What's new

$20,000 POT BONUS FROM WB FOR MK9 TOP at EVO 2012!!

Huh? EVO Top 8 order last year at least was determined by attendance. And MK was third in attendance and was third to last shown. I fail to see how that was taking a back seat. And a good bit of pools was shown on the secondary stream as well.

This is MK NOT taking a back seat, since the pot bonus will probably put it ahead of SCV and maybe KOF and SFxT
I'm not talking about last year's Evo, I'm just commenting on how everytime Spooky streams MK9 action at tournaments, it seems like it always have to play a hell of a lot earlier in the morning.

Ironically a hotfix will cost more than the 20k pot bonus. Certification is rumored to be 40k~ each for sony and ms. That isn't including dev time to create said patches.

Ironically a hotfix will cost more than the 20k pot bonus. Certification is rumored to be 40k~ each for sony and ms. That isn't including dev time to create said patches.
I think you're confusing Hotfixes and Patches. Patches cost money to produce and get loaded onto XBox and PS3. So NRS designed MK with a workaround in mind - it allows for them to update the game without doing formal patches - the hotfixes.

There's a limit to how much they can do with hotfixes obviously, as they have "patched" the game formally. But still, they CAN do it.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. This is very likely the final version of the game.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
See guys, we can have eSports and Evo. I was really worried that people would start shifting their plans to MLG Anaheim instead of Evo..... I don't think that's happening anymore. Good shit WB/NRS.

Can someone please explain to me what EVO is? I know it's a tournament, but can anyone just sign up or do you have to win other tournaments to get in?
Evo is considered the World Championships for Fighting Games, or at least the biggest tournament of the year, held every year now in Vegas. It's an open tournament - anyone can sign up - BUT it only allows you to sign up in advance.....there is NO at-the-door registration.

Last year's tourney had 500 people, the largest MK Tournament to this day. This year, a better bet was probably 250 before the pot bonus is announced. Either way, it's a huge huge deal