What's new

3d MK Characters im MKX (+ variation speculation)

SZSR

Noob
Hotaru:

Universal moves: Lava Burst, Grasshopper kicks

Variation 1: Firefly (More of a chipping away at you by little bits kind of fighter, kind of defensive, forcing whiffs and then punish.)
He gets his "Fury punch and escape" from Armageddon as an EX Move, just the regular Fury punch can be good damage but highly punishable on block.

Variation 2: Grasshopper (An evasive and quick more of the all-around version of Hotaru)
He can now do Grasshopper kicks from the air and can "jump" around his opponents using Quick Tricks from Armageddon.

Variation 3: Dragonfly (This is more of a zoning type of Hotaru but can be played aggressively, weaving in and out of the opponents' favorite spots)

Get's his Naginata weapon from the previous games, focus on long ranged pokes and zoning with lava burst and whiff punishing with grasshopper kicks.

Yeah, the bug schtick is kind of taken from D'Vorah already, but he was our first bug guy.

Last edited:

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
He already has a teleport move.
I was talking about the "Noob Saibot" one where he flies up and grabs them from below. He was introduced in MK4 as a replacement for Noob Saibot, in order to address complaints that there were too many ninjas in MK Trilogy. LBSH, Noob saibot was sucked into the soulnado. He might play completely different after that in the story, so it would make sense to have Reiko in this one is all I'm sayin'.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I want me some Drahmin. All these boring ass Fujin and Shinnok suggestions, and yet no one ever mentions the Oni tormentor. That, and Moloch can go suck his ball (see what I did there).

I would honestly remove the blackholes completely from the universals, with dark loop he doesn't need them at all.
maybe ghost ball should be in the "as one" Variation too which seems more rushdown oriented. let him Keep his up, run and slide shadows as basics

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Boraicho

Universal
Saki- Take a drink of saki, costs 1 bar of stamina, slows stamina regeneration, increases damage by 10%, can stack up to 3 times, increasing damage by 50% and completely stopping stamina regen.
Vomit- Removes the effect of Saki.
Drunken Tumble- A very fast parry, a different animation depending on if he parrys high, low, or air attack. Can only be used with 3 stacks of Saki.

Dragon style
Fireball- Liu Kang style fireball, can use in the air.
Flame Spit- Shoots a fireball out of his mouth at the ground, works like Zods eye lasers, you choose the location with an input.
One Inch Punch- A command grab where he does a one inch punch and knocks you full screen.

Shaolin style
Spin- Kung Lao spin, if he does it twice with in quick succession, it forces him to vomit.
Dive Kick- Floaty ass Kung Lao dive kick.
Chop- Overhead karate chop launcher.

Sumo
Belly Splash- Jumps fowards 1/4 screen with his belly out, during its active frames, his belly will deflect projectiles.
Belly Slide- Slides across the screen head first, knocks the opponent down.
Tremor- Sumo stomps the ground causing the screen the shack, hits low, knocks down. If done up close, it hits twice, the foot coming down is an overhead, then it causes the ground shake which is a low.

Boraicho

Universal
Saki- Take a drink of saki, costs 1 bar of stamina, slows stamina regeneration, increases damage by 10%, can stack up to 3 times, increasing damage by 50% and completely stopping stamina regen.
Vomit- Removes the effect of Saki.
Drunken Tumble- A very fast parry, a different animation depending on if he parrys high, low, or air attack. Can only be used with 3 stacks of Saki.

Dragon style
Fireball- Liu Kang style fireball, can use in the air.
Flame Spit- Shoots a fireball out of his mouth at the ground, works like Zods eye lasers, you choose the location with an input.
One Inch Punch- A command grab where he does a one inch punch and knocks you full screen.

Shaolin style
Spin- Kung Lao spin, if he does it twice with in quick succession, it forces him to vomit.
Dive Kick- Floaty ass Kung Lao dive kick.
Chop- Overhead karate chop launcher.

Sumo
Belly Splash- Jumps fowards 1/4 screen with his belly out, during its active frames, his belly will deflect projectiles.
Belly Slide- Slides across the screen head first, knocks the opponent down.
Tremor- Sumo stomps the ground causing the screen the shack, hits low, knocks down. If done up close, it hits twice, the foot coming down is an overhead, then it causes the ground shake which is a low.
ha i was just about to do this guy

BO:
a rushdown and frametrap oriented mode which adds staff attacks

DRUNKEN MASTER:
a mode where he can buff himself up by drinking and gain unique attacks

DISGUSTING:
Attacks utilize his body mass and farting. could have lots of armor.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I can't believe people are actually suggesting Shujinko. That character was too much fail.
eh I don't care if they redo him visually, change his name to something less lame and put a cherry on top of his nipples or whatever, I just think that his "gimmick" of being able to mimic other fighters' fighting styles meshes well with the variation system.

