What's new

2015 predictions. VOTE NOW!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Alright, I usually never open up like this, but this topic has made me fairly emotional. I would like to get this off my chest.

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me: 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. Over two decades later, I have never touched a single cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because I entered this topic and it gave me cancer anyway.
This post made this whole thread worth reading.

Before it was like 12 pages of youtube comments and then...this. Thank you lord RickyRaws.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
How's KI going
I main Maya and my secondary is sadira.

I love the game even though I lose to a lot of high level players that played this game longer then me.

Im Average but trying to improve my repotiore . Really haven't finish the dojo yet because im trying to get a feel of the game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I main Maya and my secondary is sadira.

I love the game even though I lose to a lot of high level players that played this game longer then me.

Im Average but trying to improve my repotiore . Really haven't finish the dojo yet because im trying to get a feel of the game.
Let me play your sadira

I'm learning too

I wouldn't say VSM's fallen apart like in a bad way, just that a lot of our mk9 players don't care for Injustice or don't play as much. There's no personal beefs between people from what I can tell. Maybe a couple people for dumb reasons that idk why, but I don't see why things won't be good for mkx
Can you help me since I have never been to the east coast. How far is VSM and the break? Is it feasible for a person to go to both weeklies if they lived in the area? Will their weeklies be on different days? How big will VSM and the Break be for MKX in your opinion?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Can you help me since I have never been to the east coast. How far is VSM and the break? Is it feasible for a person to go to both weeklies if they lived in the area? Will their weeklies be on different days? How big will VSM and the Break be for MKX in your opinion?
It's honestly not as feasible as people would assume. The Break is in like north-central NJ and VSM is in Long Island which is east of the city. I'm basically right in the middle of the two but it takes an hour minimum by car for me to get to either, and more than that if I'm taking the train. Then there's like $30 in tolls + hella traffic between NJ and LI too

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I wouldn't say VSM's fallen apart like in a bad way, just that a lot of our mk9 players don't care for Injustice or don't play as much. There's no personal beefs between people from what I can tell. Maybe a couple people for dumb reasons that idk why, but I don't see why things won't be good for mkx
I used to tune in to VSM a lot. Before Injustice , it was literally like you, Winter Warz and one other random person playing MK9 each week. Jr. and Maxter were playing at their place, REO was doing his own thing, and hardly anyone was showing up. It died long before IGAU every gained steam because although everyone was still playing, there wasn't any unity or One VSM feeling between the team.

That's one thing that's always been to GGA's credit -- despite people playing at whoever's houses, they come together to really train and play each other each week as a unified team and that's cool. EGP was also kind of like this when they were still having locals (albeit monthly) even pretty late into the game. I don't know if VSM's strongest players will be able to do that throughout MKX, but it'd be cool.

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I used to tune in to VSM a lot. Before Injustice , it was literally like you, Winter Warz and one other random person playing MK9 each week. Jr. and Maxter were playing at their place, REO was doing his own thing, and hardly anyone was showing up. It died long before IGAU every gained steam because although everyone was still playing, there wasn't any unity or One VSM feeling between the team.

That's one thing that's always been to GGA's credit -- despite people playing at whoever's houses, they come together to really train and play each other each week as a unified team and that's cool. EGP was also kind of like this when they were still having locals (albeit monthly) even pretty late into the game. I don't know if VSM's strongest players will be able to do that throughout MKX, but it'd be cool.
There was no break up though, the way the city is it's just an inconvenience. Like, I can't really blame someone like @CD jr for not traveling over an hour with tolls/train fare to play me and winter warz when he could play maxter and CD Sr at home. Our players just stretch from like central LI to north of the Bronx to central NJ, and it's a bitch to travel anywhere that's not right where you are. It's probably a big reason why the NJ players weren't as big into MK9 and the LI players aren't as big into Injustice when the main spot's so far away.

Unfortunately there's no great centralized point though, so idk what's going to happen. There's Next Level in the middle of all of us but then people outside the city don't want to travel in it lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
  1. Who will be the EVO 2015 Mortal Kombat X Champion?
    Sonic Fox
  2. Will Injustice make the main lineup for EVO 2015?
    No, but I feel it will get a side tourney.
  3. If so, who will be the EVO 2015 Injustice Champion?
    Sonic Fox
  4. Who will be the first to reach EVO top 8 in MK9, Injustice and MKX?
    DJT
  5. Which top player in either game that hasn't ever placed at EVO will finally do so in MKX?
    PimPimJim if he hasn't before. I get the feeling he'll find something big in this game. Versatile dude.
  6. Which MK9 player that hated Injustice will do the best in MKX?
    Is this question just to get folks to mention Perfect Legend or CD jr?
  7. Which MK9 player that hated Injustice will do the worst in MKX?
    Again...is this question just to get folks to mention Perfect Legend or CD jr? :D
  8. Which Injustice top player that wasn't top in MK9 will do the best?
    Revolver
  9. Which Injustice top player that wasn't top in MK9 will do the worst?
    Trepound
  10. Which mid level Injustice player will rise to the top?
    GRRR ( I wish)
  11. Will MKX have footsies?
    YES.
  12. Which scene will be the strongest?
    East Coast.
  13. Which player will have the longest character crisis?
    Perfect Legend or Pimpimjim. PL never found his mark in IGAU and Pimpimjim played so many its hard to name a main
  14. Will Pig and 16 Bit remain banned from tournaments?
    No. They bring in attendees and that grows viewers online and the scene where ever they go.
  15. What will be 2015's biggest rivalry?
    Reo vs CD JR just because

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There was no break up though, the way the city is it's just an inconvenience. Like, I can't really blame someone like @CD jr for not traveling over an hour with tolls/train fare to play me and winter warz when he could play maxter and CD Sr at home.
I mean, this is what teams are for. An hour once a week isn't that bad at all.

Most of us who played on rec/sports teams had to make that trek more than once a week.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I mean, this is what teams are for. An hour once a week isn't that bad at all.

Most of us who played on rec/sports teams had to make that trek more than once a week.
When I go to the break it takes me 2 hours minimum, and more on the way back due to late night train schedules, bringing me home at 3-4AM. VSM is slightly faster for me, probably about an hour and a half to get there, then at least 2 hours back because of the subway, putting me home at 2AM if I'm there for a reasonable amount of time. It's also ~$25-$30 added to my weekly budget. If I can get a ride it reduces that a little bit, but will usually get dropped off at a subway stop so the driver doesn't have to travel all around the city, and it can be about another hour to get home from there anyway.

So, no, especially when I have to get up in the morning it's not reasonable for me to go every week. I could only do it for VSM because I didn't have Friday morning classes, and even then I couldn't stay till the end or I'd get home at like 5 lol