What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I saw the incident with the Russian keeper live, if it bothered him that much I'm sure he would've called for the ref to contact to stewards and eject the guy with the laser from the stadium. Didn't really affect his decision leading to the goal.

I looked back at the first page and you didn't post your predictions for Group H, your predictions are null and void :REO

By the way, the 1982 incident wasn't so much Germany vs Algeria directly, Algeria actually won the match, but in the last game, Austria and Germany agreed to have the Germans win 1-0 on purpose so that both would advance to the next round, and Algeria was eliminated on goal difference.

On a political level, it would basically be like if USA and Alaska had separate national teams and played each other in a major tournament. Lol.

@JAP - Germany are definitely one of the strongest national teams in Europe, if not THE strongest, but they also have a bad habit of losing to average teams every so often, and considering the history with Algeria, I also have a feeling that there could be an upset.

grrrr dam i did forget H but I did have Belgium and Korea (where I was wrong) before hand

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Very debatable call on that handball, I think the slightly guilty look on Hulk's face blew it for them lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm not liking that Chile is playing turtle, they wont survive extra time or pênaltis, they need to score and win.

Brasil is neymar dependant, is the only broken tool they have because his run cover too much range in less frames than everyone else, someone risks a yellow card.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Brazil confirmed frauds.
I'll keep quoting this even if we lose. :DOGE It's just too fun. Haha

But I gotta say our team played POORLY. Damn, there can't be room for so many mistakes. It's a World Cup FFS.

Julio César is our savior right now. He still did his job fantastically when the others kept missing their pks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
brasil vs Chile in a nutshell

Today's game was like an MK9 match but with a scrub advantage, everyone had unlimited meter, so once in every moon someone stealed a ball to start a counter, the player who lose the ball commited a fault to break out of the counter. This IMO was a get out of jail free card, MR. Howard should give some well earned yellow cards there, to even out the foul breakers that didn't require any meter at all. I know the referee let it roll due free mobility but seriously, this was killing the hype of the game.

I took clearly shots of intentional fouls and none of those were accidental for sure
Reminds me of E.Honda Charge D, U move

Just check where the ball is, and see where he is kicking

Twice in a row and no penality was given

Sub-Zero was in the game and no one did noticed (Ex Slide)

Chile got a draw, and then started to play turtle i dunno what they were thinking, but should bet more on the offense and win the game, the had power to do it, whe that tall guy came to erase the height advantage brasil was getting yet, they decided to go turtle and even it out until the penalties, which of course i predit they would do bad there, and they did, VERY BAD.

In the penalty the game changes to Back to Block mechanics, all that matters now is perform very ambigous crossups (penalties) to force the opponent guess wrong on which way to block.

Chile not only did perform bad crossups, they also completely missed the goal keeper's hurtbox and lost.

oh well, as @General M2Dave said: "Brasil, confirmed frauds".

Hoping they find Netherlands or Germany soon enough to keep them home