What's new

24 characters initially and the rest unlockables like Cyber SZ & Quan Chi?

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
To be honest i dont know, Dont know much about him, im playing of hunch because he fits NRS's style, i made a thread already saying why i think,,, even his look is Boss like towards all the other chars, in anyway i know thats not much to say, but we'll see,,,
What's with all the commas...?

To be honest i dont know, Dont know much about him, im playing of hunch because he fits NRS's style, i made a thread already saying why i think,,, even his look is Boss like towards all the other chars, in anyway i know thats not much to say, but we'll see,,,
I should also note that is as lex luther that was behind the whole thing with joker

nuke being planted at the center of Metropolis by Joker and Harley Quinn, with Luthor copping to masterminding the plan.
http://digital.atgamermagazine.com/article/Injustice:+Gods+Among+Us/1265842/138385/article.html

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I also agree that Ares has high boss potential, and at the same time I think that there won't be unplayable bosses. Could be unlockable, though.

Only reason I could see there being a "suprice boss event"
Is because after fighting for the same thing for 10 hours, it might get somewhat boring...

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I'm beginning to think this leaked select screen is an older build. Why else would such random characters be locked? Characters who have already been revealed, I might add. This may be a fairly current build, but it is certainly not the final one.

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
I'm beginning to think this leaked select screen is an older build. Why else would such random characters be locked? Characters who have already been revealed, I might add. This may be a fairly current build, but it is certainly not the final one.
Oh most definitely. Remember we first learned about most of these characters from magazine articles months back, it's likely that they were shown similar build of the game with characters not revealed yet. After all, journalists tend to get early access to this sort of thing.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Oh most definitely. Remember we first learned about most of these characters from magazine articles months back, it's likely that they were shown similar build of the game with characters not revealed yet. After all, journalists tend to get early access to this sort of thing.
Exactly. I wouldn't say the build being older is indicative of the roster being larger than 24, but it certainly dispels the notion that 24 is the final slot count.

I don't like all of this uncertainty with the roster count, to be honest. Of all the things I could have spoiled, I'd want to know just the final roster count. I want to know how many to expect so I don't overshoot the actual amount of playable characters.

Some of the greatest DC characters are still missing. So I hope for a lot of DLCs.

MMH, Powergirl, Captain Atom, Lobo, Supergirl and much more...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I said it before, but if there are 24 characters at launch that indicates to me that NRS is serious about balancing the game rather than cramming it full of characters. I would much, much rather have 24 characters in a decently-balanced roster then have 30 with 18 of those 30 being not viable or barely viable.

I applaud the way they're handling this, and I hope it makes for a game where you have a better chance of being successful at a decent level with whoever you choose to play.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I said it before, but if there are 24 characters at launch that indicates to me that NRS is serious about balancing the game rather than cramming it full of characters. I would much, much rather have 24 characters in a decently-balanced roster then have 30 with 18 of those 30 being not viable or barely viable.

I applaud the way they're handling this, and I hope it makes for a game where you have a better chance of being successful at a decent level with whoever you choose to play.
Who says they can't balance 30 characters? :confused:

Making a character takes about 6 weeks.
Balancing a character takes about 1 hour AND there is always a chance to correct balancing via patch.
I hope NRS can do 3 or 4 DLCs each containing 4 more characters and 1 more stage. Would be great.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Very difficult to do, unless the game is a sequel and you're porting the majority of frames/moves from the previous games (like Tekken).
if they can't balance 30, how is it a sure thing 24 will be perfectly fine? I mean, some of these characters would still clearly be fucked up.