Could even do it like this :

Deception :
Gains 1 move from opponent's Variation style

Forgotten Souls :
Gains 2/3 iconic moves from characters that didn't make it in MKX (identify them in the screen)

And a third that isn't as lame as the other two.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
All I want is Reiko, Fujin, Havik and Bo'Rai'Cho. Shao Kahn 2.0, Raiden 2.0, pure badass and the Shaolin master, what more is there to ask for?

Oh, and Old Man Kenshi, of course.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
eh I don't care if they redo him visually, change his name to something less lame and put a cherry on top of his nipples or whatever, I just think that his "gimmick" of being able to mimic other fighters' fighting styles meshes well with the variation system.

Could even do it like this :

Deception :
Gains 1 move from opponent's Variation style

Forgotten Souls :
Gains 2/3 iconic moves from characters that didn't make it in MKX (identify them in the screen)

And a third that isn't as lame as the other two.
Well, assuming everything after MK9 happened the same way as it did in the original timeline, it could be. But it is no different from how Shang Tsung morphs or just like when Shinnok could change to any character moveset by pressing a combination of keys. So it is not really "his gimmick" (and was given by Onaga, anyway).

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
I want me some Drahmin. All these boring ass Fujin and Shinnok suggestions, and yet no one ever mentions the Oni tormentor. That, and Moloch can go suck his ball (see what I did there).
This is all I want in MKX. Shame there's about 3% chance of it happening.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
3D Specific characters I'd like to see:

1) Bo' Rai Cho
2) Havik
3) Frost
4) Sareena

MK4 characters I'd like to see:

1) Shinnok (MKA style)
2) Fujin
3) Tanya

Classic MK1-3 characters I'd like to see (other than Sub/Scorp):

3) Kitana
4) Shang Tsung
5) Reptile
6) Raiden
7) Ermac

If the initial roster is 24, then that leaves 10 spots for new characters and since NRS said that MKX will have MORE new characters of any MK game to date, this will only hold true if they have more than the ten in MKDA as listed below:

MK2 - 5 new characters (Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Baraka ... Shang and Reptile are in MK1 but not playable so not new ... unplayable Noob, Smoke, and Jade hidden characters not counted)
MK3 - 8 new characters (Sindel, Stryker, Cyber Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Kabal ... unplayable Motaro boss not counted)
UMK3 - 1 new character (Ermac ... unplayable Rain intro character not counted)
MK4 - 7 new characters (Kai, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Tanya, Fujin, Quan Chi)
MKDA - 10 new characters (Bo' Rai Cho, Li Mei, Kenshi, Mavado, Nitara, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Frost, Mokap, Blaze ... unplayable Moloch boss not counted)
MKD - 8 new characters (Havik, Shujinko, Hotaru, Ashrah, Dairou, Kobra, Darrius, Kira ... unplayable Onaga boss not counted)
MKA - 3 new characters (Taven, Daegon, Sareena)
MK9 - 2 new characters (Skarlet, Cyber Sub-Zero)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this means we will have more than TEN completely new characters.

3D Specific characters I'd like to see:

1) Bo' Rai Cho
2) Havik
3) Frost
4) Sareena

MK4 characters I'd like to see:

1) Shinnok (MKA style)
2) Fujin
3) Tanya

Classic MK1-3 characters I'd like to see (other than Sub/Scorp):

3) Kitana
4) Shang Tsung
5) Reptile
6) Raiden
7) Ermac

If the initial roster is 24, then that leaves 10 spots for new characters and since NRS said that MKX will have MORE new characters of any MK game to date, this will only hold true if they have more than the ten in MKDA as listed below:

MK2 - 5 new characters (Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Baraka ... Shang and Reptile are in MK1 but not playable so not new ... unplayable Noob, Smoke, and Jade hidden characters not counted)
MK3 - 8 new characters (Sindel, Stryker, Cyber Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Kabal ... unplayable Motaro boss not counted)
UMK3 - 1 new character (Ermac ... unplayable Rain intro character not counted)
MK4 - 7 new characters (Kai, Shinnok, Reiko, Jarek, Tanya, Fujin, Quan Chi)
MKDA - 10 new characters (Bo' Rai Cho, Li Mei, Kenshi, Mavado, Nitara, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Frost, Mokap, Blaze ... unplayable Moloch boss not counted)
MKD - 8 new characters (Havik, Shujinko, Hotaru, Ashrah, Dairou, Kobra, Darrius, Kira ... unplayable Onaga boss not counted)
MKA - 3 new characters (Taven, Daegon, Sareena)
MK9 - 2 new characters (Skarlet, Cyber Sub-Zero)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this means we will have more than TEN completely new characters.
i wouldnt rely on eds Statement about "most new characters", i dont believe he counted. still im sure its between 8-12