1 Steve Richie should have voiced Shao Kahn
2 MK OST shouldn't be more like a God of War soundtrack
3 Kratos shouldn't be in MK9
4 Brutalities should have made it to the game
5 Robo Smoke Should have made it to the game
6 The Pit 3, the Bank and River Kombat should have entered the game
7 Classic Costumes that made in vita should have hit to the consoles
8 Shinnok should have been a Hidden Character
9 No offence to Freddy players but other MK Character should have place in the rooster instead
10 More pit Fatalities

gdf

Noob
This will certainly stir up some pots, and incite an already feeling of pessimism falling over the community to become even more apparent.

Truth be told, I just want to see where this thread takes us, as an indication of how our community presently stands. Whether or not I'm proven wrong, is a show demonstrated by the community.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
lol imagine if they ever brought back the falling cliffs stage on a 2d plane, the stage begins rooftop day size and eventually crumbles down to pit bottom :p

Console exclusive characters. I don't mind guest characters so long as they're video game related and aren't console exclusive. Otherwise the guest characters are largely ignored. Putting in a movie character took the gimmick too far imo.

Not putting songs inspired by the warriors into the game. Been saying this for ages.

Needs more stage fatalities.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It sounds to me like you're just salty about certain characters being added to and left out of the game. You people should really be patient, do you honestly believe we are never going to see these characters again? They don't want to put all of the juice into one game if they want to keep this going, where would the appeal be if MK10 came out and you just got the same characters/Fatalities/Stages as MK9. MK9 is my favorite game ever, does it have flaws? HELL YES! Did I want Fujin in this mother fucking game? DAMN RIGHT! Was I shocked as hell to see Freddy Kreuger make the roster? UH DUH! Am I going to call this game a disappointment because of it? No I'm not.

IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE (top being the most important)...

1.) No Input Bug

2.) All mids/overheads hit on ALL character's crouching animations (this includes on their crouching attacking moves too, to prevent unnecessary whiffs)

3.) Enhanced online (PSN still needs connection indicators to tell us who has a 4 bar or 2 bar connection BEFORE we submit a challenge request and/or accept one. by default it constantly says everyone has a 4 bar connection...which is far from the truth. this isn't an issue in KOTH though :/ )

4.) Strengthen the weaker characters/More overall character balance (for a game like MK, I wouldn't be against characters having different amounts of health....could be a huge way to balance out the game. Especially for a character like sheeva...how she is currently :[ )

5.) Reduced invincibility frames of wake ups or make them cost meter (I can't stress how retarded it is, that once I score a knock down in this game, I can't capitalize on it with oki/more pressure. it's the dumbest thing I ever seen, and MK is the only fighting game with this. a character...like sheeva, for example, who has to work so hard blocking correctly while dealing with pressure and/or being zoned half to death *due to her hassive hit box*: should, or has to - be rewarded for a successful knock down. IT'S DESERVED. and wake ups, how they are currently...disrupt it. I don't mind wake ups to be in the game *they're in every fighting game*...BUT ONLY COST METER *the good ones in most fighting games cost meter*. It'd add to the meter management. and would encourage for it to only be used for an emergency "back off me move". thus most of the time when players score knock downs, their opponent has to guess and deal with the mxup/pressure...as it should be IMO)

6.) Remove dial a combo (it's the scrubbiest shit ever. i'm not saying that attack strings need to be one frame links like in SF4 series, but I am saying the timing needs to be more strict in sequence. this would help in encouraging hit confirms too)

7.) Remove negative edge (negative edge really gets in the way of players trying to play at maximum speeds depending on their exact execution. and there's no character in the game that needs to depend on it, because there are no charge attack button inputs *press hold release: example Eddy in Guilty Gear Series* in this game)

8.) DO NOT REMOVE CHARACTERS FROM THE GAME (this is something I really hope NRS reads. NRS has spent so much time improving the game and balancing out the cast...that removing characters for the next game/installment would be counter productive. just simply not include the older characters in STORY MODE if need-be. but allow them for every other mode in the game. even if you have to release the older characters as DLC....DO NOT REMOVE THEM FROM THE NEXT MK GAME)

