you want the real answer or the WB/NRS answer?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It really is. Only amplified because of fantastic the game itself is. I think that’s what makes it sting so much. I just absolutely love the game, but I’m so bummed about how heavily they promoted customization, only to dangle it in front of us, barely be able to touch it.
From what I have found is you have 2 default skins, gear ect. The rest are unlocked via Towers of Time and one from Character Tutorial.

Love the game too the only thing I'm kinda blah about us the lack of combo ability in the default presets.

Do you know how I turn on Tournament loadouts on practice? I think I'm on the wrong ones unless those two available are the ones?

DDustiNN

From what I have found is you have 2 default skins, gear ect. The rest are unlocked via Towers of Time and one from Character Tutorial.

Love the game too the only thing I'm kinda blah about us the lack of combo ability in the default presets.

Do you know how I turn on Tournament loadouts on practice? I think I'm on the wrong ones unless those two available are the ones?
You have to create them first. If you go into the custom variations section, make a new variation, then go to Abilities. There you can press square (I think?) to see all of the presets you can choose from. The ones marked with a trophy icon are the tournament variations.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I was a little shocked that you didn't get a skin or at least one of the (crappy) recolours. If they were not going to give you a full skin,there are so many recolours that it seemed a little scummy to not even give you a random one for successfully completing a character's ending for the first time.