What's new

10 Reasons NRS Should Take On The King Of The Monsters

Are You A Bad Enough Dude To Fight For The Title King Of The Monsters?

• FUCK YES!

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No.

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Im the only one who voted no? You cocky bastards. All of you seriously think you can become the king of the monsters? Try being humble once in a while. Geez.

just wanted to say that the multi media OP was awesome.
Thanks man.

If this ever happens (PLZ NRS, with sugar on top?) we may finally get King Kong in a Godzilla game. We've been wanting that for years and it would actually make sense cause they actually made a movie where they fought.

For the longest time ive wanted a Transformers competitive fighting game and this thread kinda reminded me of this!
It's weird how a lot of franchises that revolve around fighting don't get tornny games made isn't it?

So after playing Injustice non stop for the past two days, I gotta say I'm really digging how you interact with the enviorment and use it to your advantage in combat. I could see something like this working for a Godzilla game like maybe pick up a battleship and toss it at an enemy monster or shoot a building that far from you but behind the enemy monster in the middle with an energy attack so the top half falls right on top of them.

It would also be cool to see say someone like Destoroyah grab Godzilla and slam his face into the side of big building.

I'm really digging how NRS pulled it off for Injustice and would like to see it in other fighters.

SPACEGODZILLA MOVESET

Work in progress, will finish later.

Special Animation Notes:

Spacegodzilla's Shoulder Crystals, head crest and Crystal Fortress is constantly glowing and pulsating with energy with the occasional bolt of energy flying from the fortress into his shoulder to give him power. Like his genetic "father" the clone of Godzilla has his spikes usually glow and pulse along with his crest and shoulders before using his breath weapon. Since NRS really loves using particle effects especially for fighters who have a battle aura this would be a great challenge for them but none the less a great chance to show off what they can really do as his it's not just Spacegodzilla but also his fortress that glows. Imagine a forest of crystals as tall as buildings making a battle ground on Earth look like it takes place on an alien world.

Not to mention the "fog" on the ground. It'd be hard to pull off but amazing none the less if they did it.

His flying/crystal form has some cool morphing when he transforms back and forth between them. In his crystal form his spikes and shoulder crystals grow tenfold and his legs are either tucks away, or shrink or mutate into crystals.

His Corona Beam is very hard to pull off in 3D. In the film he uses his psychic powers to bend and twist it so it looks like it has a mind of it's own. In game it could act as a "lock on" attack and twist around buildings to hit an enemy monster trying to take cover. But Simon Strange, who worked on the Atari games, explained the reason why they always had his Corona Beam move in a stirght line instead of twisting around. In a 3D environment it kept colliding with buildings or other stuff. In a 2D environment that wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Special Gameplay Notes:

Spacegodzilla is a powerful, smart but also arrogant, overconfident, sadistic, power hungry asshole with a god complex. So I think his "walking" animation should have him floating a few inches above the ground much like Black Adam or Superman in Injustice. He didn't always do this in the film, in fact he stayed mostly on the ground but may take on the character is that in game makes it more sense that he'd float almost all the time and also because it'd give more of a sense of his power.

Just like in the Atari games Spacegodzilla lifts a building or other object to throw at an enemy not with his hands but his mind.

Crystal Fortress I'm still not sure if it should just already be on the map when you choose him or you have to summon it. I can't make up my mind, it's an idea that need more thought to be put in since it'd be very easy to fuck it up.

Intro: Spacegodzilla flies into the battlefield as his Crystal Form and slams down into the battle ground, seeding the area with his forest of crystals.

Fighting Style: Spacegodzilla, being a psychic relies naturally more on his mind then his body to fight. Make no mistake, he is still a clone of Godzilla and thus still physically powerful. Thus he would be a keepaway/zoner. His basic attacks would be powerful but slow and sloppy due to being a creature who prefers fighting long range then up close.

Special Attacks/Powers:

Crystal Energy Transfer: As long as Spacegodzilla is near his crystals or they are intact they refill his energy bar much faster.

Shoulder Rush: Spacegodzilla flies forward, slamming his shoulder into the enemy. Knocking them flat on their ass.

Crystal Missiles: Spacegodzilla rips out crystals from the ground and launches them at the enemy, causing massive explosions.

Bolt Stab: Red bolts of energy fly out of Spacegodzilla's crystal shoulders and stab into the enemies foot, stunning them.

Double kick: Spacegodzilla floats up in the air higher, wraps his tail around the opponents neck and then kicks the foe in the stomach with both feet.

Crystal Form: Spacegodzilla morphs into his flying form allowing him to fly above the enemy and open up a new set of powers and attacks for him. Like a change in stance. *need more work on what said powers would be for the flying form*

Corona Beam: His trademark beam stabs into the enemy before exploding, twisting and twirling before it hits. EX version will allow you to aim at the feet causing the enemy to slow down for a few second or aim up into their eyes to stun them.

