What's new

Your top 5 games?

What?! Why?! Name another game that allowed you to kill multiple enemies and make it seem like a movie scene like that...
yeah but splinter cell was never about super heroism. in the old games you had to sneak and take on single opponents BECAUSE you were one person vs an army and reasonably weak. this new superman shit felt absolutely out of place. maybe cool for another game, but not splinter cell.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
yeah but splinter cell was never about super heroism. in the old games you had to sneak and take on single opponents BECAUSE you were one person vs an army and reasonably weak. this new superman shit felt absolutely out of place. maybe cool for another game, but not splinter cell.
Since when does slow-mo camera angles make him look like a superhero? Lol. He's using a silenced pistol so it's still about the stealth, you can just choose to do it by takedown or by shooting them. The mark and execute makes him look super focussed and makes him seem like a trained spy imo

Since when does slow-mo camera angles make him look like a superhero? Lol. He's using a silenced pistol so it's still about the stealth, you can just choose to do it by takedown or by shooting them. The mark and execute makes him look super focussed and makes him seem like a trained spy imo
to me "Headshot - 180 turn - Headshot" within 0,1 seconds real time looks as superhero as it gets.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My top 5 of all time
1. RuneScape - I grew up on this game. It was all I played for such a long time, No game held a candle to it in its golden days.
2. COD 4
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Skyrim
5. Diablo 3
Was so happy to see RS in there but then I saw D3.

That shit is not a RPG.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
to me "Headshot - 180 turn - Headshot" within 0,1 seconds real time looks as superhero as it gets.
Well obviously that part's sped up, waiting for that whole slow-mo sequence to go by is unnecessary when the real action is in the actual shots.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm surprised by how many people are listing newer games as their top 5 GOAT. I just started playing Portal 2 for the first time and I can say it is the most original game I've played in years. It's unique and often funny, which is rare. My list isn't in order, but I've decided to leave out fighting games because I think most of us share that in common. Also, I am including the Orange box which technically contains 5 games, but they were released on 1 disc at the same retail price of other games.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
@ZigZag You're the first person I've ever seen who not only likes Halo 4, but also thinks it's the best one.

The True reason why is a combination of the finest animation i've ever seen in a game, I legit could not tell that it was not live action to begin with.
Next to that I thought the story of master chief and his emotions and feelings he shared with Cortana making him feel more human was the best way to take Halo after the first saga of bad assness? lol

Next to that it's infact Spartan ops which adds to its story, the months after Halo 4s events which also make me love the game so much because I found that story to be amazing.

II hated the multiplayer for a long time on it though, Halo 3 was by far the most enjoyable and waaaay more balanced, I liked some of the changes to multiplayer but the DMR was just too good.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
1. Resident Evil (1996)
2. Resident Evil 2 (1998)
3. Resident Evil 3 (1999)
4. Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)

Probably, The Evil Within, Resident Evil Remake (the scheduled 2015 HD version) , The Witcher 3 and MKX will be part of my personal top 10 favorite games, when they come out ..... :D

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
1. Resident Evil (1996)
2. Resident Evil 2 (1998)
3. Resident Evil 3 (1999)
4. Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)

Probably, The Evil Within, Resident Evil Remake (the scheduled 2015 HD version) , The Witcher 3 and MKX will be part of my personal top 10 favorite games, when they come out ..... :D
Chronological order... I like it ^^

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
1.) Zelda: ocarina of time
2.) Demons souls
3.) Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
4.) Mortal Kombat 9
5.) Pokémon (red/blue/gold/silver)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Smash Bros Melee
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Dead Space 1
5. MKX (will have to wait until release to determine where in top 5 this is going but no need to pretend like it wont make the list)

Honorable mentions: Ninja Gaiden Black, Fallout 3, Gears of War 1, Halo 1, Arkham City

Last edited:
Splinter Cell Conviction was pretty bad, but Blacklist is OK.

Mark and Execute is still there, but they greatly reduced the maximum range. You're forced to use killing in Motion to cope with that, so at least even playing a wierd-aggressive Fisher requires some thought.

A pure ghost playthrough is still quite satisfying.

It doesn't hold a candle to Double Agent though.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
1. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Morrowind and up)
2. Fallout:New Vegas (3 and up)
3. Shemnue 2
4. Mass Effect 1(Whole series)

5. Halo 3 (Whole series)

Last edited:

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
1. Super smash bros Melee
2. RuneScape @EMPEROR_JUPITER you hear about the release of oldschool?
3. Wrestlemania 2000
4. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
5. Dbz budokai tenkaichi
They released a new version of runescape called runescape 2007. The game basically has runescape graphics and gameplay from 2007. So the skills stopped at hunter, theres actually quite a lot of people playing it, including me
Yes I played it on release but I got kept getting hacked or "keylogged" as people called it.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
The Crusader is a fucking monster once you get its 6-piece set bonus and like 55% cooldown reduction. I love playing mine.

When you get all the right gear, they can steamroll practically everything.
I really can't wait to try him, I've tried everybody from the ps3 version, so I'm glad he'll be in next gen.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Not in order:
MK
Injustice
Force Unleashed
Gears of war
Infamous

Also DBZ franchise all so epic :D

AssassiN

Noob
- Unreal Tournament series
- Counter-Strike 1.0 - 1.6/Half-Life(with other mods like Team Fortress Classic, Sven co-op, ...)
- GTA Vice City
- Mortal Kombat series
- Doom series

Honorable mentions:
- Quake 2 & 3
- Tomb Raider(1 to 3 & rebooted)
- Max Payne series
- Deus Ex
- Mafia 2
- Bioshock Infinite

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
1. Halo 2 (XBOX)
- Was my first competitive game, was my first online game, first online experience. Nothing has come close to compare to the experience I had with this game.

2. Jade Cocoon 2 (PS2)
- Hands down the best RPG I've played. I still play it every now and then.

3. UMK3 (360)
- Played it back in the day, but really got into it when it came out for the 360 in 2006. Been playing it off and on ever since.

4. CoD4 (360)
- A great shooter, back when CoD was actually good. Was so much fun playing team tactical.

5. Dark Souls (360)
- One of the best games I've played. Not afraid, in this new gaming era, to actually be "hard" and challenge you. Doesn't spoon feed you anything, let's you figure shit out for yourself and create your own journey.

I'm actually playing Jade Cocoon 2 as I type this. I revisit it once or twice a year and play it for a solid month or two. Now, once November hits, I'll be able to play my #1 favorite game of all time again, this time in HD graphics with dedicated servers... so pumped for the Master Chief Collection!

Honorable mentions: Wrath Unleashed, Enchanted Arms, Gears of War (the first one only), Dark Souls 2, MK: Trilogy, Skyrim, Goldeneye 007, Super Mario World, Pokemon R/B/Y, Megaman X, and many more.