What's new

4,2 Launcher

redeyes

Button Masher
i wanted to see how many Mileena players use this as a combo starter. i found myself straying away from it due to the fact that i would always drop the NJK to telekick. how often do you use it?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I used to use it in my BnB:

u4,u4,4,2 ball, b1,4 bite

But I now use:

u4,u4, b1,4,4 ball, b1,4 bite for more damage

So only useful for that little 4 before the ball but thats it.

redeyes

Button Masher
I used to use it in my BnB:

u4,u4,4,2 ball, b1,4 bite

But I now use:

u4,u4, b1,4,4 ball, b1,4 bite for more damage

So only useful for that little 4 before the ball but thats it.
ah i was talking JIP,4,2, Telekick, IAS, roll, NJK,telekick, IAS

video of it:

4,2 is a really good combo starter for 2 reasons.

1. Both hits hit mid level (cannot be ducked under), it's safe (might even be adv. on block), and knocks down on hit. Unlike F3, 1+2 which is unsafe and doesn't knock down.

2. You can still combo off of it AIR hit.

So if you have advantage, like after D4 hit or U4 blocked, you can throw this out so that even if they try to jump out you still get a juggle. Her other strings can't do this. (1,1, roll... 2,3, roll...) You might be able to use 3,4, into something on air hit as well... but overall it's not as good as 4,2 for starting combos.

I use 42 all the time.

42 Tele kick air Sai roll B14 Tele kick airsai/uppercut - 31%, easy to do.

I'm not sure how much you're getting with the jump kick.

I do different variations of it, and I use it often. I had trouble with timing the roll for a long time, but now I've perfected it.

I do:

42, Tele Kick, Air Sai, Roll, B14 -> Neckbite

and

42, Tele Kick, Air Sai, Roll, Jump Kick -> Tele Kick -> Air Sai

It's also great for a corner combo:

42, 42 -> Roll, Dash out, 4, Leaping neckbite (27%) - This is the one that Reo used a lot at EVO. I also found another good one:

42, 234, roll, dash out, 111, leaping neckbite (32%)

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I've taken to 4, 2, Teleport Drop, iAS, Roll, 4, 2, Teleport Drop I think it's 29% without a jP starter and the empty teleport kick at the end puts her right on top of the opponent. Also, no njK--> Tele if you wanted to try working this one in some.

I'd say either this or U4, U4, B1, 4, 4, Roll, B1, 4, Bite the most of all. You can also do one of the U4 combos right after the above combo and it will actually snuff out a few wake-ups.

just my thoughts on 4,2

after jump punch no reason to use 4-2 since u4,u4,b1,4,4,roll,b1,4,uppercut damages around 38% (sometimes 39% dunno why) and without the uppercut its 35% 9 hits

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
A 37% I do w her that no one does EVER

Jp u4 u4 4 tele Sai roll b1 4 f3 roll
which is one of her BEST non meter usage combo :S and i dont know why people dont use that....

ps: wuts up sexy ^_^...we dont see u anymore on MKU or wut? where's ur white ass man? we missed it!

Somberness

Lights
U4 can be poked out of.
It's not worth the attempt though... unless you have xray or are Kung Lao.

which is one of her BEST non meter usage combo :S and i dont know why people dont use that....

ps: wuts up sexy ^_^...we dont see u anymore on MKU or wut? where's ur white ass man? we missed it!
Eh, not really considering there are even easier 37% combos off of up4 and up to 39% if you want max damage. The combos nobody uses is off b14 which can get over 40%. She does not benefit from meter usage in combos unless you start with enhanced roll.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
I've taken to 4, 2, Teleport Drop, iAS, Roll, 4, 2, Teleport Drop I think it's 29% without a jP starter and the empty teleport kick at the end puts her right on top of the opponent.
I've been doing a variation of this: instead of ending the combo with 4,2 whiffed telekick, I like to end with 4,2 whiffed roll. This has a few extra benefits. It puts you behind your opponent (but still right next to him), reversing his inputs for wakeup attacks. If your opponent tech rolls, you will be right next to him; whereas a tech roll will put distance between you if you use the telekick, allowing the opponent to easily block, for example, b3>en roll.

Edit: the combo I've been using is: JPin>b1,4>4,2>roll>4,2>roll (whiff)

Edit 2: OK, so it appears that the specific combo you listed above also puts you just behind the opponent. The combo I was testing with whiffed telekick didn't. Either way works in different scenarios as far as that goes, I guess. Thing about tech rolling still seems to be true, though.