What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

Ochoa was a MONSTER. I was rooting hard for Mexico, too bad none of those 3736252820 shots went in.

Brazil's offense relied way too much on what Neymar and/or the referees could do. Fred was a statue, no offensive midfielders worth mentioning. Their defense is good, but that alone will not be enough. I can't believe Felipao has people like Fernandinho sitting on the bench for 90 minutes.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They're definitely going in to second round, but it'll be against Netherlands. So yeah we're fucked.
For what it's worth, the Netherlands were in roasting hot form during Euro 2008, making light work of Italy and France, but were then eliminated by Russia, and Mexico cannot meet Argentina either way until the semi finals according to the bracketology. You never know.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
World Cup 2014 Post First Round Tier List

S+ (Kabal tier) Germany, Netherlands

S (Aquaman tier) Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Italy, Mexico

A (Deathstroke tier) Ivory Coast, Iran, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, United States

B (Catwoman tier) Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Ghana, Ecuador, England, Japan, Nigeria, Portugal

C (Kano tier) Australia, Cameroon, Greece, Honduras, Spain, Uruguay

Invincibeast

Stay Free

S (Aquaman tier) Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Italy, Mexico

A (Deathstroke tier) Ivory Coast, Iran, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, United States

B (Catwoman tier) Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Ghana, Ecuador, England, Japan, Nigeria, Portugal

As actual results go I fully agree.
Further on in the tournament though a lot of the S tier will drop to A, and a few B will go up to A. Spain may make it out of C to B tier.
Good list.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

This is way too fair and uncontroversial to be a real M2Dave World Cup tier list.

All joking aside, I will be adding group standings to the OP when I get on my laptop, I suppose I can throw this in there too lol.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I feel for the Russian gk. You just know he will be anal raped by Vladimir Putin when he returns home.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This is way too fair and uncontroversial to be a real M2Dave World Cup tier list.
I believe Brazil is overrated, but am I honestly the only one?

They should have had two tied games, but FIFA probably paid the Japanese referee to bail them out at home.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Today's games are pretty difficult to predict IMO, but I'll go with:

Belgium 3-1 Algeria
Brazil 2-2 Mexico
Russia 1-1 South Korea
Damn! You predict the results, even the Rus-Kor scores, I would never have thought Mex will get a draw from Bra.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I believe Brazil is overrated, but am I honestly the only one?

They should have had two tied games, but FIFA probably paid the Japanese referee to bail them out at home.
It is very sad that the world cup is in their home this year and they have the worst team in like at least two decades :(.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Predictions for tomorrow:
Cameroon - Croatia: 1-2
Spain - Chile: 2-2
Australia - Netherlands: 0-3