What's new

Video/Tutorial Zod's Trait: A Close Look (includes frame data in slow motion)

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Thanks good people!
-After the dash it's completely random which side you are on, but it's easy to react to with your trait mix ups. also which way the opponent blocks, if he blocks, will affect if you cross or not. So not a great 50/50 by itself, but still a great way to start trait pressure!

-I forgot to use the man of steel costume, rembered half through the esiting and didn't bother re recording and editing haha

-I use Movie Studio Platinum 12 (More than good enough for what I want to do, and pretty similar to Vegas Pro from what I can tell!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Thanks good people!
-I use Movie Studio Platinum 12 (More than good enough for what I want to do, and pretty similar to Vegas Pro from what I can tell!
Thanks! I've been using Windows Movie Maker for my stuff, but it's a bit limited. Gonna check this out! Again, good stuff man.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
SimSim
is this right?

so mb ps is 12 frames adv on knockdown
start up is 50

so aquaman has 38 frames to do his FTD 20 frame move?

SimSim

SimSim
is this right?

start up is 50

No I calculated the advantage AFTER activating trait. I have the dummy set to jump as fast as he can, and as you can see, he is able to jump 12 frames after Zod can jump AFTER activating the trait. Zod should be 100% safe.

Lol I made a misstake with this one... bah. Ofc I didn't have it set to tech roll.. Thought I had done that.. well I will edit in the info to the video later

Pig Of The Hut

SimSim or all BG bounces the same advantage (ak l0rdofthefly )

for example the ship is hella longer on the fortress stage i think

Amazing video

So so so so much potential

Pig Of The Hut

No I calculated the advantage AFTER activating trait. I have the dummy set to jump as fast as he can, and as you can see, he is able to jump 12 frames after Zod can jump AFTER activating the trait. Zod should be 100% safe.

Lol I made a misstake with this one... bah. Ofc I didn't have it set to tech roll.. Thought I had done that.. well I will edit in the info to the video later
yea zod gets blown up by a few wake ups off MB ps trait activation

Some that come to mind are gl lift, aqua FTD, Raven lift or squeeze or trait specials

SimSim

SimSim or all BG bounces the same advantage (ak l0rdofthefly )

for example the ship is hella longer on the fortress stage i think

Amazing video

So so so so much potential
Yea there might be some slight differences in advantage from the bgb, but I think it will work the same most of the time anyway. Atlantis should be one of the closer ones?

Pig Of The Hut

Yea there might be some slight differences in advantage from the bgb, but I think it will work the same most of the time anyway. Atlantis should be one of the closer ones?
Yea ive noticed there a slight timing difference in some of them

I feel they take forever to get back to me from the ship as opposed to the table in wayne manor

SimSim

yea zod gets blown up by a few wake ups off MB ps trait activation

Some that come to mind are gl lift, aqua FTD, Raven lift or squeeze or trait specials
Do you mean in the corner? Because even with a tech roll GL will be too far to lift Zod if MB PS is done full screen?

SimSim

Yea ive noticed there a slight timing difference in some of them

I feel they take forever to get back to me from the ship as opposed to the table in wayne manor
Ah so when you say ship you mean in the left corner at fortress? Yea that one is hellah far and you can activate trait and follow up with a combo, but I think activating, dashing, neutral jump will be the best option for all bgb's. The following mix up will lead to a new combo most of the time I bet, if you are on point with your trait mixups.

SimSim

AK Pig Of The Hut
Also, did you catch the "hidden" tech in my video?:p
If you do 22 xx ground blast charge (keep holding it), slash (when the blast is about to explode) - It will combo. Then you can grab and charge another blast in to a combo. This can be easily hitconfirmed by backdash canceling the ground blast charge if you see they blocked the 22.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
SimSim
is this right?

start up is 50

Against Aquaman, do more s3. + on block, completely safe, leads to a small combo if Laser is used, one hit launches, and if canceled into a Wraith, Aquaman can't punish it

Pig Of The Hut

Against Aquaman, do more s3. + on block, completely safe, leads to a small combo if Laser is used, one hit launches, and if canceled into a Wraith, Aquaman can't punish it
b12 still beats it in footsies

Id like to find better ways to use s3 but ill keep trying

I know how good it is but b12 is far better

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Thank you based SimSim

Taking notes. Might have some new setups after this. 1234 is mediocre.