What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I agree on everything
I thought you would be happy about the batman lol.

I think that it could still be even so I want to play you a bunch at our next tourney. But I just get too many free traits in this MU, and I can punish every b23 with iazc, or do iazb (slow) which gets me a free trait. (So long as you don't have trait). I also do better damage among a few other things. BAtman does do quite well with a life lead, but this isn't unusual against Zod

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I thought you would be happy about the batman lol.

I think that it could still be even so I want to play you a bunch at our next tourney. But I just get too many free traits in this MU, and I can punish every b23 with iazc, or do iazb (slow) which gets me a free trait. (So long as you don't have trait). I also do better damage among a few other things. BAtman does do quite well with a life lead, but this isn't unusual against Zod
I didn't even know about punishing my b23, that's huge. It's for sure in Zod's favor lol. That's like Batman's best string. But yeah I can't get in that easily and I can't stop trait summons except with random full screen grappling hooks which are EASILY punished if read.

We can def play a set at TFC if your going.

But yeah even if Batman has the life lead it isn't that hard for Zod to make a comeback because all you have to do is run away until you get trait and any trait summon can potentially lead to a 40% combo and/or free interactables.

I'll finally admit Aquaman could be slight disadvantage on some stages but 5-5 on interactable-heavy stages. I think Sinestro is always 5-5 tho no matter what

Iamthejewish

General Zod of Israel - *Kneel*
I didn't even know about punishing my b23, that's huge. It's for sure in Zod's favor lol. That's like Batman's best string. But yeah I can't get in that easily and I can't stop trait summons except with random full screen grappling hooks which are EASILY punished if read.

But yeah even if Batman has the life lead it isn't that hard for Zod to make a comeback because all you have to do is run away until you get trait and any trait summon can potentially lead to a 40% combo and/or free interactables.

I'll finally admit Aquaman could be slight disadvantage on some stages but 5-5 on interactable-heavy stages. I think Sinestro is always 5-5 tho no matter what
I still dont understand how can Zod punish batman's B2,3 string.
I punish the 2,2,3 combo everytime (if you block low you can interrupt it with d1,2 into lasers). Full combo punish + safe trait.

I would be glad if you can tell me how to punish the b2,3 combo.

Edit: And also I can interrupt the 1,1,3 combo with d1,2 - or even parry it on reaction.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I punish the 2,2,3 combo everytime (if you block low you can interrupt it with d1,2 into lasers). Full combo punish + safe trait.

Edit: And also I can interrupt the 1,1,3 combo with d1,2 - or even parry it on reaction.
You block b23 then jump before the bomb explodes, and as soon as your feet leave the ground do zod charge (bf2) it should catch me while I'm rolling backwards

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

Like king said, right as he is rolling backwards before the sparks comeout you can jump out. Thus, zod charge the fiorst frame you leave the ground and you will get a punish, or iazb that first frame and you will get a free trait.

What jump you do (Neutral jump or jump back) actually depends if you block the first hit standing or couching, since the block stun changes. Usually you will be caught blocking low against b2 to fuzzy his lows. This increases the blockstun tremendously (Ie., you can no longer NJ out, but you can diagonal jump out). Thus your iazc input (shortcut) should be (up-back)-(down-forward) 2. NJ takes more frames than diagonal jump so diagonal jumping improves the speed of everything by a frame or so.

If you block it standing then just NJ iazc right before the sparks blow up as he is rolling backwards, this is the easiest to input, but the least likely to actually happen.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Undercard

King's ZOD vs @WoundCowboy sinestro and Aquaman

Insert woundcowboy-laugh.mp3 looped

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
0_ô why?
Flash is one of the only MUs for Zod where IAFB doesn't help him. If anything, it hurts him because well timed LC or RMSxx3 will let me punish him for using them. I can also RMS under them at any point.

