What's new

Video/Tutorial - Nimble 1 reason why I think Nimble is the best variation for Rep

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The armor-break is great vs slower armor attacks, or even decently fast ones normally. It's when you go up against characters that can handle EX basilisk armor breaks that it loses its shine. Which isn't very many characters.
Question, are negative moves less negative or safe when nimble is active?
Yes. If it's less than -5 normally, it's at least +1 in basilisk.

I had written off nimble as a bit gimmicky. Still I saw an amazing set form you on ESL-S02 and have been playing it since and i agree it is the best of the variations, imo.

The armor-break is great vs slower armor attacks, or even decently fast ones normally. It's when you go up against characters that can handle EX basilisk armor breaks that it loses its shine. Which isn't very many characters.

Yes. If it's less than -5 normally, it's at least +1 in basilisk.
I have options vs fast armour, I think Nimble is kinda useless only against Kano

dosn't matter. Unlike other moves it will still fully trigger and puyt the pther player into the slow state. Delayed wake up means that they can no get a move out with out massive juggle and if they block they are just back in the 50/50

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Deceptive can do it too,exactly the same thing you did in the corner.
His pressure is sick,he is invisible......so no.
I think deceptive is way more dangerous.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
dosn't matter. Unlike other moves it will still fully trigger and puyt the pther player into the slow state. Delayed wake up means that they can no get a move out with out massive juggle and if they block they are just back in the 50/50
I just tested it. His current setup finishing with f412 xx basilisk only stuffs wake ups that are 16 frames or slower. If you replace the f214 for 14 you can stuff wake up that are 12 frames. You can change the f41 for 12 and stuff 10 frame wake ups but it can get low profiled. A smart opponent will hold back and block during the wake up, block the f41 and then armor. But it's useful against wake up happy people and character with slow wake ups.
Deceptive can do it too,exactly the same thing you did in the corner.
His pressure is sick,he is invisible......so no.
I think deceptive is way more dangerous.
Deceptive is better but what you just said is wrong. He can stuff wake ups of some characters with b34 due to the properties of its hitbox, not because it's fast, and definitely doesn't work the same way. If you're talking about the flash parry then extra no since it doesn't work against 2-hitting moves.

JDM

Noob
I made this a while back that beats fast wakeups (hard, but still beats Sub's slide)

I'm sure there's more optimal stuff now. I used to think nimble was the best but I'd have to say deceptive is definitely better after the buffs. We'll see after the buffs to nimble after the beta.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Well i still think it depends on the enemy character. I might agree though, that i play nimble the most. In beta most of my nimble combos work online, but in the current normal version i tend to drop a lot of f4 bf2 f4 bf2 f4 bf2 f412 slide stuff. Also i love how the combos look :)

Coolest thing about nimble imo are double njp combos :>

THTB

Post buffs it's better for sure, but I wouldn't consider it the best. I think you can use it for certain matchups over Deceptive, same as Noxious.

You have to work harder in Deceptive you don't have armour break or the crazy damage coming of a 50/50, EX stealth is way less efficient than EX basilisk in my experience, I don't use B1D4 B34 is godlike and characters with fast armour you can bait. I find EX Stealth isn't worth the meter as you see, most players don't even use the trait... S4 into EX stealth jails and EX Basilisk is guranteed so in the corner I hit b2 in deceptive 32% Nimble 50%. B34 Deceptive B3 18% Nimble 47%. Deceptive F4 Slide 15% Nimble 47% with armour breaking properties
etc.

THTB

The utility of + frames is the strongest part of EX stealth. It's much easier to actually apply without specific setups, and makes a huge portion of Reptile's options either safe or advantage on block. It lets Reptile safely convert from one of his best normals (f2) and invisibility is fucked up in that you can't space the character properly anymore, and the invisibility creates a silly mind game that baits out some major mistakes.

EX basilisk is really good when it's active, but that's part of the issue. Getting it active. Though, I think the buffs to it in the beta will open up some pretty significant opportunities.

I think in the long run, they'll be interchangeable. If you're playing vs a character who doesn't blow through a majority of Nimble armor breaks and isn't so difficult to handle in the neutral due to whatever reason, I'm gonna be picking up Nimble for that (Quan strikes me as the most susceptible to Nimble). Vs characters that do one or the other (like Lao), I'll use Deceptive. I've only really found one matchup where I could really use Noxious, and that's Jax, just because he does both well plus he's super aggro as a character.