What's new

50%,51%,and 52% Cyber Wall Combos

X-Tac's Original 50:
Requires one bar. Difficulty: 7/10.
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, f221 xx Slide
Note: I find it easier to jump-EX Tele
Note: You cannot Ex-Slide. It will whiff.
Note: You may find this 50 easier, or the 51 easier, depending on your personal liking. Test both out to see which is for you.

Modification to make this 51%:
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, 34, slide
Note: You can D3 or D1 just before the last slide to make it easier, 3-4 frames faster I believe, and is hit confirmable. According to J360, the risk of the slide is removed, due to hit confirming before your cancel. I find it easier (at the end) to 3,4 3,4 and then hold down the (Down) button on whatever controller/stick you're using, that way to eliminate input errors, and simply time the down 3 into a slide. It's quite easy to do this part consistently with that.
Note: You can add an Ex-Slide to make it 52%.

IN THEORY <--------: 53-54%
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, JK-EX Tele, 34, 34, slide
Note: Tested this extensively, and could not get it to work.
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, 34, 33xxSlide
Note: Tested this extensively, and could not get it to work, but a D4xxSlide may be possible, giving it a possible 52% for no meter.

These last two are not a guarantee, and as such, are only posted as a feasible idea. More testing required before another post.

READ THIS: Some of you might think, well if it's difficult, why go for it? There are scenarios when -these- are your best options.
If you are roughly 1/4 away from the corner, and you freeze your opponent, you can 211+2 them toward the corner. In most cases, you would jump punch them in mid-air, and go into a standard wall combo. The highest of these mid-to-corner combos is roughly 40-41 percent, and requires a little timing. So, instead of doing that jump in to push them to the wall, you can just Ex-tele them into one of these combos, getting 50-52 percent, that's 11 more percent on average.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
No combo is impractical if it pushes past normal damage limits. Nice use of Ex Tele ill definitly test these out when i get home to see if ill use them in high level play. Good find to both you and Tac

No combo is impractical if it pushes past normal damage limits. Nice use of Ex Tele ill definitly test these out when i get home to see if ill use them in high level play. Good find to both you and Tac
Anything that can't be done 11/10 times under pressure and during a Communist invasion, is allegedly impractical.
Sorry J, send this combo to the furnace...

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
jip 21 freeze, jip 21 2+1, njp, 4, 34, 33 slide

I made up that combo myself, and that's like 48% meterless. I would rather do 48% meterless than 50% 1 bar lol. I'll go for the 2% less and save a bar. Plus it looks really cool :top:

7King, maybe you did not read the post, but there are situations where you cannot go for the 'on-the-wall' 48's. By the way, that one is only 47 percent. Mine is 51, and requires less execution.
When you are forced to jump punch to push the opponent closer to the wall, instead of doing a buffered low 40, the 51 is much more optimal.

xTac

Noob
Well... i knew all those already... just didnt want to spill the beans, so technically they are not yours again....

lololol.... Nah, Im just messing with you dude. Good find.

However, so far i find them to be inconsistent imho. After trying them out for some time i believe the slide at the end to be risky as it may whiff giving your opponent full combo opportunity. D3/D1/D4 xx Slide will not help, as it still whiffs under the same condition as a naked slide.

So, technically its possible. But i dont know if its worth the risk. Its pretty tight execution. Maybe its just me sucking :). I look forward into what the others think.

Anyway, im glad to see you pushed my bit of info even further. Thats exactly why i post stuff here. cheers

If you do the D3 or 1, it's hit confirmable, so you don't have to slide basically until you see it hit, negating that risk. There's a couple tricks you can do to make sure that D3 connects. From what I hear, J360 says he can do the 51 pretty consistently, and he D1 hit confirms. I prefer D3 hit confirming, but that's just me.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Down one is hit confirmable, if you input the slide command during the down 1, it will only slide if the d1 hits. if not then no slide comes out

xTac

Noob
If you do the D3 or 1, it's hit confirmable, so you don't have to slide basically until you see it hit, negating that risk. There's a couple tricks you can do to make sure that D3 connects. From what I hear, J360 says he can do the 51 pretty consistently, and he D1 hit confirms. I prefer D3 hit confirming, but that's just me.
I have no problem connecting D1 or D3... its the slide after it that whiffs. Unless you hit the last three stages at the correct height, it will whiff. (by 3 stages i mean the Ex tele, 34/34 and D1/D3). If you are a little late on any, there is no time for the slide to hit as the opponent will fall extremely fast. Any tips?

j360 said:
Down one is hit confirmable, if you input the slide command during the down 1, it will only slide if the d1 hits. if not then no slide comes out
That makes it safer. I did not notice that first hand. However.... the slide adds a lot of damage. If you do not connect the slide you will end up with something like 47 or 48 percent, which you can get without burning meter. (not home right now, unable to check correct damage)

I just tried in training mode for a while, once.... so, as i said before, maybe i still suck and need more time to get it down.

