What's new

Video/Tutorial - Nimble 1 reason why I think Nimble is the best variation for Rep

The utility of + frames is the strongest part of EX stealth. It's much easier to actually apply without specific setups, and makes a huge portion of Reptile's options either safe or advantage on block. It lets Reptile safely convert from one of his best normals (f2) and invisibility is fucked up in that you can't space the character properly anymore, and the invisibility creates a silly mind game that baits out some major mistakes.

EX basilisk is really good when it's active, but that's part of the issue. Getting it active. Though, I think the buffs to it in the beta will open up some pretty significant opportunities.

I think in the long run, they'll be interchangeable. If you're playing vs a character who doesn't blow through a majority of Nimble armor breaks and isn't so difficult to handle in the neutral due to whatever reason, I'm gonna be picking up Nimble for that (Quan strikes me as the most susceptible to Nimble). Vs characters that do one or the other (like Lao), I'll use Deceptive. I've only really found one matchup where I could really use Noxious, and that's Jax, just because he does both well plus he's super aggro as a character.
Fair enough, I disagree about the issues of getting basilisk activated though

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
You have to work harder in Deceptive you don't have armour break or the crazy damage coming of a 50/50, EX stealth is way less efficient than EX basilisk in my experience, I don't use B1D4 B34 is godlike and characters with fast armour you can bait. I find EX Stealth isn't worth the meter as you see, most players don't even use the trait... S4 into EX stealth jails and EX Basilisk is guranteed so in the corner I hit b2 in deceptive 32% Nimble 50%. B34 Deceptive B3 18% Nimble 47%. Deceptive F4 Slide 15% Nimble 47% with armour breaking properties
etc.
Isn't b1d4 a really good string to catch people off guard?People seem to never block that string.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Isn't b1d4 a really good string to catch people off guard?People seem to never block that string.
i know people who block it every time. I have to mix up b1 d4 with b1 into b2 or b1 into b34 to make this string work. There are lots of randoms who don´t block this string, but not people who are familiar with reptile. Also as i played against @DatProStunner all my b1d4´s got full combo punished

The utility of + frames is the strongest part of EX stealth. It's much easier to actually apply without specific setups, and makes a huge portion of Reptile's options either safe or advantage on block. It lets Reptile safely convert from one of his best normals (f2) and invisibility is fucked up in that you can't space the character properly anymore, and the invisibility creates a silly mind game that baits out some major mistakes.

EX basilisk is really good when it's active, but that's part of the issue. Getting it active. Though, I think the buffs to it in the beta will open up some pretty significant opportunities.

I think in the long run, they'll be interchangeable. If you're playing vs a character who doesn't blow through a majority of Nimble armor breaks and isn't so difficult to handle in the neutral due to whatever reason, I'm gonna be picking up Nimble for that (Quan strikes me as the most susceptible to Nimble). Vs characters that do one or the other (like Lao), I'll use Deceptive. I've only really found one matchup where I could really use Noxious, and that's Jax, just because he does both well plus he's super aggro as a character.
This is the power of nimble, i'm gonna get you in the corner no matter what

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
except that this is a mixup so you are guessing. You do not have to f41.. you can do anything.
How is it a mix up if you have to do f41 to stuff the wake up? If you do anything else they get out for free.
You have to work harder in Deceptive you don't have armour break or the crazy damage coming of a 50/50, EX stealth is way less efficient than EX basilisk in my experience, I don't use B1D4 B34 is godlike and characters with fast armour you can bait. I find EX Stealth isn't worth the meter as you see, most players don't even use the trait... S4 into EX stealth jails and EX Basilisk is guranteed so in the corner I hit b2 in deceptive 32% Nimble 50%. B34 Deceptive B3 18% Nimble 47%. Deceptive F4 Slide 15% Nimble 47% with armour breaking properties
etc.
When discussing "who's better", you don't take into account "most players", just high level ones. I'm not sure where you're getting all these numbers but they either don't compare or they're wrong.
And you're plus on like 3 strings with respectable + frames
If you have good fundamentals F2 stealth doesn't matter
No idea what you mean with this. F21 xx invis is an amazing tool that gives you a lot of reward for ez mode footsies.
This is the power of nimble, i'm gonna get you in the corner no matter what
Not sure what the point was but that Tanyer was booty and you got away with murder.

I made this a while back that beats fast wakeups (hard, but still beats Sub's slide)

I'm sure there's more optimal stuff now. I used to think nimble was the best but I'd have to say deceptive is definitely better after the buffs. We'll see after the buffs to nimble after the beta.
2 bars bruh

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
This is my opinion you pleb
If you're gonna post anything, especially with the title you wrote, people are gonna test and argue the tech. If that's "talking shit", then go ahead and continue to live in online ranked world.

omooba

fear the moobs
I'm not sure but unsafe which is why I put B34 and F412 in there, the safer options once people punish, F412 and F4 slide is the mind game once they respect you that's when you bring in B2, 50% BOYS :) this works midscreen slightly less damage
combo video soon????

If you're gonna post anything, especially with the title you wrote, people are gonna test and argue the tech. If that's "talking shit", then go ahead and continue to live in online ranked world.
Yeah, I didn't realise how good deceptive actually is, I think it's up to debate which is the stronger variation, they're both A+ IMO

Tweedy

Noob
You wouldn't take a round off Cossner.
He definitely would.

I'd also like to clarify that i'd bet on Cossner if I had to bet on someone. Stunner is an online EU player. Any match he's ever had vs anyone outside of the EU, is unrealistic. The lag is terrible.

He's a really good player, though, all things considered.