What's new

1st Post MKXL Balance Patch?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
It sounds like NRS is nerfing almost everything that was + on block (except jip of course). Quan's rune, Lao's orbiting hat, Erron's Sand Grenade... So why is it that chars like DF Liu, A-List Johnny, and D'Vorah get to keep their + frames? Yes their execution is harder, but at the same time, thats all meterless. In fact, D'Vorah can do f112WGRC f112WGRC f112EXOVI and have a net gain of meter. Quan, Lao, and Erron all had to spend meter, but now that's basically worthless. All I wanna say is if your gonna take away some of the best tools of my character, at least be consistent and don't let other characters keep the same tools.
Why do you think that NRS wants to nerf everything that's plus?

The 3 characters you listed as nerfed are just the exception, there is a much longer list of characters who are still very plus in the beta without using cancels: Shinnok, Kano, Kotal, Takeda, Jax, Raiden, Goro, Reptile, Mileena and probably others too.

Also, Tempest is still +7 (nobody can argue that's heavy advantage on block) and Quan Chi with a delayed rune still gets the full +14. The only one whose block advantage was truly destroyed is Erron lol

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
my opinion is that he did not get nerfed.He just builds less meter,so what?
I'm fine with the nerfs they gave him, but his f213 fbrc is +10 instead of +14 now.I'm fine with it, but damnit, they keep nerfing him in every single patch lol.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
He hasnt been hit that hard so far. just made him honest vs characters without an 8f poke, before he was total utter cheese.
Yeah, but every patch I've seen he gets nerfs lol.

Edit: I'm completely fine with liu's nerfs, i completely agree.But people are STILL saying he needs nerfs...

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I think making Block breakers 1 bar is a good start
I don't understand this. Why? Being able to prevent 30%+ damage for two bars is too expensive? Even conservatively, Breaker should prevent 15% or so. If Breaker only cost 1 bar, you would be dumb to use it for anything else unless you actually have lethal. It would effectively be the end of EX moves and X-Ray except as lethal.

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
I don't understand this. Why? Being able to prevent 30%+ damage for two bars is too expensive? Even conservatively, Breaker should prevent 15% or so. If Breaker only cost 1 bar, you would be dumb to use it for anything else unless you actually have lethal. It would effectively be the end of EX moves and X-Ray except as lethal.
He said block breakers, not regular breakers. As of now, block breakers are ultra situational at best (can't think of any situation to use it aside from preventing round ending chip). 2 bars just seems like a lot to give up to get out of blockstring pressure, especially in the current build where only the player who used the breaker loses stamina, so the other player can just run back in and continue pressure. Someone eise mentioned keeping block breakers at 2 bars but allowing you to retain stamina, which also might be an interesting solution.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Im talking of Balanced if you do 1 wrong thing he might become braindead mk9 all over again, and believe me thats something none would like in the long run.
All the buffs I mentioned for balanced Pig of the Hut agrees with. You can't make this Kenshi like mk9 because teleflurry is not a mid, he has no overhead, amd his db4 is negative on hit. His j1 can be armored through on block, and as I mentioned more than half the cast can punish max range spirit charge and a ducked teleflurry.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
He said block breakers, not regular breakers. As of now, block breakers are ultra situational at best (can't think of any situation to use it aside from preventing round ending chip). 2 bars just seems like a lot to give up to get out of blockstring pressure, especially in the current build where only the player who used the breaker loses stamina, so the other player can just run back in and continue pressure. Someone eise mentioned keeping block breakers at 2 bars but allowing you to retain stamina, which also might be an interesting solution.
It's allows you to avoid mixups for many characters. I could see reducing block breaker specifically to 1.5 bars and only 1 bar of stamina or something like that. That would be fine in my opinion.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah, but every patch I've seen he gets nerfs lol.

Edit: I'm completely fine with liu's nerfs, i completely agree.But people are STILL saying he needs nerfs...
Ive not played the beta. His mb dragon kick was so stupid before, not sure ho he plays now.

All the buffs I mentioned for balanced Pig of the Hut agrees with. You can't make this Kenshi like mk9 because teleflurry is not a mid, he has no overhead, amd his db4 is negative on hit. His j1 can be armored through on block, and as I mentioned more than half the cast can punish max range spirit charge and a ducked teleflurry.
He is fine man if you have fought vs Kenshi in mk9, believe me hes just fine

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
It's allows you to avoid mixups for many characters. I could see reducing block breaker specifically to 1.5 bars and only 1 bar of stamina or something like that. That would be fine in my opinion.
Fair point, but if it's two bars and they get hit by a mixup, it still costs the same to do a regular breaker anyway, certainly if it was made to be more available it would be stronger against certain characters and it would also be stronger in the hands of other characters, so there would need to be careful consideration on how they change it. But I think it should be less than a regular breaker, whether that means retaining stamina, or costing less meter.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It sounds like NRS is nerfing almost everything that was + on block (except jip of course). Quan's rune, Lao's orbiting hat, Erron's Sand Grenade... So why is it that chars like DF Liu, A-List Johnny, and D'Vorah get to keep their + frames? Yes their execution is harder, but at the same time, thats all meterless. In fact, D'Vorah can do f112WGRC f112WGRC f112EXOVI and have a net gain of meter. Quan, Lao, and Erron all had to spend meter, but now that's basically worthless. All I wanna say is if your gonna take away some of the best tools of my character, at least be consistent and don't let other characters keep the same tools.
Dvorah can't do 112,wgc,112,wgc,112,ovi doesn't work anymore without Leaving a gap to armor out. 112,wgc,2 or d4 are the only true blockstrings she has.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
If ive already got you in the pressure i've already taken a risk, if your blocking right you'll eat chip.
While I agree with basically everything you said, you're downplaying Cage a lot. F3 jails into this crazy pressure, advances a good distance, is mid and is safe on whiff. Doesn't sound very risky to me.

Quan Chi with a delayed rune still gets the full +14.
No he doesn't, he can only get around +7 now with a fully delayed MbRune, which can be option selected and punished every time with meter and maybe even a fast normal.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he should still be top 4 or 5 IF f213 fbrc still jails.
It does still jail.