Anyone tried to do an instant divekick/exdivekick instead of slide?? Suposedly it is 5/6 frames... so should connect in theory. Will try it when i can.

If no one has posted the vid of these by tonight, I'll record them and throw them up (credit will be given). I haven't tampered with Cyber much, so this will be a nice break from the rest of the roster.

Flagg

Noob
jip 21 freeze, jip 21 2+1, njp, 4, 34, 33 slide

I made up that combo myself, and that's like 48% meterless. I would rather do 48% meterless than 50% 1 bar lol. I'll go for the 2% less and save a bar. Plus it looks really cool :top:
I agree and I would rather save meter for breakers or using an ex move to trap my opponent. It's like people that rave about X Ray combos, when really, a big combo doesn't stack that well with an X Ray, however some characters are the exception to this (CSZ has a 58% combo involving X Ray).

That said, this is nice as i've been trying to look for ways myself to combine his EX Teleport into attacks and opportunities.

I tried JK into ex teleport, and every time I hit down for the down back 1+block, I just dive kick instead. And yes, im just pressing k once for the jk.

galindo

Noob
Well I build up so much meter with cyber sub,

His ex bomb, I find really hardly ever worth it at all!

Ex freeze is definitely necessary for some matches like cyrax, which in my opinion is a good match up for cyber sub.

Ex teleport is also something I rather do than bomb freeze.

By again it feels like to me like csz builds meter fast so I guess you could throw out ex bombs or ex combos.

Flagg, read the post again, and the footnotes. There are times when you cannot do his regular 48% (difficult) wall combos, as you are coming from middish-screen, to the corner. In replacement, you do this.

X-Tac, the Ex-Tele should be done at maximum height, this isn't that hard to time with practice, and there is still a margin for error so it doesn't need to be exact.
As for the 34, 34, this you should just get the timing down so you can do it as fast as you can, and that really isn't the hard part.
If you practice this combo enough, and I mean actually do this a couple times in matches, not just in practice, you'll get it down.
The only real part of difficulty is the slide, which, J360 is right, you can down 1 and hit confirm it. I personally hit confirm with the down 3, but that's my preference. And to ease the down 1 or 3 timing, hold down the down input while the last 34 is in motion, that way all you have to do is hit 1 or 3 by itself.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
X-Tac's Original 50:
Requires one bar. Difficulty: 7/10.
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, f221 xx Slide
Note: I find it easier to jump-EX Tele
Note: You cannot Ex-Slide. It will whiff.
Note: You may find this 50 easier, or the 51 easier, depending on your personal liking. Test both out to see which is for you.

Modification to make this 51%:
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, 34, slide
Note: You can D3 or D1 just before the last slide to make it easier, 3-4 frames faster I believe, and is hit confirmable. According to J360, the risk of the slide is removed, due to hit confirming before your cancel. I find it easier (at the end) to 3,4 3,4 and then hold down the (Down) button on whatever controller/stick you're using, that way to eliminate input errors, and simply time the down 3 into a slide. It's quite easy to do this part consistently with that.
Note: You can add an Ex-Slide to make it 52%.

IN THEORY <--------: 53-54%
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, JK-EX Tele, 34, 34, slide
Note: Tested this extensively, and could not get it to work.
JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, 34, 33xxSlide
Note: Tested this extensively, and could not get it to work, but a D4xxSlide may be possible, giving it a possible 52% for no meter.

These last two are not a guarantee, and as such, are only posted as a feasible idea. More testing required before another post.

READ THIS: Some of you might think, well if it's difficult, why go for it? There are scenarios when -these- are your best options.
If you are roughly 1/4 away from the corner, and you freeze your opponent, you can 211+2 them toward the corner. In most cases, you would jump punch them in mid-air, and go into a standard wall combo. The highest of these mid-to-corner combos is roughly 40-41 percent, and requires a little timing. So, instead of doing that jump in to push them to the wall, you can just Ex-tele them into one of these combos, getting 50-52 percent, that's 11 more percent on average.
Shit...im so testing this right now! Nice find man!

First one works like a charm but the second one with the 34,34 is a bitch.

I need to stress that this combo is for -damage purposes-.
And if you read the post, there are situations where this is your best option.

In the words of Tom Brady "Fools, all of you."

Altaire

Noob
Well I build up so much meter with cyber sub,

His ex bomb, I find really hardly ever worth it at all!

Ex freeze is definitely necessary for some matches like cyrax, which in my opinion is a good match up for cyber sub.

Ex teleport is also something I rather do than bomb freeze.
EX bomb has one major use: If your opponent is in or close to the corner and you're at 3/4s screen distance or greater, you can throw out an EX bomb and it basically makes it impossible for them to get out. If EX bomb is used from midscreen, your opponent can just jump away, and you're forced to move away from the bombs if you want to chase them (or waste another bar on the EX freeze if you're really that desperate). If they're backed into the corner, they won't be able to jump away. The bombs will cover the entirety of the distance between yourself and your opponent, which basically forces them to jump or attempt to dash-block in between them. If they jump, you can If they dash block, you can EX divekick on reaction; the blockstun will pin your opponent on the bomb, and you'll get 5% chip on top of a 34% combo off the bomb. If they try to jump out after you leave the ground and aren't quick enough, they'll actually eat the divekick for 18% and THEN get frozen. The divekick scales independent of the bomb freeze, so you get the 18% for that on top of the 34% combo followup. Two bars seems like a little much, and it is, but I'll take that for 52%. Worst case scenario, you're getting 39% on block. This is the only scenario where I suggest using EX bomb.

