What's new

13 of 24 confirmed (not including DLC)...so who's next?

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
With those officially announced, all I need is Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Erron Black and I'll be happy. Throw Liu Kang in and I'll be ecstatic.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey i see this Twitter man, @jamessmk, he say a lot of things

He say Fujin, Bo Rai Cho ,Tanya, Cyrax, Sektor, Sarrena, Li Mei, Smoke, Rain not playable.
Liu Kang, Shinnok, Sonya, Kenshi, Takeda, Millena playable.
Sounds very plausible. If true I will be ecstatic. I think Sektor will make it somehow but other than that I agree with everything he listed. I really hope all those people are unplayable. Especially Fujin, Li Mei, and BoCho.

But at the same time, it could be educated guessing. I would also pick all of those characters to be playable. The only "kind of" risk is both Kenshi and Takeda since it could be a legacy replacement or it could be both with Takeda having different moves since Scorpion had him.

All and all, very "safe" calls for playable and unplayable characters for the most part with a couple of exceptions. I kind of believe it, but at the same time if I saw something more bold like "Shang Tsung is or isn't playable" I'd believe in the call a little more.

Amazon

Noob
I am crossing fingers and toes that Shang Tsung, Shinnok and Sindel are in!

I have to have my hair whipping out world queen!

Bumping this because i'm bored and we've got new info, roster as it stands-

100% confirmed playable
1. Scorpion
2. Sub
3. Raiden
4. Kano
5. Quan
6. Kung Lao
7. Kitana
8. Reptile
9. Ermac
10. Ferra
11. D'vorah
12. Kotal
13. Cassie
14. Goro

Confirmed from story trailer + gameplay
15. Takeda
16. Jacqui
17. Kung Jin

Confirmed from story trailer, no gameplay, but likely playable-

18. Mileena - hard to imagine her not playable at this point. I'd say 99% chance. Salt would be AMAZING if she wasn't.

19. Erron Black - I'd say 80% chance of playable if he's not somehow secretly some other character or something weird like that(doubtful).

Confirmed from trailer, could possibly not be playable

20. Sindel - Seems to be a quan zombie. Likely DLC

21. Shinnok - It's possible, but unlikely he's not playable. He got a remake in his design, which bodes well, but our only showing of him is a cinematic of him getting sucked into the amulet.

22. Baraka- on the one hand, it looks like they didn't update his model(hard to tell from the one boat scene), which doesn't bode well. on the other, someone else somewhere(can't find it now) spoiled the final roster, and included Baraka as one of the playable characters, so it's hard to say thats total coincidence. Either way if he's not in he seems like an easy candidate for DLC

23. Rain- Same deal as baraka minus someone spoiling him as playable. Od model + people like james saying he's not playable leads me to believe that if anything he's DLC.

Other possibles from various sources-
24. Sonya (tower + guild trailer)

25. Jax (tower + voice actor)

26. Johnny cage(comic+story trailer)

27. Kenshi(various rumors+Takeda's father)

Other unrelated thing: so...did the MK mythologies story happen, and is that the amulet from there? And if so is this now the same sub zero who originally trapped Shinnok? Seems mildly important?

Edit- I knew I was missing someone tier:
28. Liu kang- was on the tower maybe(might be takeda) + kinda important normally for the MK series(although the story trailer seems to make him less likely, at least as a main character)

29. Shang tsung- no Liu doesn't help this, and he has trouble fitting in with the conflict in the trailer. Only mentioning because of the gamestop commercial.

30/31. Robots- No signs of them, nothing to make them more likely.

32. Kabal- ditto.

33. Reiko- he's in the comic, but sporting an older design, which doesn't bode well for his chances, or his survival honestly.

Last edited:

Amazon

Noob
so I just read a few of the leaked rosters, everyone seems to think they are legit.

I am a bit disappointed that there is no Sindel or Shang, but I am wondering does this include the 4 add on fighters mentioned. I am hoping these two have a chance.

ps. Just curious, I really really like Sindel, she is just fun to play and her design and back story is awesome, I sense a lot of people don't like her though... :/ is it because she went on a killing spree in h mk9?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Are we sure there'll be around 25 characters at least ? Maybe the selectscreen doesn't give a good representation of the number of fighters.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Are we sure there'll be around 25 characters at least ? Maybe the selectscreen doesn't give a good representation of the number of fighters.
Definitely more than that.