What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

exyle

Noob
Costa rica played 5-4-1 formation. They stayed in their half of the field the whole game. What a joke.
Krul's saves were sick though. Well done.

Also, that one time (3 feet from goal) where Van Persie couldn't decide whether to use his head or foot, and missed the ball completely. LOL. That should've been an easy goal.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That Krul sub was a masterstroke. Van Gaal is fucking brilliant.
It's definitely an overlooked tactic, I remember Leicester did it against Palace in the 1996 promotion play off finals.

....didn't matter either way since they scored like 10 seconds before to final whistle going on to penalties :(

Flagg

Noob
Been a fantastic world cup, just need Argentina to thrash the cheating and diving Netherlands.

Cannot bare Roben and the sooner I see him blubbering and announcing his retirement the better. RVP is a dirty player as well.

Haze

Noob
Been a fantastic world cup, just need Argentina to thrash the cheating and diving Netherlands.

Cannot bare Roben and the sooner I see him blubbering and announcing his retirement the better. RVP is a dirty player as well.
cheating lol what youve bin smoking?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

If you don't like diving then you should hate every team since pretty much every team has done it.

I wouldnt say Van Persie is dirty but he sure has played horrible so far.

Flagg

Noob
If you don't like diving then you should hate every team since pretty much every team has done it.

I wouldnt say Van Persie is dirty but he sure has played horrible so far.
I'm sure you don't follow European football because if you did you'd know that Robben has had a long and chequrered reputation and career for diving and cheating.

Zoidberg747

I'm sure you don't follow European football because if you did you'd know that Robben has had a long and chequrered reputation and career for diving and cheating.
Can you explain what you mean by "cheating"?

And I am well aware of Robben's reputation, just pointing out that many players in this world cup are just as bad.

Flagg

Noob
Can you explain what you mean by "cheating"?

And I am well aware of Robben's reputation, just pointing out that many players in this world cup are just as bad.
Robben is a serial cheater. Diving to win penalties and freekicks. He even admitted in a previous World Cup game that he dived. That is an omission of cheating. Players like him should be booked.

Diving is minimal risk for maximum reward.

I don't like Suarez either if its any consolation.

Zoidberg747

Robben is a serial cheater. Diving to win penalties and freekicks. He even admitted in a previous World Cup game that he dived. That is an omission of cheating. Players like him should be booked.

Diving is minimal risk for maximum reward.

I don't like Suarez either if its any consolation.
Again though, if you've been watching there are a very large majority of players in the world cup who do this. It also happens in basketball if you happen to watch that. I just don't get hating one player for flopping when it is something that seems to be so ingrained in the sport.

Suarez is a different story altogether lol.

STRYKIE

OP updated.

Okay, this is the last one i promisse, someone twitt this to noobde lol

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=545154455585724&id=100002735240515
I was totally thinking about making that Sagat one if I wasn't so hopeless at making GIFs lol

Also, I'd like everyone to check this out:
http://www.sickchirpse.com/world-cup-players-then-now/

Yes, the USA captain, Clint Dempsey is on the next page, and is probably the biggest jaw-dropper of all of them if you hadn't known about him before he started playing in the EPL.

STRYKIE

Lmao, terrible marking by Brazil.

Is this gonna be another Roberto Carlos/Henry situation and it turns out that David Luiz was perming his hair on that break? :DOGE