What's new

111 Mb Iceball interruption

methademic

UPR Methademic

Not sure if this is known because I came across it by complete accident mid match. You can throw sub between 111 and MB iceball.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This one is but a matter of good reaction. The one who grabbed you either did it by accident or he had very good reaction to grab Subby.

Yep. Sub Zero ice ball is so slow that It can be interrupted, and the water is wet... And Ed Boon hates Sub Zero... nothing to see here. He can't do d1 special because that's fair... Meanwhile Starfire... a dedicated zoner, gets 400 damage for one bar from a 6f d1. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::DOGE

DeftMonk

Noob
Is this on block(111)? If so canceling into iceball has a pretty large ass gap that's punishable in many ways. I can't see the video but not sure how this is not intended? Many chars have such gaps.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
if you do 111 Shatter can you also be grabbed? If not, then anyone who thinks they can just grab can eat the shatter

methademic

UPR Methademic
if you do 111 Shatter can you also be grabbed? If not, then anyone who thinks they can just grab can eat the shatter
Most likely, haven't been home to play or had desire to test this out further. I wouldn't just throw out throw anyway because any other follow up he has will hit you I believe because non mb iceball hits. Wasn't really intending this post to be "tech" was just amused by it more than anything, wasn't sure if anyone else had seen this before. Only thing I could see using this for is if the dude goes for that combo 9/10 times without any sort of confirms then hell, throw it out.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not sure why you'd even grab, it might punish that gap but it won't punish 111 by itself. May as well just do a fast enough normal and punish both options.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Not sure why you'd even grab, it might punish that gap but it won't punish 111 by itself. May as well just do a fast enough normal and punish both options.
Right, the initial grab wasn't intentional and when it hit it caught me off guard. I didn't know if a gap large enough to interrupt that was known or not, hence the post.

When I labbed sub before never thought to look for gaps specifically between strings and that special on block.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Meant to say most most likely NOT, I don't believe anything else gets caught by throw. Only thing I actually "tested" (The mb just didn't come out because im a scroob) was normal iceball and it stuffed the throw.