What's new

5 Possible Guest Characters for MKX

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm not sure if a thread was made, but this is very interesting. If one has been made then can a mod close or merge thread, please?

Here's the link:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/mortal-kombat-x-5-guest-characters-you-want-as-dlc

Spawn: Now, I would fucking shit myself if he was a guest character. Personally, he's my favorite character of all time, and he just fits perfectly in the MK world. With his chains, guns, and that cape. He would slaughter at least half the cast without even trying. Fanboy

Ash Williams: This dude is just ridiculous when it comes to being a badass. Evil Dead character. I don't know much about him, but here's his wiki: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Williams

Frank the Bunny: Donnie Darko and his beloved rabbit. This guy puts Freddy Kruger to shame IMO. His appearance alone is suitable for the, transcended, dark reality we know as Mortal Kombat. Hara-Kiri's all day from this benevolent entity.

Pinhead: To understand pleasure is to understand PAIN! There's no one like him and he's a top contender to Havik when it comes to inflicting pain. Thinking of it now, he would have some of the most interesting moves sets, xrays, and fatalities.

Predator: Arnold managed to take out this guy, but I think he can go toe to toe in the MK world. With blades, lasers, nukes, cloaking devices and more. This guy is bound to be in MK. He speed and strength will also play a big role when attempting to smash in Shinnok's face.

All in all I think this is a good line-up for possible guest characters and would honestly be content with any of them being one. I'd prefer Spawn, but since I don't really know of Ash, it would be interesting to learn and see what he could do. Discuss, chat, yell at me :p.

The only question left is: WHO'S NEXT?!

Last edited:
From these characters, the one i'd like the most is definitely Ash Williams.
A chainsaw for a hand, a shotgun the other, also he would fit well with different variations, for example one would have the chainsaw, another could have his metal hand, which he gets in Army of Darkness (i think)

But Predator would fit in this regard too, just not really sure how an alien would fit in a game about swords and magic - more or less.

Reactions: Art

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I seriously think they should put neo as a guest char from the matrix he is already owned by WB, Think of the amazing play style he would have FX ect :)

True Grave

From these characters, the one i'd like the most is definitely Ash Williams.
A chainsaw for a hand, a shotgun the other, also he would fit well with different variations, for example one would have the chainsaw, another could have his metal hand, which he gets in Army of Darkness (i think)

But Predator would fit in this regard too, just not really sure how an alien would fit in a game about swords and magic - more or less.
Army of Darkness, yes. I remember now. After mentioning that, his variations would definitely be unique to his personality and he would have the best intro lines. Too many people want Predator so I think Boon should go against the norm and put one of the other 4 in.

Last edited:

True Grave

I seriously think they should put neo as a guest char from the matrix he is already owned by WB, Think of the amazing play style he would have FX ect :)
I heard that a while ago before Freddy was released and I think it was be cool. The idea of having Neo is entertaining and I can already think of some variations he could possibly have. One could be fast fists, another could be strength (heavy damage) and the last could be an mix of brawler, but with timed specific moves like Kratos. The last one could be a timed event so depending on who his said button first. One could do more or less damage. Or even counter the move entirely allowing for a punish.

I do not get at all why people would want Frank The Bunny as a character. I've only ever seen Donny Darko once, and I don't remember Frank ever doing anything Mortal Kombat-like. Sure, he's a dark character and whatnot, but he's also just a dude that has a hole in his face wearing a bunny costume. Doesn't really fit, in my opinion.

At this stage, I'm still adamant that Jason Voorhees is the only logical choice as a guest character. Rumor has it a new Friday The 13th is coming out next year, so it'd be great publicity for both parties to have Jason in.

There's also this tweet (https://twitter.com/noobde/status/490153764339204096). It's probably just my inner Jason fanboy speaking, but it seems to me that Ed likes the idea.

True Grave

no matter which one, but t-1000 sure would allow for some flashy stuff. WB has the rights and EB was tweeting about Sarah Connor recently...
Sarah Conner would be an interesting character, but I almost feel like she would be like Cassie Cage. Although, each variation could have bits and pieces of the terminator helping her out.

Sarah Conner would be an interesting character, but I almost feel like she would be like Cassie Cage. Although, each variation could have bits and pieces of the terminator helping her out.
nah man Sarah Connor is not an option. but maybe a hint to the terminator. i mean, someone talked about "pinhead(?) vs quan chi" and boon replied with "Sarah connor vs sonya blade". we can assume sonya is not in but someone she has to do with (cassie), so maybe someone wo is not sarah connor but has to do with her is in and as John is probably not the right choice for an MK character it might be a Terminator.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well first off I don't understand why so many have elected Neo as a guest, because in seriousness its a generic white dude in trench coat with powers! Ash will never likely happen simply because, Sam Rami has refused multiple times to even allow New Line use the character in a Jason vs Freddy vs Ash movie way back in the day ( I read that somewhere just don't remember where). Jason is highly likely given what was said earlier in the thread, but remember WB doesn't own him anymore either. It all just depends on how much money has to be shelled out and if the other studio is ok with it.

True Grave

Well first off I don't understand why so many have elected Neo as a guest, because in seriousness its a generic white dude in trench coat with powers! Ash will never likely happen simply because, Sam Rami has refused multiple times to even allow New Line use the character in a Jason vs Freddy vs Ash movie way back in the day ( I read that somewhere just don't remember where). Jason is highly likely given what was said earlier in the thread, but remember WB doesn't own him anymore either. It all just depends on how much money has to be shelled out and if the other studio is ok with it.
Money talks so its basically whoever is willing to take their offer. Don't do anything stupid now Mr. Ed Boon.