EX freeze is a godsend. Consider that a lot of characters want to force Cyber Sub to be at fullscreen distance, as he can't reaction divekick from there: If they try to do anything from that distance, EX freeze will blow them up. Of course, this doesn't work on every character, but it's a huge asset in a lot of matchups. Even then, EX freeze is just great for all the same reasons Sub's is, AND it has one added bonus: After an air freeze of any kind, you always have time to teleport and combo, as long as the freeze doesn't trade with anything. You can actually dial the teleport in just as the freeze animation ends to make the timing perfect, then NJP, U4 slide for 26%. This is the one advantage Cyber Sub's freeze/EX freeze has over human Sub's.

EX teleport is overly situational. It'll get you out of crossups if you don't want to risk a parry (which will just get blown up if your opponent crosses over without a punch/kick to bait the parry), and it's occasionally a good way to get in, because god knows his normal teleport isn't. I wouldn't use this too often, but it has its moments.

Consider this something of a sneak preview of my guide, because I feel bad for letting it take as long as it has.

Hello Altaire, this is a legitimate question.
There are rumors, nasty rumors, that if one were to... and don't quote me on this...if one were to crouch block, the opponent won't get frozen by the bombs. Others tend to hear these rumors, and so I've noticed, that even if I do throw out an Ex-Bomb, said person whose heard said rumors will just say "Eh, fuck it. What's 8 percent compared to the high risk of getting away," and take it like a man. Now, they tend not to get frozen, but then again, I haven't tested it extensively, only gone on heresay, y'know.

galindo

Noob
EX bomb has one major use: If your opponent is in or close to the corner and you're at 3/4s screen distance or greater, you can throw out an EX bomb and it basically makes it impossible for them to get out. If EX bomb is used from midscreen, your opponent can just jump away, and you're forced to move away from the bombs if you want to chase them (or waste another bar on the EX freeze if you're really that desperate). If they're backed into the corner, they won't be able to jump away. The bombs will cover the entirety of the distance between yourself and your opponent, which basically forces them to jump or attempt to dash-block in between them. If they jump, you can If they dash block, you can EX divekick on reaction; the blockstun will pin your opponent on the bomb, and you'll get 5% chip on top of a 34% combo off the bomb. If they try to jump out after you leave the ground and aren't quick enough, they'll actually eat the divekick for 18% and THEN get frozen. The divekick scales independent of the bomb freeze, so you get the 18% for that on top of the 34% combo followup. Two bars seems like a little much, and it is, but I'll take that for 52%. Worst case scenario, you're getting 39% on block. This is the only scenario where I suggest using EX bomb.

EX freeze is a godsend. Consider that a lot of characters want to force Cyber Sub to be at fullscreen distance, as he can't reaction divekick from there: If they try to do anything from that distance, EX freeze will blow them up. Of course, this doesn't work on every character, but it's a huge asset in a lot of matchups. Even then, EX freeze is just great for all the same reasons Sub's is, AND it has one added bonus: After an air freeze of any kind, you always have time to teleport and combo, as long as the freeze doesn't trade with anything. You can actually dial the teleport in just as the freeze animation ends to make the timing perfect, then NJP, U4 slide for 26%. This is the one advantage Cyber Sub's freeze/EX freeze has over human Sub's.

EX teleport is overly situational. It'll get you out of crossups if you don't want to risk a parry (which will just get blown up if your opponent crosses over without a punch/kick to bait the parry), and it's occasionally a good way to get in, because god knows his normal teleport isn't. I wouldn't use this too often, but it has its moments.

Consider this something of a sneak preview of my guide, because I feel bad for letting it take as long as it has.
thats exactly how i feel about ex bomb.
all of what oyu said is much more situational.
brb teleport. brb well timed jump

and i need to test some of what you said because, i hardly EVER get a freeze out of any those situations you listed

galindo

Noob
Hello Altaire, this is a legitimate question.
There are rumors, nasty rumors, that if one were to... and don't quote me on this...if one were to crouch block, the opponent won't get frozen by the bombs. Others tend to hear these rumors, and so I've noticed, that even if I do throw out an Ex-Bomb, said person whose heard said rumors will just say "Eh, fuck it. What's 8 percent compared to the high risk of getting away," and take it like a man. Now, they tend not to get frozen,but then again, I haven't tested it extensively, only gone on heresay, y'know.
so much this.

And I'm completely aware of the bomb rules, but I hear rumors...nasty rumors...you know, heresay... that crouch blocking doesn't play by the rules...