What's new

50%,51%,and 52% Cyber Wall Combos

Altaire

Noob
Hello Altaire, this is a legitimate question.
There are rumors, nasty rumors, that if one were to... and don't quote me on this...if one were to crouch block, the opponent won't get frozen by the bombs. Others tend to hear these rumors, and so I've noticed, that even if I do throw out an Ex-Bomb, said person whose heard said rumors will just say "Eh, fuck it. What's 8 percent compared to the high risk of getting away," and take it like a man. Now, they tend not to get frozen, but then again, I haven't tested it extensively, only gone on heresay, y'know.
I thought you left the board?

It's possible to freeze your opponent while they're in crouch block. There are allegedly some circumstances where it'll trigger a glitch where the bombs will fail to freeze, but I've never seen it outside of practice mode. I tried to test the circumstances under which a freeze bomb fails to freeze for use in my guide, but I honestly couldn't find any situation where the glitch was consistent.

Altaire

Noob
And wouldn't you know it, I just found a way to make the freeze fail consistently olololololol.

I'll edit the post with details once I test it more thoroughly.

EDIT: Okay, BASICALLY, the bombs will fail to freeze if you link them off a blocked string. I don't know why this is, but I'm assuming it's some glitch where the game considers your opponent to be in vulnerable frames during crouch blockstun. The reason I say this is that you CAN link a bomb off 1 1 2 in crouch block, and it'll still freeze. This is ostensibly due to the natural delay before the special cancel in 1 1 2, so the bomb comes out after they're out of blockstun. Of course, 1 1 2 bomb is a terrible idea, I'm just citing it for the sake of my theory.

I'm guessing the most popular instance of this is UFG's F2 2 1 close bomb setup. The primary appeal to the string is that you can use it to link a freeze bomb on block safely (as long as your opponent doesn't have a way to punish you and still avoid the bomb before you can block). If your opponent is in crouch block, the entire purpose of the string is nullified. Of course, F2 2 1 is still safe on block, so if your opponent ducks before it connects, just leave it at F2 2 1 and skip the bomb cancel.

If you throw a bomb at an opponent in crouch block without linking it off anything, the bomb will still freeze.

You have failed me for the last time Altaire....

And I only said I'd be leaving the board if my fellow comrades honestly felt I should go, since, I've only posted combos (regardless of practicality or situational-ality, see what I did there?), or occasionally trolled (who hasn't), or haven't gotten along with you. Which to be honest, really isn't that big of a deal. So we don't like each other...who cares.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I thought you left the board?

It's possible to freeze your opponent while they're in crouch block. There are allegedly some circumstances where it'll trigger a glitch where the bombs will fail to freeze, but I've never seen it outside of practice mode. I tried to test the circumstances under which a freeze bomb fails to freeze for use in my guide, but I honestly couldn't find any situation where the glitch was consistent.
Lol my bombs have never frozen an opponent :(

I take credit for convincing galindo to pick up CSZ again.

The only chance it seems at getting a bomb freeze is off a F221, or the thrown away B22 Setup.
Or, if you're lucky, the Glue Trap. Other than that, use the bombs like hand grenades.

Altaire

Noob
Lol my bombs have never frozen an opponent :(

I take credit for convincing galindo to pick up CSZ again.
I get bomb freezes all the time, so I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Hopefully, reading my guide will somehow help you to get around that.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I get bomb freezes all the time, so I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Hopefully, reading my guide will somehow help you to get around that.
I know why they don't freeze for me. I always do them at the end of combos.

I... Yeah. That's kind of the point.

The whole aim of the guide is to be able to help anyone who plays Cyber Sub, regardless of their experience. Of course I'm going to advertise it.
Don't get me wrong. It's advertising for a good cause. But it's still funny. Every other post it's like, "And this is just a little taste OF MY GUIDE :D" or "and you'll learn more IN MY GUIDE :D" or my personal favorite, "(Informational post) that you can find IN MY GUIDE :D" xD