Gravity Tornado: Green energy lashes out from his shoulder crystals allowing him to throw his foe.

Tail Stab: One of Spacegodzilla's rare physical attacks and a strong one, he stabs the enemy in the gut with the spike on his tail, lifting them up with his tail alone till they are mere inches from his face. Red alien energy travels across his tail into the enemy, zapping them and then he flings them away with a flick of his tail.

Zap Slap: Spacegodzilla charges his body red alien energy and every punch/slap zaps the enemy with alien energy. Only lasts for a few seconds and is meant as a way to keep someone away.

Reflective Shield: Spacegodzilla can deflect the projectiles. EX version can be used to put a protective shield around Spacegodzilla's crystals.

Super: Spacegodzilla blinds the enemy with a blast of his Corona Beams in the eyes, before the enemy's sight returns crystals are launched as missiles at them. While they are still recovering Spacegodzilla turns into his crystal form and flies into space using his EMP waves to makes a space station fall out of orbit and hit the target. Then Spacegodzilla turns into a bright ball of light like his intro, flying back down to Earth and crashes dive-bombs into the enemy, causing more crystals to grow out of the ground and trapping the enemy inside on of the crystals. As a final blow Spacegodzilla's crystal absorbs the enemies health and energy and feeds it to Spacegodzilla before the crystal shatters in a million pieces like glass, freeing the enemy.

Win pose: Spacegodzilla uses his psychic powers to lift the comatose enemy and put them in a "cage" made out of crystal. Then the entire crystal forest glows and pules as bolts of energy fly into Spacegodzilla as he glows with a lighting strike in the background. He then twirls in mid air and then flies off like in his Godzilla: Unleashed win pose.

Some videos to give you guys an idea of what I am even rambling about.

GODZILLA 1970's MOVESET

Hidden Locked fighter.

Playstyle: Rushdown, fast. Good mixup, weak projectile, likes using a lot of boxing moves. Pretty much the Adam West of the Godzilla franchise, very campy but no less deadly.

Intro: Rises out of the water and stomps into the battleground before smashing his fists together.

Intro 2: Bursts out of the ground and brushes dirt off of himself before cracking his knuckles.

Outure: Rubs his hand on his nose as a taunt and walks off before the screen fades to black. When it fades back in he's back on Monster Island roaring with several of Earth's monsters in the background.

Special Moves:

Atomic Breath (Projectile): Easy to spam and fast with little charge up but does little damage. Godzilla's spikes glow for but a few seconds before he unleashes his trademark power. EX version has longer charge up but provides armor and does more damage.

Tail Slide Kick: Godzilla slides on the tip of his tail and leans back to kick with both feet. Reaches mid screen. EX version can reach full screen.

Atomic Flight: Godzilla fires his Atomic Breath before turning around and using it to propel himself backwards at the enemy and body slam him with the spikes on his back. The flying is mid screen while the stream of atomic energy is full screen. Both can be blocked. EX version has the body slam reach full screen and does more damage.

Magnet Pull: Godzilla's body glows with energy as he becomes a magnetic pole and pulls in the enemy. If they are pulled in they are stuck to him and he can preform a series of attacks on them. Short range. EX Version is long range.

Flying Magnet (Super): Godzilla uses his magnetic pull to pull in the enemy while at the same time frying them with his atomic breath. Once the enemy is stuck on his body Godzilla ceases firing and then resumes to fire his breath at the ground casuing him to fly off screen with the enemy monster while buildings, ships, jets, cars and other random metal objects follow them up. Then they come back, the enemy hits the ground with Godzilla using his body as a cushion. Godzilla rolls off the enemy just as several metal buildings, power lines, ships, satellites, a UFO and even a space station land on top of the enemy monster before blowing up.

ZONE FIGHTER MOVESET

Special note: Obscure even to hardcore Godzilla fans, he was pretty much the result of Toho "borrowing" elements from Ultraman. Never showed up in a Godzilla film, however he did have his own show that ran for 26 episodes. Godzilla showed up in 5 episodes to help fight other monsters and Zone beat him in a sparring match. He fought and beat King Ghidorah by himself, and even killed Gigan. Most monsters from the franchise have been in a game in some shape or form so he can be the new blood the games need. He has a lot of potential with his powers to be a very unique fighter.

Animation note: When near low health his belt timer will beep and flash annoying red.

Gameplay Style: Glass cannon. Zoner. Good jumping. Fast punches and kicks, shitty defense. A lot of risk-reward. In the show, like Ultraman, he can only fight for a few minutes. To reflect this in gameplay he will constantly use up energy. When he is empty the player has to go into "recharge mode" where he shrinks down to half his size and is weaker and has fewer powers avlible to him. When fully recharged he will go back to giant size and can use all of his specials.

Intro: Zone shows up in human form and transforms into a giant.

Special Moves:

Meteor Missiles Might (Projectile): Can summon anti-monster missile filled gauntlets onto his wrists. Can be held so you can continue doing other attacks, let go to fire.