9.) DO NOT REMOVE TAG MODE FROM THE GAME (I really don't understand why we're not playing this mode more often in tournaments. there are so many things unexplored in this mode...that people simply write it off unbalanced....BECAUSE IT WAS UNTESTED. very sad. now a days, fighting games are gaining more popularity/hype because of tag/team/Assist based system mechanics *SFxT, UMvC3, KOFXIII, TTT2, Persona 4, etc.* and MK could very much increase it's player base if Tag mode was more encouraged on a competitive scale. it's STILL NOT TOO LATE FOR THAT, but no one is doing anything about it. anyways, I for one, would love to see Tag Mode return in the next MK fighting game. Tag combos are MAD HYPE IMO)

10.) Increase overall background music audio (it's really hard to hear the BGM for this game. transitioning from MK to a different fighting game...in terms of sound...is like night and day. i'm sure other people notice this too :/ )

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Besides all the bugs and glitches removed? I would say what the op has, but that leaves a lot they can put in MK10. I expect MK10 to play the same, but without the bugs/glitches and with everything you mentioned added. FLAWLESS.

@josedacuban on Face book sad this:

"The only thing I'd add is improving the Training Mode to add options for a Recording Dummy and have Counter Attacking on the first possibly frame (kind of like Soul Calibur 5). Any tweak of the bare bones Training Mode would be helpful honestly. That thing is a joke, and it's absolutely necessary for this game to survive as a tournament fighter."

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
6.) Remove dial a combo (it's the scrubbiest shit ever. i'm not saying that attack strings need to be one frame links like in SF4 series, but I am saying the timing needs to be more strict in sequence. this would help in encouraging hit confirms too)
I like how MK9 has few hit confirms. It forces you to make a read and commit to your decision.

Also, I agree about wake-ups. I don't think they should cost meter, but I think that each wake-up attack have its own invincibility properties, if any at all (I believe they all have 8 frames of invincibility right now which is pretty stupid). It should be character-specific.

IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE (top being the most important)...
7.) Remove negative edge (negative edge really gets in the way of players trying to play at maximum speeds depending on their exact execution. and there's no character in the game that needs to depend on it, because there are no charge attack button inputs *press hold release: example Eddy in Guilty Gear Series* in this game)
This is the one thing I forgot about in my post.

Also, I agree about wake-ups. I don't think they should cost meter, but I think that each wake-up attack have its own invincibility properties, if any at all (I believe they all have 8 frames of invincibility right now which is pretty stupid). It should be character-specific.
I'd be content with a normal wake up having ZERO invincibility frames.

And the wake up that requires meter (and it would be one bar): to give that specific move a specific small amount of invincibility. And would automatically have enhanced move properties.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
)

dude you've just gone way too fucking far. you've crossed the line. you've jumped the shark.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think the "dial a combo" is what makes this game hype at times lol. When the crowd see's a combo the crowd makes sounds along with it. I think the combos are fine, but the bugs/glitches need to be removed. That's top priority. Changing the combo system I think is a little too much. It wouldn't be MK without it.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
AU_IM_DIGIMON
I'm not convinced by your opinions on wake-ups but the rest I agree with, maybe Sheeva should have a special move that knocks down so hard the opponent can't wake-up. Because otherwise you're buffing the shit out of many characters that are already A/S tier; Smoke, Jax, Kitana and KL would all be horrible to fight w/out wake-up options. Also I have no problem with MK being the only FG to do certain things, diversity or homogeneity you know?

In particular (other than obvious glitch/bug fixes) I support you on the Tag mode, it adds so much depth/fun to the game.

I think the "dial a combo" is what makes this game hype at times lol. When the crowd see's a combo the crowd makes sounds along with it. I think the combos are fine, but the bugs/glitches need to be removed. That's top priority. Changing the combo system I think is a little too much. It wouldn't be MK without it.
the change is changing MK....

to a more LEGIT MK.

it's time to cater exclusively to the tournament/high level/techincal - players. the removal of dial a combo, only enhances that change.

