What's new

1,2 Freddy's coming for you...

I really don't see a problem with this. My number one pick was Fujin, and there were several other MK characters I probably would've picked before an outsider, but my main concern was that whoever they put in, they did it well. Just from what I see in the trailer, it looks like they did Freddy VERY well. He looks creepy, he looks like he has good moves, and his intro and fatalities look EPIC. He also means that we dodged (at least for the time being) several bullets I was afraid might be the last DLC (mainly Tanya, Frost, and Meat). So overall I'm not thrilled, but I'm surprised and--after seeing the trailer--relatively pleased.

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
You know full well that once you heard Freddy was going to be the 4th DLC, i bet everyone single person went WTF!!! or shit me i was not expecting that. because to be honest i was not expecting that what so ever. I was thinking it was going to be Shinnok or Tanya personally and keeping my fingers crossed it wasn't going to be Street Fighter character. But at 1st i was like wow this is going to be shit, But then i watched the trailer and was like haha wow he looks pretty fucking awesome to be fair :)

Just realised that freddies fatality were he throws them into the fire box thing, (cant remember what there called) wouldnt it just not affect scorpion? :facepalm:

Kwon

---->----
Just realised that freddies fatality were he throws them into the fire box thing, (cant remember what there called) wouldnt it just not affect scorpion? :facepalm:
Scorpion would actually be immune if it was normal fire!
But it's probably Freddy's special Magical Marketing-ploy "Nightmare"-fire, there's no escaping that! :D

Arent DLC characters banned in tournaments?
As far as I understand it, Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain (and now Freddy) are only banned at tourneys because they're far too recent for data and strategies to be collected on them as a whole. I mean, Skarlet was released only a month before EVO. Anyone playing as them would have the advantage of no one having played them.

Only person that I know of who's actually banned is Kratos, due to being console exclusive. 360 players would have NO experience against him, making it an unfair fight.

Bimz

Noob
If liking Freddy over some bullshit character created after umk3 means you're a casual player welp shit I guess that makes me the most hardcorez casual in existence

The purpose behind the reboot of this game was to appease fans of the old games like myself. Begging the devs for stupid deception characters is exactly the kind of crap that has made the series and the community a joke. You all act like mk vs dcu was the start of the decline when really it was the start of the uptake(in terms of trimming down the over bloated roster).

I'm also loling at the "derp derp whats next mickey mouse as dlc? derp" comments. Like they get to decide where the slippery slope starts. Whats next after tanya, mokap??(hell you'd probably love that, wouldn't you?)

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Bimz I wish I could thank you more than once for your post. Took the words out of my mouth. Great avatar too.
Seconded.

Btw I love Freddy and everything but am I the only guy who made it about 45 seconds into the trailer before realizing that it wasn't a fan-created hoax? lol...

I'm actually kinda iffy on his moveset tbh. Kratos seemed like a real labor of love, with tons of references to his home series. Freddy comes across as a little more generic. Fiery teleport, bleh. Love that throw, though.

Seconded.

Btw I love Freddy and everything but am I the only guy who made it about 45 seconds into the trailer before realizing that it wasn't a fan-created hoax? lol...

I'm actually kinda iffy on his moveset tbh. Kratos seemed like a real labor of love, with tons of references to his home series. Freddy comes across as a little more generic. Fiery teleport, bleh. Love that throw, though.
It's based on his Remake version, who had a lot more fire references in his nightmare sequences than Englund's Freddy.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Freddy at tournaments?

The first thing that comes to mind is that he will be treated like Kratos and be banned. But, who knows... maybe it'll be different.

I personally wanted an MK character...
Kratos is a ps3 exclusive. Freddy will be available on both systems. He should not be banned at tourneys. Ima wreck ppl up with him. Top tier Kruger :)