Double Anti-Missile Might: Captures some projectiles storing them for later where it can be shot. Can only be done after

Uzi Punch (Grab): Zone Fighter grabs the target and unleashes a furry of blindingly fast punches.

Subduing Mist (Projectile): Close range, fires a stream of mist from his finger that stuns the enemy.

Zone-Barrier: Zone Fighter summons an energy barrier to block all projectiles. EX version creates Hyper-Barrier which deflects all attacks right back at the enemy.

Hyper-Barrier: See above.

Plasma Capsule (Anti-Grab): If you press the grab button right after someone grabs you Zone Fighter will unleash a wave of energy, breaking free of the grapple and causing damage to the attacker. Can only be done when being grabbed.

Arrow Beam: Zone Fighter fires one or two streams of red arrow shaped streams from his hand. Can be held and charged to fire one large red stream. EX version fires two large yellow arrow shaped rays from both hands.

Mach Run: Zone stays in one spot and charges up energy in his body. If given enough time without being hit he'll rush forward and run over the target (think Injustice Flash).

Super:

Meteor Proton Beam: Zone Fighter summons Meteor Missiles Might gauntlets and unleashes hell, when the missiles are all emptied he flies at the enemy and slams into them, grabbing them and flying up higher and higher before throwing them above him and firing a thin blue line of energy out of his head crest. When the beam hits the target at first nothing happens, then in mid air their body is riddled with explosions a few seconds afterwards.

Winpose: Zone Fighter strikes a win pose before flying off to recharge. [/spoiler}

SUPER-X2 MOVESET

Already done. XD

http://tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/super-x2.htm

If I had to add anything it's be a body slam, spinning body slam or have the thusters underneath be used to burn the top of enemies heads. Maybe have it have a "telaport" where it flies off one side of the screen and onto the other, with the back thrusters burning the enemy.

Now if I can only give the original Super-X a decent movest, maybe have the flars it shoots out as a stun move like maybe shooting the flares into an enemies eyes.

GOTENGO MOVESET

Also already done. XD

http://tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/gotengo.htm

SUPER-MECHAGODZILA/GARUDA MOVESET

Yep you guessed it, already done again. XD

http://tohokingdom.com/vg/gdam/smg.htm

Geoduck

Halfasser
So. much. yes. War of the Monsters(even though it's not a Godzilla game, it was inspired by it.) and Destroy All Monsters were one of the funnest monster fighting games I've ever played as a child. I would be totally stoked if NRS picked up the ip to promote some new Godzilla movie.

So. much. yes. War of the Monsters(even though it's not a Godzilla game, it was inspired by it.) and Destroy All Monsters were one of the funnest monster fighting games I've ever played as a child. I would be totally stoked if NRS picked up the ip to promote some new Godzilla movie.
Plus with 28 films there's plenty of Lore to make a good story.

My biggest concern is that NRS kept cutting out non human shaped fighters because of time restraint (MK9 Motaro, IGAU Krypto).

Like seriously they need to let whoever keeps putting them on a time limit know that they need more time, cause a lot of fan favorites are not human shaped. Atari's last two games sucked but they still managed to give Mortha Larva a decent moveset and she's a worm. And that was a 3D game so I know NRS could give someone like Manda a decent moveset.

I wanna see it slither around the enemy and use it's snake like body to do some crazy attacks like Voldo.

PureYeti

Living in poverty cave
Lol I knew this trailer was old and posted somewhere. Whatever the one I posted is 1 day new :eek:

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I don't have to read the entire post, I don't need to read the whole thread to say this.

I would be one of the happiest people in the world if this happened. I grew up with Godzilla and use to love all the movies. Having all these badass monsters in one game duking it out would be a kids ultimate dream come true, with having interactible objects, imagine being able to throw entire skyscrapers at your opponents and have such legendary beasts like Godzilla and Mothra kicking each others ass in space, big cities, volcanos, and so many other crazy environments. There is just so much potential for gameplay and mini games as well as story alike. OH GAWD YESS!!!!!!.

TheSpore God I wish we could get word to NRS and show them that this series has potential. Maybe the new reboot next year will do good enough to be a series of films. Hopefully they'll see they can cash in on this.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The fuck is happening here? lol. While Im not a huge fan of monster movies, I read the entire first post and enjoyed the enthusiasm. If they can add the big mech thing from The Day the Earth Stood Still Im in.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
TheSpore God I wish we could get word to NRS and show them that this series has potential. Maybe the new reboot next year will do good enough to be a series of films. Hopefully they'll see they can cash in on this.
You can I monitor Boon's twitter all the time, I can eventually send a link for him, maybe he will read it...

EDIT: If you start a public petition online and spread it out online all over the place, you can even show NRS there is a demand for such a game. If you have enough people sign it may even make them raise an eyebrow (pun intended toward Boon).