Zod's trait doesn't do much for Zod in terms of mixups. Zod should only use his trait to get free chip damage or a free interactable. Every time I block a trait swipe, I get a free Dash in, a free LC, a free Flying Uppercut or D2 so if Zod uses his trait and tries to dash in at me while swiping, I can just LC him for a full combo or D2 or whatever. Sometimes, if he swipes at me with the trait and tries to throw an interactable at me, I can do a forward dash into a FU to not only avoid the interactable, but get a 50%+ punish with my own trait. If zod ever goes for his OH trait grab within my LC distance and I block it, I get a full combo punish. If he goes for it within my B2 distance and I block it, I get a 61%+ combo punish.

Even though my B22 whiffs on zod (and only zod) I can stagger the B2 and bait him to whiff punish me with a D12 and just whiff punish him afterwards. And if he knows I'm going for that, he can hold my B2 pressure because my normals have better range and frame advantage over his.

A lot of his normals into MB laser on block can either be jump out of or interrupted with my FU so it can be hard for him to apply pressure.

A lot of instances where he could pop a free trait don't apply against Flash. After he does a close MB laser on block, I could do a LC to beat his trait call. So he has to respect that. After he hits me with a gunshot, he normally would get a free trait call but I can beat it with a LC. After a clash that sends me full screen, he normally gets a free trait call but I could do a forward dash into LC to beat that too. There's other instances as well.

There's other things to the MU but those are some key points. Every zod I face I beat convincingly in long sets. I'm convinced Flash has the tools to put the MU in his favor.

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I approve this matchup chart :) As of recent I'm starting to believe he beats Wonder Woman 7-3 as well
I have thought this as well at times. I find this MU pretty easy. One of those MUs where I get tons of free interactables and traits becasue of Iazbs or lasers putting her full screen. That said she has an air dash (with good mobility) and projectile parry that can allow her to get in with only a few right reads. Also I feel she can stuff Zod's wakeups more easily than the rest of the cast. Although she still has to fear parry). I want to play someone elses WW. Last I played was Goomba and KDZ a few months ago.

I think Flash beats Zod 6-4
I feel like this is the final mystery for Zod. This MU has changed over the games lifespan more than any others. Flashes D2 avoids traits slashes/grabs and is for all intensive purposes unpunishable by Zod (Bullshit). (Also LC avoids trait grab on startup lol wtf?!). I rarely can get trait out safely, without setting up a risky meta games. You are getting much better at stuffing Zods wakeups also which is kind of scary lol. But I still get be better at punishing Flashes stuff too (I can't punish normal LC online lol).

Our set last night was 10-6 and that was after a long hiatus...so I am holding out hope lol. But I think you are right. Zod is not in control of this MU unlike all his other ones.

Want to play right now?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I agree with everything except the Martian Manhunter match up, which Zod loses 7:3, for three reasons, albeit there are more.

You above all Zod players should know that Zod performs best in match ups in which he can control space with instant aerial Zod balls. Against a traditional teleport character, if you bait and block a teleport, you are rewarded with a combo (i.e., versus Batgirl). Martian Manhunter, on the other hand, has a safe teleport, which is very difficult to bait and punish. This "just MB b+3, bro" argument has to stop. If you saw Ducky fight Dab at their most recent local tournament, he baited and punished overhead teleport with MB b+3 only once out of six games in the grand finals.

Martian Manhunter also restricts Zod's movement unlike any other character in Injustice. Punishing Zod's back dash always carries a certain risk. If Flash does MB torpedo, you get a full combo, if Aquaman does From The Deep, you punish with MB charge, if Sinestro does shackles, you punish with MB charge or get a free trait activation, and so on. If Martian Manhunter places an MB orb behind Zod, you get nothing. MB orb has no risk because the recovery is very limited. Furthermore, because Zod cannot walk, he must forward or back dash, which means that predicting movement and placing orbs at the right regions of the screen is relatively easy.

Finally, Zod loses in footsies for the most obvious of reasons. Martian Manhunter's trait returns every eight seconds and allows him to have longer ranged normal attacks than pre-patch Superman. Some of these aerial normal attacks in trait such as j.2 and j.3 punish back dash and are very difficult to anti air properly.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I have thought this as well at times. I find this MU pretty easy. One of those MUs where I get tons of free interactables and traits becasue of Iazbs or lasers putting her full screen. That said she has an air dash (with good mobility) and projectile parry that can allow her to get in with only a few right reads. Also I feel she can stuff Zod's wakeups more easily than the rest of the cast. Although she still has to fear parry). I want to play someone elses WW. Last I played was Goomba and KDZ a few months ago.

