What's new

3d MK Characters im MKX (+ variation speculation)

since the other thread only covers mk4

there are 24 spots, we know 6 of which 2 are im mk 9 which also means mk 1-3 (except quan chi, kenshi, skarlett) and 4 are new. lets say we get 8 from mk9, 8 new and 8 from the 3d era.

my 8 picks are:

from mk 4: Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya, (Quan Chi if he handt been in mk9)

From MKDA: Bo Rai cho, Li Mei (Kenshi if he hadnt been in mk 9)

from MKD: tbh, i think shujinko could make the cut

Armageddon: Khameleon, Taven/Dagon? (havent played it)

no Variation speculation by me, but im excited to hear your thoughts

Last edited:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
From Armageddon i think it would make sense to only have Daegon if they keep the same story from before.

MK4: Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, and jarek if kano doesn't make it

If they added shujinko they need to do something with his character because he was super bland

From Armageddon i think it would make sense to only have Daegon if they keep the same story from before.

MK4: Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, and jarek if kano doesn't make it

If they added shujinko they need to do something with his character because he was super bland
shujinko surely needs a unique moveset. he would make sense in the absence of kang though

Big Frog

Noob
Bo Rai Cho would be crazy in MKX. Think about what they could do with his moveset, X-ray and fatalities. It would be a fartin' pukefest. Count me in.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Taven is in a rock and Daegon leads the Red Dragon and works with Shinnok. I can dig it.

Khameleon is from Trilogy.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
8 from MK9 :
1.Sub-Zero
2.Scorpion
3.Quan Chi
4.Raiden
5.Skarlet
6.Mileena
7.Reptile
8.Ermac (or Kenshi)

8 new chars :
1.Ferra/Torr
2.Kotal Kahn
3.Cassie Cage
4.D'Vorah
5.??
6.??
7.??
8.??

8 from MK 3d era:
1.Shinnok
2.Fujin
3.Tanya
4.Li Mei
5.Sareena
6.Havik
7.Khameleon
8.Reiko

DLC :
1.Old Johnny Cage
2.Sonya Blade
3.Fire God Liu Kang
4.some stupid guest character (as always !!)

xenogorgeous

Surprised that no one mentioned Frost. I think it's a big possibility!
indeed .... in the official pool she is one of the most wanted, right ? but I think only if she comes with her own move set, and not being a subby clone .... I mean, you all saw that NRS was able to differ Batman and Batgirl in IGAU, so .....

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
8 from MK9 :
1.Sub-Zero
2.Scorpion
3.Quan Chi
4.Raiden
5.Skarlet
6.Mileena
7.Reptile
8.Ermac (or Kenshi)

8 new chars :
1.Ferra/Torr
2.Kotal Kahn
3.Cassie Cage
4.D'Vorah
5.Kia
6.Jataaka
7.??
8.??

8 from MK 3d era:
1.Shinnok
2.Fujin
3.Tanya
4.Li Mei
5.Sareena
6.Havik
7.Khameleon
8.Reiko

DLC :
1.Old Johnny Cage
2.Sonya Blade
3.Fire God Liu Kang
4.Ryu Hayabusa

Your list is as good as mine, i like it ^^

xenogorgeous

Your list is as good as mine, i like it ^^
yep .... I have a crush for the MK ladies, rsrsrs .... I was cheering as hell for Skarlet to appear in MK9, following up every single clue or hint about her, and she ended being there, so, for this MKX, I hope that at least 2 or 3 females fighters from that list happen to make part of final roster .... anyway, from that deadly squad trio foxies from MK Mythologies Sub Zero (Sareena, Kia and Jataaka), maybe only Sareena has minor chances to be as character or some last minute dlc ..... I think she is perhaps more popular among MK fans than the those other two ....