AU_IM_DIGIMON
I'm not convinced by your opinions on wake-ups but the rest I agree with, maybe Sheeva should have a special move that knocks down so hard the opponent can't wake-up. Because otherwise you're buffing the shit out of many characters that are already A/S tier; Smoke, Jax, Kitana and KL would all be horrible to fight w/out wake-up options. Also I have no problem with MK being the only FG to do certain things, diversity or homogeneity you know?
I thought about that as well. And then I remembered playing as Sheeva way back in the vanilla days of MK9 when her enhanced moves meant nothing and wake ups weren't as strong and I had to deal with Kabal, Lao, Kitana, Cage, Smoke...etc.. And I said the same thing then as I'm saying now:

If I had Oki in this game and not have to worry about wake ups at all. My pressure/aggression/knock downs would mean something. :(

And again, I'm not saying I want wake ups COMPLETELY out of the game. I just don't want them invincible for free, without costing meter. Kinda have the best of both worlds.

And with this change, there may need to be chances in characters normals/frames like all the A/S tier characters you mentioned earlier.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
it's time to cater exclusively to the tournament/high level/techincal - players. the removal of dial a combo, only enhances that change.
The only thing keeping MK from being 100% legit is the glitches, bugs, and questionable character balance. That's it. MK has a perfect "easy to learn, hard to master" philosophy going, and part of that is the dial-a-combo system. I don't want MK to play like KoF or SF, because then I'm not playing MK anymore.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
1) Input bug fixed
2) Njp wiff bug fixed
3) Input buffer taken out
4) All guaranteed resets removed (cyrax, smoke, jax)
5) Much better netcode. Maybe use ggpo
6) Stage size issue fixed
7) Add trading.....yeah....
8) Add more dlc outfits and characters
9) Repeat steps 1-8
10) ummmm I kinda want a red mango smoothie. not gonna lie lol

Reading the discussion on wakeups. Just felt like throwing in my 2 cents on them.

I just feel like these are the same specials we've been using since the dawn of time. They weren't designed to be used as wakeups. What makes sense, is the 3D MK Shaolin Monks, and that are specials that were designed for the wakeup system. These specials cannot be done other than when waking up. They are that special! Scorpion had a twisting flame kick he would do off the ground. This is what MK needs. Specially designed wakeup moves, whether they are specials or normals.

Secondly, it doesn't make any sense Raiden lying down on his back and instantly doing a superman across the screen, just doesn't make any sense. Thankfully at least Reptile cannot wakeup with his bf2 in Mk9.

Waking up with normals can be re-implemented by using Quick Recovery from the 3D MK's Deception and Armageddon (not the one second delay from MKDC/MK9). As well as fixing the blockstun. Keep in mind, that Hapkido was 100% safe in those games, which is what i told Ed Boon in our last meeting out there in Chicago before the game was out, and he agreed.

that's all you have to do.... that's all you ever had to do to fix the 3D MK's in general. Instead, stances stayed unsafe, and a load of blockstun was added to the game so that you couldn't punish. Please think about it, what you rather have?

1) A debilitating blockstun that prevents you from moving, backdashing or punishing for the sole purpose of making stances safe

or 2) An instant blockstun that grants you the ability to move, mixup/punish/space etc while still being able to make stances as safe as Hapkido was. It's a called win/win situation. This is how the game should work.

Other things mentioned in this thread: A run button is HEAVILY needed. More so after the dash nerf.

Another important one to me will be make some stages much much longer, so that fights don't end up near the wall every round. And these stages can be the ones used for tournaments. If not, then the corner game must be improved, because in both MKDC and MK9, it's a complete lockdown vs some characters. Also the jumping glitch near the wall where you jump the other way but instead it makes you jump straight up (this was actually caused by fixing my Sub Zero uppercuts from the demo lol).

The pushback on pokes is an issue for me. it pushes the character too far out for whiff punishes and forces them to jump (unless they have b3 liu). Plus hitboxes play a huge role in how far it pushes.

That's all for now. I'm on vacation, but i haven't posted on the boards in a while, so i wanted to give you guys something to read. Have a good one.