What's new

Zoning in a real life fight

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Being a lumbering, overweight behemoth as a part of your "fighting strategy" only works in anime, drunken street-fights, fighting games, and professional wrestling. In real martial-arts against real martial-artists you get fucked up.

It's more a novelty act to be Manny Yarborough's size and fight someone.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Being a lumbering, overweight behemoth as a part of your "fighting strategy" only works in anime, drunken street-fights, fighting games, and professional wrestling. In real martial-arts against real martial-artists you get fucked up.
Look at this guy, here. A regular Randy Cotoure, you are.

Rude

Well, no. That was pretty obvious.

I was just screwing with you.

Rude

Though I will say, Kimbo Slice did just fine as an obese fat ass, Thank you. I mean...except for the whole rigging thing.

This is a real life zoning war right at the 8 minute and 18 second mark.

Notice the technique on how John Matrix was able to see the perfect time to move in for the kill. The President let his offensive zoning downa nd it cost him the match. It's stuff like this that players do not understand on how to get past zoning. Yet Matrix was able to do it with ease and make the matchup more tolerable.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Though I will say, Kimbo Slice did just fine as an obese fat ass, Thank you. I mean...except for the whole rigging thing.
Man Kimbo Slice (and Bob Sapp before you start) are obviously NOT obese fat asses. Slice was just highly unpolished and one dimensional, trying to enter the MMA way too late in something that could resemble a career.