What's new

1, 2 Freddy's coming.......to MK9

Dark_Rob

Noob
9.95 said:
Dark Rob, don't give up this game. You love to play it, and without Freddy, it's still the same game you love. Even with him, as I said, he's just another character.
The hell with this game. Im not going to continue to pour my blood sweat and tears into supporting a game that even THE COMPANY THAT MADE IT DOESNT TAKE SERIOUSLY! If this shit is a joke to them than it will be a joke to me to.
Boon and company have done this to us so many fucking times over the past 10 years its amazing any of us are still around. Its like we are all NRS's abused wives. They abuse the shit out of us but we stick around cuz its what we know.
Fuck this man, Im gonna make like Julia Roberts in "Sleeping with the Enemy" and take swimming lessons, Im getting the fuck out of this relationship.

Bring on Batman: Arkam city.

btbb99

Noob
i just watched the video again and i LMAO at that fact that they took away jax MGP and gave it to Freddy Krueger lol. you can see it at 53 seconds

I don't understand the hate towards this. I think it's cool as hell. Most major fighters have guest characters and I'm glad that they are using someone who isn't from the video game world. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I may be biased because I'm a horror movie nut and I've always dreamed of a fighter with horror movie characters, but even when I look at this objectively, I don't understand the hate. It seems to me as though the people who are spitting the nastiest venom about this already had major gripes to being with.

CrazySlasher27 said:

I don't understand the hate towards this. I think it's cool as hell. Most major fighters have guest characters and I'm glad that they are using someone who isn't from the video game world. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I may be biased because I'm a horror movie nut and I've always dreamed of a fighter with horror movie characters, but even when I look at this objectively, I don't understand the hate. It seems to me as though the people who are spitting the nastiest venom about this already had major gripes to being with.
Exactly what im sayin !!!

btbb99

Noob
CrazySlasher27 said:

i am one of the guys that already had major gripes about the game, you are 100% right about that, there are some things i like about mk9 and some things i do not like, i do not think this is a terrible game, good but certainly not great. i do still play here and there and when i go to find a match the other guy almost always picks scorpion, so i could only imagine how many Freddy Krueger players there are going to be, MILLIONS. and i don't know about you but playing against Freddy Krueger is not only silly and dumb but due to the amount of players that are going to be using him is going to get boring fast

and stop it with all this HATER talk, it's not hate, it's the truth. Freddy Krueger does not belong in Mortal Kombat 9. especially not when MK is trying to get there respect back. FAIL

Hey ed boon, don't get any silly ideas and try adding Freddy to mk2 when the kollection comes out, I will fuck your ass up!

9.95 said:
Keep in mind that WB owns NRS and probably contracted them into including him(or some WB character). It may be something that NRS had zero control over. We'll never know for sure.
I have to agree with you on that. I blame WB and put my loyalty that it wasn't Ed Boon's fault. Even though he should be in charge IF WB had anything to do with this (ahem) it was their idea. Like you said we'll never know. But, look what happened immediately when WB bought Midway. They gave us Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. What the fuck does MK have to do with the DC universe?

-____-

Its pretty obvious. I wish they kept it MK-MK3 strictly. Maybe even trilogy but that's it. Khameleon, robot smoke and older sub-zero would have been nice rather than skarlet, freddy and kenshi (SMH.) This roster would have kept it old school:

Where was Goro in MK9? Maybe if they didn't waste so much data and work on the krypt or that mk tower mini games they could have saved space for the og MK stuff. Oh well.. I dream, lol. I still like MK9 so nobody get me wrong. Its probably the only game I play now a days.. that and Uncharted 2. :p

David Gem

Banned
jesse89202 said:
... that and Uncharted 2. :p
Damn right! UC2 4 LYPHE!

Krueger in MK?... really?... Alright then, hope you guys are ready for the Dark-Wing Duck to appear in MVC3. I mean, cause that would totally make sense. And Hulk Hogan's been announced for SFIV. :D

If you're upset...don't buy him.
seriously.
You're upset because "xx character" didn't make it in? Who cares. Actually give the character a chance and stop crying. ._.
Sad thing is...Most people who are complaining are going to be buying him.
No matter what NRS or Capcom or any game company does, everyone is going to complain. Just be happy we're getting DLC, even if it ISN'T MK related.

David Gem

Banned
PK Denis said:
If you're upset...don't buy him.
seriously.
You're upset because "xx character" didn't make it in? Who cares. Actually give the character a chance and stop crying. ._.
What do you mean "who cares?" I'd say everyone that posted on this thread cares.

Now this game should've been distributed on a platform and revamped but instead the poor designer who did it all and offered it free on his site got pressure from WB and new Line about Jason and Freddy saying remove them or be sued so he scraped the game altogether unfortunately.

And any real fan know Freddy has one glove, they need to take that second one out.

xDisciplex said:
Now this game should've been distributed on a platform and revamped but instead the poor designer who did it all and offered it free on his site got pressure from WB and new Line about Jason and Freddy saying remove them or be sued so he scraped the game altogether unfortunately.

And any real fan know Freddy has one glove, they need to take that second one out.

Damn that game looks fucking badass! O_O

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
ZAQ said:
I do not want to see this character in tournaments *crylaugh*.
I don't even want to imagine a Freddy vs Freddy match being streamed at a major but I guess you can't ban character solely because they are lame and don't belong in the game. Rules are made everyday though.

Hopefully he is stupid broken and wont be patched.
Yep. I hate to say it, but as long as he is not console exclusive, Freddy will likely be included in tournaments.

dubson

Noob
At least give him one claw. Seriously.

Tim, someone, seriously please. Tell them if they are going to go through with this joke and have him in our beloved games in tournaments to make him true to character, at least.

SRSLY

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I posted "HE ONLY HAS ONE GODDAMN CLAW" on Mortal Kombat's Facebook page and they deleted it. lol

You guys fucked up so bad. Wow.

$ > genuine fighting game