What's new

Tech - Sorcerer 50%1 bar safe chip setup

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Only for you and your low tier characters. And since I play predator I know he isn't actually dumb.

That's where you're wrong. We do need pitchforks for every quan thread. Heck every known quan main should be followed and monitored at every major.
I dunno man, I'm yet to have fought a Quan I've had serious trouble against. Play right once you knock him down and it's pretty ok.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
50% off an unsafe low starter, which can be armoured through if blocked when cancelled into rune. Come on guys, this is good stuff, but it's essentially just a high damage combo that results in a hefty punish if blocked correctly. We don't need pitchforks with EVERY Quan thread.
We don't need them, but we're getting them anyway.

Won't be long before the usual suspects appear.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
I dunno man, I'm yet to have fought a Quan I've had serious trouble against. Play right once you knock him down and it's pretty ok.
That's because you mirror match and your quan summoner is beastly!

Have you played another good summoner with goro?? Lol

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
That's because you mirror match and your quan summoner is beastly!

Have you played another good summoner with goro?? Lol
Haven't yet but Goro would absolutely destroy Quan in the corner. May have a trouble with the zoning though. But I mean that's kinda like all of his matchups imo.

Btw I haven't played you since like the first ysb have I? The comment was more in reference to qld Quan's ;)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Reasonable but I think LK is waaaaay below top 5. I do think Quan is top 5 tho.
I base my top 5 on tools, characters that really have no glaring weakness. The exceptions to this MAY be cassie with zoning and HQT with armour, but the issues dont seem to be as drastic as quans. Even then, if we switch Kobu for Kang i think its still a fair top 5. But again, just my opinion. No one has to agree and im not gonna argue it

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I base my top 5 on tools, characters that really have no glaring weakness. The exceptions to this MAY be cassie with zoning and HQT with armour, but the issues dont seem to be as drastic as quans. Even then, if we switch Kobu for Kang i think its still a fair top 5. But again, just my opinion. No one has to agree and im not gonna argue it
Yeah that's fair man. I've just played against a couple of great Liu Kangs and never felt he had anything quite dirty enough to bring him into the top 5. Especially now that he doesn't get insane frames off of a blocked d3 he doesn't seem to be as much of an issue imo.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Unfortunately, this combo is unreliable and not something you will hit consistently against all characters. With that being said, dont get discouraged. There are 1 bar 55% combos that Sorcerer can do that will leave you safe if thats your thing.

Keep exploring!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
All good sorcerers should know Ketchup's 50% 1 bar chip setup. The only downside to it was that you ended with a D2 which left you unsafe.my solution is this new set up.

Damage
The original setup does 26.25% chip
This new one does 24.75% chip
You will be much safer while only losing 1.5% chip damage.

Inputs
B324 njp j1 b2 trance summon hex d3 14 mb rune 141
This setup allows the 141 to land while the enemy is under the hex. Maximizing damage and safety.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like to imagine NRS purposely made his gameplay obnoxious to fight against, to suit the theme of the character. Because of that I think he's incredibly well designed, the scumbaggery of the character is complemented by the way he plays haha.

Personally, I'm a fan of how Quan taunts Raiden by saying, "No lackeys to shield you?" You know, with how all Quan does is have people fight for him.

It's awesome.