What's new

2011 Winter MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Please congratulate Kensidj for winning the tournament!

Tournament run dates: 1/23 - 2/5

This is a Kaillera/PS3 tournament; however Kaillera is the primary playing format. Explanation:
  • If both users use MAME/Kaillera, the match will be played via Kaillera.
  • If both users have a PS3, the match may be played on either Kaillera or PS3.
  • If one user has Kaillera and the other only has a PS3, the match MUST be played via Kaillera. This means the PS3 user will need to download the Kaillera software and use it for the match-up.
If you do not have Kaillera installed on your computer and/or need assistance with getting it setup, please see this link for detailed instructions:
http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=1046.0

RULES
  • All matches are best of 9 (first to 5.) You do not need to play all 9 games if one player has already accumulated 5 wins.
  • All matches are random select.
  • Deadlines will be posted once brackets are announced. All matches must be completed and scores/results must be posted by 11:59PM EST of the deadline. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS. PERIOD. Unless of course a player is intentionally ducking you, in which case only that person is DQ'd.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else.
  • If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • You will have up to the 3rd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent other wise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you automatically forfeit the match. Not the game, the entire match.
  • If you have been previously banned from CMK, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • Failure to meet match deadlines, failing to post score results of a match, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. CMK staff also reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If a person is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, then the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. If a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie then the winner will get to pick.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=385432

SIGNUPS
1. ScheissNussen
2. DCIguy
3. btbb99
4. Davey_8000
5. gematria
6. X820
7. GoldenOreos
8. Rain.Dog505
9. Dancock (SINH3LL on PS3)
10. pmf026
11. Dookiebrain
12. Comon2680
13. Iceytruth (dropped)
14. Dreamcatcher
15. Kensidj
16. OJuggernaut0

RESERVES
1. john2kx - ACTIVE
2. Paul_G
3. Epic Sax Guy

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
2011 Winter MK2 Tournament

updated roster and rules. Also, I'm entering too of course :p

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Posted about this on TYM's front page.

Hopefully it gets you guys some well-deserved attention.

Count me in. I haven't played MK2 in months though so expect rustiness. Anyone want to retrain me?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

STORMS said:
Posted about this on TYM's front page.

Hopefully it gets you guys some well-deserved attention.
Forgive me, but what is TYM?

edit: NM. The power of Google searching gave me the answer :) Thank you very much for the advertising!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Just did some mass advertising on PSN. Spread the word around if you would, please!

I would not bet on myself considering the talent that has signed up this far, but this tournament gives me an even better excuse to work on my MK2 game.

Count me in.

pmf026

Noob

sign me up. pmf026 / msn: root_at_int13_dot_ru, icq: 528-52-103

kaillera / p2p-feb / p2p-nov / mame32k 0.64 / mame++ 0.119 09.14

Moscow time is: GMT+3 hours .. what time this tournament begin? so I can prepare myself and be there in time)
help..

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

We are going by Eastern Standard Time, or GMT-5

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Wow, 12 signups in less than a day. If there is enough interest, I will expand the tournament to include more players.

X820

Noob

dookiebrain said:
maybe myself and Scheisse and x820 can finally play with no lag bullshit.
Taken from another thread..

ScheissNussen said:
Do everything that you should be doing to get a solid connection, stable OS, wired connection, no programs running (including background programs!), fuckin virus scanners, messenger clients, youtube, google searches for trivia questions, etc.
X820 said:
In order for P2p to work well it needs optimum conditions to run a game like UMK3 well.

- Clean and dedicated PC
- Dedicated connection
- Somewhat High speed internet
If you work this out beforehand, you should be good to go man.

X820 said:
Taken from another thread..

If you work this out beforehand, you should be good to go man.
Thanks man, will do. oh yeah, this may be an issue because i built a drive specifically just for mame, no programs or anything running or installed. i even close my explorer background so i dont even have that process running. i switched my nic to 100full as well.

i have both .117 and .119 i think they are? i havent had any lag issues recently. i think the main issue is when my roomate is playing his ps3. each time we lagged was because of that. ill tell him to take a hike or read a book or something, ill have it straightened out.

thanks.

do you guys have your NIC's set to auto or 100mb full?

Status
Not open for further replies.