What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage 4 More Years of F3!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
:D It's been too long, man. It's good to be home.

Idk how I feel about EX Nut Punch being a launcher now, compared to the way it works armor-wise and as an opponent-momentum-killer in MK9.
Mr. Metroid is the one among others who instilled the belief in my brains that when it comes to Cage, the most important thing you can do is keep applying pressure and never let your opponent out of hand's reach, and having that tool to break through an opponent's flurry and put them in the optimal pressure position went a long way towards it.
But this is Johnny effing Cage we're talking about here. He'll compensate.
Well, I'm glad you're back! Which platform are you getting MKX on? I hope we can get some games in.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well, I'm glad you're back! Which platform are you getting MKX on? I hope we can get some games in.
PS4. I'm going to pick mine up as soon as my tax refund clears. I was really leaning towards the One for a while because holy shit Hisako in KI, but then they ruled on the tourney standards and I couldn't talk myself into taking the risk of spreading myself too thin between maxing out in MKX and playing 2 years worth of catch-up learning the metagame of KI...no matter how infatuating she might be or how much I already love Fulgore and robots and such.

The only thing I love more than the potential I see in this version of Cage is that, unlike the really late start I got off to in MK9 or the complete lack of boner I had for IGAU other than having something new to do at the time, I'm gonna be here from Day 1 learning everything I can and teaching all the new blood stuff and nut punching every helpless opponent that crosses my path, and I can FINALLY put years of grinding through the meat of fighting game knowledge to good use, and THAT is more exciting than anything. I'll always consider myself a Cyrax main, but playing Cage in MK9 and watching the Metroids and the Dizzys and the Claudes and the Foxys for years is what took me from "content with mediocrity" to "I want to be the very best that no one ever was" and grew me as a player. I'm not the best player on earth by any stretch, but I genuinely feel like I'm solid and knowledgable enough to call myself a veteran, and I feel like that confidence + the cockiest motherfucker ever to put on sunglasses could be the secret Krabby Patty formula that puts me on a higher tier come tournament time and over the course of MKX/the NRS scene's life.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Since I never really got into MK9's tournament scene, what was so good about F3 from Johnny?

Since I never really got into MK9's tournament scene, what was so good about F3 from Johnny?
It was like super f23, but you had to guess whether he would finish it or not so it lead to good chip. In conjunction with other normals it made johnny a pressure machine

This thread looks like it was supposed to be a "post here if you're maining Johnny Cage!" thread but it ended up becoming "Hey look, I have insider info on Johnny Cage!"

You really had me going there NRS. You had me believing Johnny wouldn't be playable when I saw Cassie's moveset (what with the green energy and the genitals based attacks and all). I moved on to thinking I'd be maining Ferra/Torr or Goro maybe even play Kung Lao (I was upset). Now he's confirmed though and I couldn't be happier. I'll still play Goro and the MK version of ice climbers but it's great to have my favorite MK character to main day 1.