What's new

Tech - Sorcerer 60% Inescapable midscreen

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Inspired by @Gustavness 's 50% combo to chip setup *http://testyourmight.com/threads/so-about-that-sorcerer-variation-part-2.54202/

Adding an ex rune to the combo can raise the guaranteed damage to 60%.
(inputs = F2122/B324, NjP, Run B2 Rune, B2 Trance, d3, 14 Rune, D2.)

The d3 into 14 Rune is inescapable, as is the run into Uppercut (10.5% chip). If they take the second hit of the rune, the uppercut will hit them. So there's no way out of this damage. Other setups with 3 bars can reach 71%, but you can escape by taking the first rune hit. Uppercut is punishable but with pushback it can be hard. This will be great for ending a match.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

He needs it due to his lack of a wakeup. :DOGE

But on a serious note, that's really effin' insane. :confused:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Imagine the chip once you make your oponent respect the uppercut.
Actually the uppercut is because they're on the edge of the portal. If you do another attack, you'll push them out and the chip aura won't affect them. So, if they are respecting, you can jump over them into another block string which keeps them in it.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Yeah I'm trying to get all this down for my tournament in two weeks. This stuff is sick.
I used some of my new stuff in the tampa esports tourney last night, got 3rd place. I should have been in finals, but Yung Bacon beat me 3-2 in losers finals. I choked, was up 2-0 and had the win wrapped up, but...:oops:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
can he end it with a safe blockstring instead?
Literally all of Quans block strings are -7 to -14 except f212 which is -1. So you can use that, but f2 is 16 startup and can be backdashed or armored after the ex rune. And the idea here is that this is 60% damage that has no escape points. But yeah, you can do that if you make the read that they'll respect you and block regardless.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Btw where's your locals located?
My city, state even, hasn't had a single local. No one cares. They just play smash. I've haven't competed in one event, and the players that I have don't level up so they can't win, which leads to them quitting.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
My city, state even, hasn't had a single local. No one cares. They just play smash. I've haven't competed in one event, and the players that I have don't level up so they can't win, which leads to them quitting.
Didn't you have a team in MK9?

What happened to all those dudes?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Didn't you have a team in MK9?

What happened to all those dudes?
2011 to 2013 we had a strong team of 4, practicing 4 days a week. But one players Gerardo stole 5 dollars worth of a certain smokable substance from the other guys, and the guys actually blamed me for it. Even after he took responsbility and admitted it was him, they guys still said we must have done it together. So we lost them as friends and team members.

Then injustice came out and Gerardo didn´t like it. And my new guy quit as soon as I started beating him. Flash forward to MKX and Gerardo casually plays Brawler Cassie, and other guys play Kano Sub and Lao but they give up when I beat them. So I just sit in training mode.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
2011 to 2013 we had a strong team of 4, practicing 4 days a week. But one players Gerardo stole 5 dollars worth of a certain smokable substance from the other guys, and the guys actually blamed me for it. Even after he took responsbility and admitted it was him, they guys still said we must have done it together. So we lost them as friends and team members.

Then injustice came out and Gerardo didn´t like it. And my new guy quit as soon as I started beating him. Flash forward to MKX and Gerardo casually plays Brawler Cassie, and other guys play Kano Sub and Lao but they give up when I beat them. So I just sit in training mode.
You need to teach those guys my philosophy

#LosingIsLearning

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
D

Dude. What a huge bummer.

Those guys need to turn it around. I'm sure they lost in MK9. Losing is how you get better.

Sorry to hear that.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Such a sad but also pretty funny story.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
He needs it

That really sucks bro, although to be fair $5 or not, whether you did it or not, I'm not gunna sit around with people liable to steal off me, so for me it would be get rid of the thief or I stop coming, I can sorta see their perspective. Regardless, really sucks your local scene was destroyed man I feel for you. Mine is on life support ATM too

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
He needs it

That really sucks bro, although to be fair $5 or not, whether you did it or not, I'm not gunna sit around with people liable to steal off me, so for me it would be get rid of the thief or I stop coming, I can sorta see their perspective. Regardless, really sucks your local scene was destroyed man I feel for you. Mine is on life support ATM too
Scene's not on life support man you just live nowhere near it.