What's new

‘Hot Take’ go go go

after playing revets cheetah more id have to agree on how overlooked her damage is.
idk y people think joker will b good but whatevs.
Scarecrows not gonna b top tier but he will b better.
Beetles gonna be better.
Firestorms gonna be so good. Supergirls gonna be so good. Black Adams gonna be so good. Catwomans still gonna be good. those will be the top tiers

fate still has all of the same bad matchups. deadshot isn't as bad but he still struggles against extremely common characters in superman, supergirl, and catwoman.

with firestorm getting a buff it could shift from 6-4 to 5-5, same goes for scarecrow. There was dispute on Fate vs Beetle and imo his buffs shifted it further to 4-6.

Fate will do well but he will still have the same difficulties as before and you shouldn't expect anyone to win a major with 100% Fate.

fate still has all of the same bad matchups. deadshot isn't as bad but he still struggles against extremely common characters in superman, supergirl, and catwoman.

with firestorm getting a buff it could shift from 6-4 to 5-5, same goes for scarecrow. There was dispute on Fate vs Beetle and imo his buffs shifted it further to 4-6.

Fate will do well but he will still have the same difficulties as before and you shouldn't expect anyone to win a major with 100% Fate.
Not true with ds. Formally, DS could spam high shot and block before ra hit him at about jump range. Now, fate can trade from more than 3/4 screen. That literal flips the match in fate favor.

So if DS does high shot high shot then blocks, if fate did a ra btw high shots DS could block ra and you got hit. Not the case now. You out damage him severely. And if he does high shot then blocks and you did mb ra or normal trait ra or mb trait ra you get to spam. It’s completely reversed now man. Fate wins 6-4 maybe 7-3

Not true with ds. Formally, DS could spam high shot and block before ra hit him at about jump range. Now, fate can trade from more than 3/4 screen. That literal flips the match in fate favor.

So if DS does high shot high shot then blocks, if fate did a ra btw high shots DS could block ra and you got hit. Not the case now. You out damage him severely. And if he does high shot then blocks and you did mb ra or normal trait ra or mb trait ra you get to spam. It’s completely reversed now man. Fate wins 6-4 maybe 7-3
maybe play that mu for a while before you declare a 7-3 reverse. he can just easily rely more on his mixup game and trick shots.

not saying it isn't possible, but 7-3 don't grow on trees.

Joker is not going to be winning a major by himself any time soon. He still has a bunch of holes in his game and he has a straight up awful neutral game.

Make no mistake, he's no longer garbage tier but he's far from top 5 and every other character you mentioned still has more tools than him.

He got a couple of buffs and you're ranking him above Superman? Red Hood? Green Arrow? Batman? Gimme a break. Green Arrow and Superman both still win against him.

P.S. How could you say giving Cyborg a safe -low-full invincible wake up "Doesn't change him." It's a huge buff.

Last edited:
Darkseid a utility character? the character is really good and has like 3 -5 losing mu's and now that deadshot and batman are nerfed (never lost to batman but now darkseid def wins)
hes already been top 10 or potential top 10 now hes probably higher up their lol.
personally i feel that darkseid got no better from this patch because of the buffs to the characters he was close to being even with/ already even with. Also supergirl is now going to be used even more so I have a hard time believing that he got better even tho deadshot and batman nerfs

However, hes no utility character

maybe play that mu for a while before you declare a 7-3 reverse. he can just easily rely more on his mixup game and trick shots.

not saying it isn't possible, but 7-3 don't grow on trees.
Blk a trick shot and it’s ur turn. Pre patch fate had to go to DS. Now it’s 100% reversed. Do u understand the power of that? I didn’t declare anything 7-3 dude. Just a hot takeeeeeee

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
personally i feel that darkseid got no better from this patch because of the buffs to the characters he was close to being even with/ already even with. Also supergirl is now going to be used even more so I have a hard time believing that he got better even tho deadshot and batman nerfs

However, hes no utility character
Darkseid was already good, yah some chars got buffed and some mus might be more even, but hes still gonna be like top 10.

