What's new

50/50 corner loop game

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
A F0xy Grampa UsedForGlue

Off-topic question, but how do you guys feel about cornering somebody and than doing a block string into the enhanced teleport? For example 1121~EX teleport. They can't jump out because you can just do the 2 and combo off of it. They can't hit you obviously because you have armor, you will full combo them with teleport 3. And if they just stand there and block, theoretically you could just end the teleport with a 3~1121~EX teleport again.

I have been doing this for a while now, and sometimes my opponent just stands there and blocks and I can use all 3 bars to 1121~EX teleport~3~1121~EX teleport~3~1121~EX teleport~3~any block string afterward. Alot of chip damage.

Thoughts about this corner pressure?
There is nothing wrong with it really when your really pressing hard with some rushdown, but :ex teleport can always be punished.

But the wiffed grab, thats tight.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
There is nothing wrong with it really when your really pressing hard with some rushdown, but :ex teleport can always be punished.

But the wiffed grab, thats tight.
Yeah, I have yet to put wiffed grab into my EX teleport game. But what I'm trying to ask tho is, is there a way out of this or a way to stop it? When you got your opponent stuck in the corner they're kind of screwed, the only way the get out of it usually is if they have a low hitbox and duck. Idk if there is another way to stop it though

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Off-topic question, but how do you guys feel about cornering somebody and than doing a block string into the enhanced teleport? For example 1121~EX teleport. They can't jump out because you can just do the 2 and combo off of it. They can't hit you obviously because you have armor, you will full combo them with teleport 3. And if they just stand there and block, theoretically you could just end the teleport with a 3~1121~EX teleport again.

I have been doing this for a while now, and sometimes my opponent just stands there and blocks and I can use all 3 bars to 1121~EX teleport~3~1121~EX teleport~3~1121~EX teleport~3~any block string afterward. Alot of chip damage.

The only problem with this is that they can dash out of the corner before KL comes up from his teleport

ForeverKing

I think with wiffed grab armor it's really good since he builds he meter back so fast..
I never really tried doing wiffed grab after the EX teleport because I'm scared I will actually grab my opponent which stop my pressure and momentum, and really piss me off lol.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yeah, I have yet to put wiffed grab into my EX teleport game. But what I'm trying to ask tho is, is there a way out of this or a way to stop it? When you got your opponent stuck in the corner they're kind of screwed, the only way the get out of it usually is if they have a low hitbox and duck. Idk if there is another way to stop it though
The wiffed grab absorbs even Lui Kangs :ex Bicycle kick on wake up.

The opponent has to jump away when they see it, so most opponents start to jump when expecting it, so your overhead will start to work then.

ForeverKing

The wiffed grab absorbs even Lui Kangs :ex Bicycle kick on wake up.

The opponent has to jump away when they see it, so most opponents start to jump when expecting it, so your overhead will start to work then.
But that's the thing, if they are in the corner they can't jump out. I guess I have to learn how to start using the whiffed grab technique

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I never really tried doing wiffed grab after the EX teleport because I'm scared I will actually grab my opponent which stop my pressure and momentum, and really piss me off lol.
If that happens then at worse you've netted some damage... And that's not really a loss if you think about it.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.

I would love it if you did that. I can Smoke Towards behind Lao before he reappears, get out of the corner, and possibly get in my own 80% combo. =D

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT MY PRECIOUS LIKES

But I'd rather have "unpunishable" dash and huge midscreen kombos myself :)
Dash is more punishable pre-patch. The frame data is no different aside from hit advantage, but there's no pushback, either.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Dash is more punishable pre-patch. The frame data is no different aside from hit advantage, but there's no pushback, either.
I was making a joke about how everyone said dash was unpunishable in the OG days of MK9.

Enenra Y U JOKES NO MAKE SENSE