What's new

Tech - Sorcerer 50%1 bar safe chip setup

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Is there a specific reason to reset the opponent with d3 instead of s3 or s4 for more damage? I'm guessing its to keep them inside the hex?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Remember when the game came out and Scorpions 8-10% chip strings were considered broken and needed nerfing immediately? :DOGE

@STRYKIE @Slips amirite? Lol
I think most of the community agrees Quan is just stupid and needs to be toned down in some way. Not Scorpion needing his old dirty back.

Quan Chi is pretty much the new Cyrax. A character nobody enjoys fighting against, litters the screen with garbage that do chunks of life, crazy pressure and mixups and if he touches you he can kill you. And then the troll buffs with the argument of 'he needs it' and him not winning a major yet.

Here's to hoping someone wins with him soon so he can finally get nerfed.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I feel like Quan's fundamentals aren't going anywhere, which is great imo. It's his incredible reward for minimal effort that's the issue. No one else has the fire power he does over multiple variations.

Would people rather have a balanced game with a variety of play styles spanning over years of competitive play? Or would people rather top 8's always feature the same two characters and have the fun last 12 months at the most?

Good players will adapt as the character is normalized. Bad ones will be left behind, and that's for the better honestly, they were never really part of the community in the first place. From the reverence they give the character in his current state, it's easy to tell who's who.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I feel like Quan's fundamentals aren't going anywhere, which is great imo. It's his incredible reward for minimal effort that's the issue. No one else has the fire power he does over multiple variations.

Would people rather have a balanced game with a variety of play styles spanning over years of competitive play? Or would people rather top 8's always feature the same two characters and have the fun last 12 months at the most?

Good players will adapt as the character is normalized. Bad ones will be left behind, and that's for the better honestly, they were never really part of the community in the first place. From the reverence they give the character in his current state, it's easy to tell who's who.
The Top 8s have actually been quite diverse, for the most part. Only one Quan main made it all the way to top 8 at SCR. The other only used Quan as a pocket character.

We're a long way from having four Quans in the top 8, like CEO had with Tanya.

Also, I don't fully understand this 12 month talking point. MK9 had fucked up shit in it and it saw THREE EVOs.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
That's a good point, but I feel like NRS played a part in keeping it at EVO. I'd rather see MK follow the path Melee was on.

12 months is the typical life span of triple A titles as I've seen them. More of a reference to how CoD and its competitive community/ game development works.

For the record, I like Quan Chi and his variations.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
That was 60% two bars and left you -17
Mines is 50%one bar and only -8
Yes. Mine could just be changed to put 141 at the end for basically the same result. Maybe 3% less I guess. The uppercut version mixed with 2 bars is really a round ender. Does anyone else like linking D3 ex rune in the chip spell?

Aramonde

Noob
With every thread that someone finds powerful tech i fear Quan will get nerfed into a worse version of MK9 Quan. And before i even have a chance at him.

Personally, I'm a fan of how Quan taunts Raiden by saying, "No lackeys to shield you?" You know, with how all Quan does is have people fight for him.

It's awesome.
I love his taunts XD His taunt to Liu during trance is my favorite - *snarky tone* earthrealms champion

So we want to nerf Summoner AND Sorcerer now?

Watch out, Warlock. You're fuckin' next.
Its gonna happen just a matter of when.

They let Cyrax be dumb, let Quan live.
Mkx quan is an apology for mk9 quan.
You're goddamn right! Fuck Kabal and Cyrax ITS OUR TURN NOW! (but wait hes not dominating like those two did hmmmm)

Call me a downplayer! I will serve him in the netherealm forever!!! *cries*