Darkseid a utility character? the character is really good and has like 3 -5 losing mu's and now that deadshot and batman are nerfed (never lost to batman but now darkseid def wins)
hes already been top 10 or potential top 10 now hes probably higher up their lol.
Knicks. Your my friend man but u up play darkseid and assume people can’t react to teleport and deal with trait mix in neutral.

I showed u several times and in tournament u even switched. We can play it out some more and see where it’s at.

Sooooooo many char punish high laser and 90% of the cast out footsie him. Standing out of d3 or low laser range, what do people have to mentally account for?

@General M2Dave

Darkseid was already good, yah some chars got buffed and some mus might be more even, but hes still gonna be like top 10.
I love the talk. Darkseid has had almost 0 effect or presence in tournament play. One of the best of all time in reo mained him and couldn’t get it done. Among casuals and mediocre players darkseid might be considered top ten but start playing the best in the world or those who understand how limited he is and how much risk he has to take, story changes

I love the talk. Darkseid has had almost 0 effect or presence in tournament play. One of the best of all time in reo mained him and couldn’t get it done. Among casuals and mediocre players darkseid might be considered top ten but start playing the best in the world or those who understand how limited he is and how much risk he has to take, story changes
thats some serious downplay bro youd think you mained him. he aint that bad lol

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Knicks. Your my friend man but u up play darkseid and assume people can’t react to teleport and deal with trait mix in neutral.

I showed u several times and in tournament u even switched. We can play it out some more and see where it’s at.

Sooooooo many char punish high laser and 90% of the cast out footsie him. Standing out of d3 or low laser range, what do people have to mentally account for?

@General M2Dave
Breh when we had this conversation it was me leaving for eleague and i even told you the connection sucked couldnt say half of anything i wanted to and mostly just you talking. I play people who know the mu , theo,gunny,hayatei, etc and usually do pretty well against them. Just because you urself cant play the character correctly doesnt mean he is bad lol, and sure we can play today if u want.

Re darkseid. This was early in the game after I played the match vs M2dave a million times and beat knicks in a long set. I’m TOURNAMENT he picked superman.

Skip to 6;35. How many teleports did he get away with? How did his neutral fare? How did the mid screen trait setups work out?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Reo is not that good at this games, again against high level players who the know the mu we go back and forth. In most of the few tournaments ive been too ive done really well with the character(aside from eleague where i choked) so what ur saying is literally bs lol ask theo, hayatei, rewind, gross,nubs,dragon, because unless these are mediocore players than ur talking out of ur ass lol.

Breh when we had this conversation it was me leaving for eleague and i even told you the connection sucked couldnt say half of anything i wanted to and mostly just you talking. I play people who know the mu , theo,gunny,hayatei, etc and usually do pretty well against them. Just because you urself cant play the character correctly doesnt mean he is bad lol, and sure we can play today if u want.

Ehhh it’s my hot take and my opinion. I stick by it.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Re darkseid. This was early in the game after I played the match vs M2dave a million times and beat knicks in a long set. I’m TOURNAMENT he picked superman.

Skip to 6;35. How many teleports did he get away with? How did his neutral fare? How did the mid screen trait setups work out?

Are you actually gonna use footage where i switched to darkseid for one match prepatch, even when i told you i sucked in the deadshot mu and didnt know it well. Like literally the beginning of the games life.

Reo is not that good at this games, again against high level players who the know the mu we go back and forth. In most of the few tournaments ive been too ive done really well with the character(aside from eleague where i choked) so what ur saying is literally bs lol ask theo, hayatei, rewind, gross,nubs,dragon, because unless these are mediocore players than ur talking out of ur ass lol.
What majors? Congrats on eleague btw if I didn’t tell u that already. Did u use superman at the qualifiers?

how bout i play you to change your mind bro cuz clearly youre misguided here.