I feel like this is the final mystery for Zod. This MU has changed over the games lifespan more than any others. Flashes D2 avoids traits slashes/grabs and is for all intensive purposes unpunishable by Zod (Bullshit). (Also LC avoids trait grab on startup lol wtf?!). I rarely can get trait out safely, without setting up a risky meta games. You are getting much better at stuffing Zods wakeups also which is kind of scary lol. But I still get be better at punishing Flashes stuff too (I can't punish normal LC online lol).

Our set last night was 10-6 and that was after a long hiatus...so I am holding out hope lol. But I think you are right. Zod is not in control of this MU unlike all his other ones.

Want to play right now?
Yeah check FB

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Every zod I face I beat convincingly in long sets.
Oh, yes, of course. I remember when you "convincingly" beat my Zod in the hotel room in Vegas. I also fought you under Pig's account before Evolution when you "convincingly" beat me 10:9.

Zod versus Flash is 5:5.

Pig Of The Hut

Want to play right now?
I agree

My only regret for not attending kit vs work is showing honeybee I've got new answers to flash and the meta

Could be 6-4 but holding on to 5-5 a little longer

Pig Of The Hut

Flash is one of the only MUs for Zod where IAFB doesn't help him. If anything, it hurts him because well timed LC or RMSxx3 will let me punish him for using them. I can also RMS under them at any point.

Zod's trait doesn't do much for Zod in terms of mixups. Zod should only use his trait to get free chip damage or a free interactable. Every time I block a trait swipe, I get a free Dash in, a free LC, a free Flying Uppercut or D2 so if Zod uses his trait and tries to dash in at me while swiping, I can just LC him for a full combo or D2 or whatever. Sometimes, if he swipes at me with the trait and tries to throw an interactable at me, I can do a forward dash into a FU to not only avoid the interactable, but get a 50%+ punish with my own trait. If zod ever goes for his OH trait grab within my LC distance and I block it, I get a full combo punish. If he goes for it within my B2 distance and I block it, I get a 61%+ combo punish.

Even though my B22 whiffs on zod (and only zod) I can stagger the B2 and bait him to whiff punish me with a D12 and just whiff punish him afterwards. And if he knows I'm going for that, he can hold my B2 pressure because my normals have better range and frame advantage over his.

A lot of his normals into MB laser on block can either be jump out of or interrupted with my FU so it can be hard for him to apply pressure.

A lot of instances where he could pop a free trait don't apply against Flash. After he does a close MB laser on block, I could do a LC to beat his trait call. So he has to respect that. After he hits me with a gunshot, he normally would get a free trait call but I can beat it with a LC. After a clash that sends me full screen, he normally gets a free trait call but I could do a forward dash into LC to beat that too. There's other instances as well.

There's other things to the MU but those are some key points. Every zod I face I beat convincingly in long sets. I'm convinced Flash has the tools to put the MU in his favor.
@EMPEROR_THEO @GGA 16 Bit

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Oh, yes, of course. I remember when you "convincingly" beat my Zod in the hotel room in Vegas. I also fought you under Pig's account before Evolution when you "convincingly" beat me 10:9.

Zod versus Flash is 5:5.
The most recent set we had was something like 50-30. Evo was a very long time ago. You can't base MUs off of only that. A lot has changed since then. I play relaxed more than any other zod and he agrees with me.

If you or @Pig Of The Hut want to play me, feel free.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The most recent set we had was something like 50-30. Evo was a very long time ago. You can't base MUs off of only that. A lot has changed since then. I play relaxed more than any other zod and he agrees with me.

If you or @Pig Of The Hut want to play me, feel free.
Nothing has changed in the match up, but the score was 50:30.

I start out-footsing you with standing 3, which is not a good sign for you when m2dave starts beating you in footsies. You then start jumping like a bunny Wound Cowboy and Playing To Win style and I cannot consistently anti air you online.