What's new

Strategy 6 things I'd like to share with new Sub-Zero players.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I hate it. I usually eat a projectile because of the stagger state and then the clone disappears anyways due to being hit.

I also hate placing a clone right next to a fallen character, only to have its wakeup totally bypass the iceclone to hit me. This has happened with a few wakeups, and they arent even EN versions:

Nightwolfs Shoulder Charge
Raidens torpedo

Weird. I always catch Raiden's superman this way. Unless its the enhanced one. :confused: Same applies to Reptile's wakeup. But yeah, it's not a good idea against Nightwolf's Shoulder Charge, since it by pass the ice clone.

But still, you gotta adapt your gameplay, dude. I mean, Ice Clone is nearly useless against a few match ups (like a good Kabal zonner player, for instance). In certain situations you better avoid using it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
theme.
If you back dash clone, it will catch NW in his shoulder charge. Because it has his hitbox leaning forward, its invincibility on wake up is closer than it seems.
It took me forever to get this... but it stops NW cold... so does d4 on it. so mix those up.

Dark_Rob

Noob
theme.
If you back dash clone, it will catch NW in his shoulder charge. Because it has his hitbox leaning forward, its invincibility on wake up is closer than it seems.
It took me forever to get this... but it stops NW cold... so does d4 on it. so mix those up.
His enhanced Shoulder charge will still break through because it has armor. So be careful about doing this when Nightwolf has meter. Of course not every nightwolf will burn a bar of meter just to break through your ice clone. But its still an option he has to be aware of.

His enhanced Shoulder charge will still break through because it has armor. So be careful about doing this when Nightwolf has meter. Of course not every nightwolf will burn a bar of meter just to break through your ice clone. But its still an option he has to be aware of.
d+4 xx Clone on wake-up might take care of that.

Dark_Rob

Noob
d+4 xx Clone on wake-up might take care of that.
No not always. I believe enhanced shoulder has super armor but even if it doesnt what happens is the wakeup invincibility can go through D4 while the armor plows through the clone. In all actuality the clone never forms because he goes right through D4
D4 alone is probably better because if the invincibility goes through it you still have time to block the 2nd hit.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
No not always. I believe enhanced shoulder has super armor but even if it doesnt what happens is the wakeup invincibility can go through D4 while the armor plows through the clone. In all actuality the clone never forms because he goes right through D4
D4 alone is probably better because if the invincibility goes through it you still have time to block the 2nd hit.
So what your getting at is NW is a wakeup beast... :D

I wasn't sure about the exVersion... thanks for clearing that up. I thought d4ing his ex didn't work because it hit low... and because of the wakeup properties it "won" that battle.
Just out of curiosity... how do you keep pressure on NW after a knockdown?

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
^ Nice Sub-zero! That Kung Lao was really really bad though. Doesn't capitalize on damage when spin connects.. spin after spin after spin.. bad usage of low hats, and the poor meter management.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Nice Sub-Zero! I was surprised to see you doing an uppercut, though. I've had to work VERY hard to remove them from my Sub-Zero game. I still uppercut like crazy with Stryker though. =P

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
The kung lao needs more 2 4 low hat setups :/
Nice play btw
True that. He really should mix his combos with low hat, overhead and teleport more. I made sure to tell him that. (y)

Nice Sub-Zero! I was surprised to see you doing an uppercut, though. I've had to work VERY hard to remove them from my Sub-Zero game. I still uppercut like crazy with Stryker though. =P
I only use uppercut when there's nothing else that I can do in certain situations or to finish a round. For some reason I dislike it. :) A friend of mine who mains Nightwolf uses uppercut like crazy tho. He misses a lot of opportunities because of it.

But why the crazy uppercuts against Stryker? I have no experience at all against him. :confused:

This next one is against my friend Nirvana. He mains Ermac, but he been practicing a lot lately with Rain. Here's a sample:

Here's the Nightwolf I was refering earlier:

PS: I'd like to say that I'm not using that stupid reset with enchanced Ice Puddle. I really dislike that shit and since it's going to be removed anytime soon I see no reason to keep using it in my games.