What's new

2014 IGAU RANKING SYSTEM USED FOR NEC 2014

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Good Morning TYM,

Here is the current ranking system I made and Kombat Network is using to seed for NEC 2014, all players who pre-reg'd will be seeded accordingly. Discuss.

Here is your Top 16 seeds for NEC this week! This is based on pre-reg only!

1. @SonicFox5000
2. @FOREVER KING
3. @EMPEROR_JUPITER
4. @Perfect Legend
5. @KDZ
6. Tyrant
7. @Noobe
8. Rico Suave
9. @DarthArma
10. @rev0lver
11. @Biohazard
12. P2W
13. @Captain Oxygen
14. @gross
15. @Relaxedstate
16. Slayer

Full link the excel sheet: Let me know if you catch any errors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10ew8aCSqyEnh8HVKAGXmpdREea3rRTu_C-gp6sAinFQ/edit?pli=1#gid=859460205

@RM GamerBlake

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think if smaller tournaments like Civil War and Texas Showdown are going to be considered then tournaments like West Coast Warzone should as well. That's my example because it would effect Tyrant and Slayer's ranking. Texas Showdown in particular stands out.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I know it can be a hassle to weigh tournaments and all that and there will always be people claiming their tournament was better or whatever, but it's better to do so than not. So why not use the srk rankings? I don't think many people would have an issue with that

RapZiLLa54

No, I didn't "weigh" the tournaments which is pretty obvious.

Also, no offense but if you're not coming to NEC what does it matter? This isn't some grand world ranking system that is gospel, it is a guideline to seed the current tournament closing out the 2014 year.

I guess it wouldn't be TYM if there wasn't bitching for the sake of bitching.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It's not bitching for the sake of bitching it's that objectively, the world championships mean more and are harder to place in than small regionals, and players should be rewarded for that. And regardless, wcw should be included since players going to nec placed there

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know it can be a hassle to weigh tournaments and all that and there will always be people claiming their tournament was better or whatever, but it's better to do so than not. So why not use the srk rankings? I don't think many people would have an issue with that
I would ;)

RapZiLLa54

I mean you tagged me in the thread and asked for discussion.
I wasn't referring to you, you actually provided legit feedback to help better the system I had worked on which I'm going to look into.

Not oh lol, should have used this, hahahaha, enter trolling phrases, etc ,etc.
---

Also everyone should take into account, if you didn't pre-reg you shouldn't take your "rank" to heart, this wasn't meant to be that.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wasn't referring to you, you actually provided legit feedback to help better the system I had worked on which I'm going to look into.

Not oh lol, should have used this, hahahaha, enter trolling phrases, etc ,etc.
---

Also everyone should take into account, if you didn't pre-reg you shouldn't take your "rank" to heart, this wasn't meant to be that.
The butthurt is real. Why would you seed someone not playing? Djokovic isn't seeded 1 at a tournament he's not going to.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You're actually one of the top16 ranked dudes so you do actually. Check the OP, does the Top 8 from Apex include any of those guys?
Yeah, it has me sonic Jupiter Rico Reo arma and kdz, idk how much it would change things though