What's new

Tech 2 meter 100 percent reset using BGB

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thats essentially what im doing. the problem with wakeups you have with corpse hop is also present here but worse.
I was trying to solve the 50/50 problem. About the wake up problem… invincible wake ups are always going to beat out oki setups unless you can reverse their inputs. This setup can reverse their inputs since you are jumping over them and not set in a stationary neutral jump. If done right, it's very ambiguous. You can also jump over and block their wakeup if you want to try to bait it out safely.

Try this WC MB > whiffed F3 > slight pause > ji1

Slight movement forward before the jump in also helps.

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
I was trying to solve the 50/50 problem. About the wake up problem… invincible wake ups are always going to beat out oki setups unless you can reverse their inputs. This setup can reverse their inputs since you are jumping over them and not set in a stationary neutral jump. If done right, it's very ambiguous. You can also jump over and block their wakeup if you want to try to bait it out safely.

Try this WC MB > whiffed F3 > slight pause > ji1

Slight movement forward before the jump in also helps.
Corpse hop also reverses wakeups if you decide to :p

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Corpse hop also reverses wakeups if you decide to :p
It doesn't actually reverse their wakeup. They are just guessing wrong. A lot of the corpse hop setups in this game have the same problem. They always cross up unless you are playing against a tall character or you do something else to give it away that it's not gonna cross up.

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
It doesn't actually reverse their wakeup. They are just guessing wrong. A lot of the corpse hop setups in this game have the same problem. They always cross up unless you are playing against a tall character or you do something else to give it away that it's not gonna cross up.
You can consistently decide what side to land on with corpse hop. it definitely does reverse wakeups. are you a grundy main?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You can consistently decide what side to land on with corpse hop. it definitely does reverse wakeups. are you a grundy main?
I'm not a Grundy main but I do play him occasionally and have been trying to learn him. I feel like we are getting into semantics but for the record, if I know what side you are on when you neutral jump I can always get my desired wakeup. So it is not reversing wakeups. The ji1 setup technically doesn't reverse wake ups either, it just makes the guess harder, and they are more likely to guess the wrong direction and get an undesired wakeup when you are crossing over them in the air. Reversing a wakeup means you do the wakeup input forward, but the move comes out the other direction. Only a few characters can actually do that midscreen.

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
I'm not a Grundy main but I do play him occasionally and have been trying to learn him. I feel like we are getting into semantics but for the record, if I know what side you are on when you neutral jump I can always get my desired wakeup. So it is not reversing wakeups. The ji1 setup technically doesn't reverse wake ups either, it just makes the guess harder, and they are more likely to guess the wrong direction and get an undesired wakeup when you are crossing over them in the air. Reversing a wakeup means you do the wakeup input forward, but the move comes out the other direction. Only a few characters can actually do that midscreen.
I still don't see how this is better than corpse hop, but we should just agree to disagree.