What's new

42 Characters - place your best on last 11

Xelz

Go over there!
If anything, the coronavirus will ensure the 11 characters, since they'll be basically selling 6 characters for 30 bucks per year, instead of a new game with 25 characters for 60 bucks. The former ensures a lot of money for a lot less work, which is what companies hit by the corona would be open to.
That’s assuming a significant number of consumers purchase those 6 characters compared to the sales a new I3 game would generate. And WB games probably isn’t keen on letting I3’s timeline slip so NRS can push out 5-6 more characters on what will be a last-gen title by then.

I just don’t predict that there will be another 2 years of character DLC. It’s hard to envision enough demand in 2021-2022 to justify the resources for a third kombat pack.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
That’s assuming a significant number of consumers purchase those 6 characters compared to the sales a new I3 game would generate. And WB games probably isn’t keen on letting I3’s timeline slip so NRS can push out 5-6 more characters on what will be a last-gen title by then.

I just don’t predict that there will be another 2 years of character DLC. It’s hard to envision enough demand in 2021-2022 to justify the resources for a third kombat pack.
Point taken, but I think that DLC characters who are popular or fan favorites may help with that. If they put Li Mei, no one will give a shit, but Mileena or Smoke? That would be free money, basically.

DeftMonk

Noob
I was trying to think of a guest character (other than doom slayer) that I could get hype for and couldn't think of any. But that being said this should be added for intro dialogue between cassie and terminator:
Terminator: Your father gives me a headache
Cassie: It's probably...
Terminator: It's not a tumor!

or

Cassie:Whats up?
Terminator:Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Afumba

Noob
So let's just assume the placeholders for 42 characters that have been again confirmed to be in the data of MK11 will be filled like they did for Injustice 2 and MKX, who do you think make it in? To make it a bit more interesting, let's make a game out of this to keep it interesting. Everyone who posts chips in $1 to the one who gets the most right. In case of a tie, we give each winner 0.50$ or a $1, whatever you prefer. We are 100% sure on the first 3, so it's basically 8 characters we have to guess. That includes ROB who could still be a robot, Robocop, Stryker as a robot or part of a joke.

I am going to go with:

1. Fujin
  2. Sheeva
  3. Ash Williams
  4. Robocop
  5. Michael Myers
  6. Stryker
  7. Mileena
  8. Reiko
  9. Havik
  10. Pennywise
  11. Pinhead
If we really get this many fighters i really hope your list is way wrong, its really bad in my oppinion. Mileena and Havik are great, i am okay with Sheeva, Fujin is alright i guess but the rest is garbage at best.

Gien the lists i have seen here i will definitely not be buying a season pass this time. You guys just scared me lol

Cyrax/Sektor/Cyber Sub were all base in MK9 yet were DLC in MKX. While I do believe NRS doesn't release the same characters for DLC multiple games in a row, I wouldn't put it past them to bring back MKX base roster characters as DLC here in MK11.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall my list:
KP2
  • Sheeva (Leak)
  • Ash (Leak)
  • Fujin (Leak)
  • ROB (I assume this is gunna be a code name akin to how Geras was "Terminas." Completely wild guess is Kung Jin as ROB could be ROBBER or something as Jin was a thief)
  • Havik
  • A horror guest like Myers, Pennywise, or Pinhead
KP3
  • Hotaru
  • A horror guest like Myers, Pennywise, or Pinhead
  • Takeda
  • Quan Chi
  • A sci-fi action move hero or villain guest
Honorable Mentions: Reiko, Sareena, Li Mei, Kintaro as they all either had notable roles in the comic or were present in MKX.

I do not see ANY of the following characters returning for various reasons:
  1. Mileena - Kitana covers this via Half Blood Stance. Tough luck, Mileena stans. We Jade stans had to live with it for all of MKX's life, yall gotta live with it for all of MK11's life.
  2. Human Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Reptile, Chameleon - Shang Tsung covers these via Shapeshifter's Training.
  3. Tanya, Tremor, Bo Rai Cho, Sektor, Cyrax, Robo Smoke, Kenshi - DLC in the previous games. NRS doesn't appear to like repeating DLC.
I highly doubt Shang and his Shapeshift/Morph abilities will be a factor for any of those characters not returning. Same goes for Mileena in regards to Kitana.
I am not optimistic that they will make a comeback in MK11 but it wont be cause of the reasons you stated.

Milena isn't happening for MK11.
Kitana having some of her moves was NRS way of saying no (similar to jade in mkx)
The fanbase continuing to harrass NRS about it only solidified that it's not happening.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
The only guest I want is Pinhead. Every other slot should go to a returning character

Like why the fuck is Reptile not in the game

Xelz

Go over there!
The fact that it's possible that "kore" characters such as Mileena, Reptile, Cyrax and Sektor won't be available in what NRS claimed would be the longest supported MK game speaks to how out of touch they are with their fan base.

When you play Tekken you can count on your main appearing in the next title if they're reasonably anchored in the series' history. Ditto with Street Fighter (despite the horrible launch roster few doubted that mainstay characters would make DLC). This musical chairs game of characters is partly why there's so much nostalgia for MK9 - the main gang was all there.