Last edited:
on a side note, how do you think is the reveal frequency gonna be? if the game is released in April like the last 2, thats about 35 weeks. if its 18 more characters, they could give us 1 every 2 weeks. and is some Kind of Podcast gonna return?

xenogorgeous

on a side note, how do you think is the reveal frequency gonna be? if the game is released in April like the last 2, thats about 35 weeks. if its 18 more characters, they could give us 1 every 2 weeks. and is some Kind of Podcast gonna return?
speculation is that the game will come in June 2015 .... anway, since both MK9 and IGAU come out in the same month (April) and BEFORE Evo (hehe) so, maybe you are right ..... so, yeah, since they have to show us 18 chars, so, do the math and .... :D

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
Watch God Mode lui kang have a flight mode lol...don't forget super kaball, havik, chameleon def has to make the cut.NRS has a tough job at hand. I would also like to see a sheeva type of character but smaller in faster

Edit: Devorah

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Noob Saibot Variation creation (Fan made):

Universal moves: Ghost Ball, Shadow Upknee, Shadow Charge, Shadow Slide, DarkHole (From Above, Behind, In Front)

Variations:

Lord of Shadows (adds Darkloops and teleport Slam)
DarkLoops - In this mode, Noob can set up parallel portals in determinate parts of the screen (Wall to wall, ceiling to ground) and allow them to stay on for a while, and hitting opponents to travel trough it with his combos,

Lord of Darkness (adds Dark Aura and Darkness)
Dark Aura - Noob gets a flickery dark aura around his whole body temporary turning him invulnerable to any kind of projectile.
Darkness: Can set up shadows blur in determinated parts of the stage the stage allowing him move in between them.
Variation exclusivity: Shadow Charge gets an adicional variation, instead of takedown, the shadow grabs the opponent and throws him into noob granting a full juggle combo (UMK3).

As one (Adds Saibot strikes, Saibot shield, Saibot Grab)

Noob can now use saibot in strings
Saibot Shield - Noob can place saibot as a shield and avoid damage on his place
Saibot grab - Saibot comes from behind and grabs the opponent allowing a free combo
Variation exclusivity: Saibot Slide can attack from behind.

Noob Saibot Variation creation (Fan made):

Universal moves: Ghost Ball, Shadow Upknee, Shadow Charge, Shadow Slide, DarkHole (From Above, Behind, In Front)

Variations:

Lord of Shadows (adds Darkloops and teleport Slam)
DarkLoops - In this mode, Noob can set up parallel portals in determinate parts of the screen (Wall to wall, ceiling to ground) and allow them to stay on for a while, and hitting opponents to travel trough it with his combos,

Lord of Darkness (adds Dark Aura and Darkness)
Dark Aura - Noob gets a flickery dark aura around his whole body temporary turning him invulnerable to any kind of projectile.
Darkness: Can set up shadows blur in determinated parts of the stage the stage allowing him move in between them.
Variation exclusivity: Shadow Charge gets an adicional variation, instead of takedown, the shadow grabs the opponent and throws him into noob granting a full juggle combo (UMK3).

As one (Adds Saibot strikes, Saibot shield, Saibot Grab)

Noob can now use saibot in strings
Saibot Shield - Noob can place saibot as a shield and avoid damage on his place
Saibot grab - Saibot comes from behind and grabs the opponent allowing a free combo
Variation exclusivity: Saibot Slide can attack from behind.
sounds op as fuck but really cool, esp Variation 1

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I think if they put Reiko in, they should have him truly rep the brotherhood of shadows by giving him some of Noob Saibot's moves (Namely the teleport). That'd be dirty. His three variations could be:

Brutal Warrior (Shao Kahn Style - with club)
Balanced (Without club)
Shadow Brother (Teleport, added zoning tools)

He could have his spin teleport thing and his throwing stars as staple moves.

eolson3

Noob
Where are you getting the concrete numbers from?

It seems unlikely to me, that there would be 1/3 of the characters from the post MK3 era. Personally, I find a lot of these very forgettable, and would prefer to see more newbies (especially given how cool the four we have seen turned out). Anyway, didn't Boon say that there would be at least as many characters as MK9?

E