What's new

Your "hardest execution heavy character" among all fighting games?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think UMK3 Kung Lao has a good shout if you consider absolutely everything you have to have down at the highest level. Reptile too but he's more matchup knowledge specific than he is outright hard to use.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Viper in sf and umvc. Dante was really hard for me to learn too. bold cancels on reaction are pretty rough.

chores

bad at things
Alpha Pat in SCV/Setsuka SC4 as far as just frames go, and Cervantes IGDR's need to be 100% on point to even think about playing him on high level, as you are full combo punishable if you miss a just frame.
in scv id put alpha pat, cervy, and yoshimitsu up there together. manji fist is no joke.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
SSFIV - Ibuki (Hard to AA with, 1 frame links, super jump cancels, crazy mixups and mind games)
MK9 - Skarlet (Hard to AA with,Insane strategy build up with 2 or more steps ahead on setups, Hit and counter character, blockstring fighter, and just frame Bnbs)
KOF96 - Kyo Kusanagi (armored specials, very hard to use, but very rewarding to play hit and counter)
Tekken - Jin Kazama (Learning to parry everything is a must, MA2 cancels and Mixups, low damaging but very hard hitting)
VF - Akira (this guy doesn't need explanation, top tier at the highest of his execution)
Samurai Shodown V Special - Sogetsu Kazama
Last Blade 2 - Moriya Minakata (Speed) (teleport Glitch Cancel, Speed brust Combos very hard to perform)
DMC4 - Dante (Star rave, Double Weapon Switching, Flying Guard, multile style switching, Jump Cancels, require incredibly fast inputs and muscle memory)
(Crap, the last one is not a fighting game lol)
DarkSlayerSmith, just get your ass here mofo!

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
Eddy Wang...i'm here you favorite mofo of mama!
SSFIV - Gouken (Hard to AA with,most of his specials moves are punishable, super cancels are on a pain in the fingers and the controller and mind games)
MK9 - Liu Kang (Hard to AA with,hard to parry,bait,mix up,punish with, blockstring fighter and zoner, ) Sheeva(AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...(serious face now!)NO COMMENTS. KOF96 - Vice (hard to punish,low offensive,grapple character,allways need to close the gap to win.)
Tekken - King (Learning to parry and grapple everything is a must, grapple command list his hard to memorize and execute , slow normals, very hard hitting)
VF - The game commands inputs,Akira (must massage fingers everyday before knowing him,execution on frame.) Samurai Shodown V Special - Scarllet,Rimururu,Jubei
Last Blade 2 - Moriya (Speed of execution,forgott the rest because of the trama he gave me on Mugen!)

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Tekken- Kazuya Cuz yeah getting down consistent EWGF will destroy your thumbs plus add in wd mixups etc all to get scrubbed out by laws mashing dragon tail is the way to live
UMVC3- Zero cuz lightning loops mmmm Breakfast of champions and Dante Shot loops cuz Capcom cant balance shit and doing like 6 1f links ina row for %30 less damage thatn the games previous damage is what Dante mains do
Otherwise fuck high execution bullshit its not fun or necessary

SC- Setsuka
Tekken- Bryan and King
KOF- Benimaru and Raiden
SSFIV- Gen and Viper (not really good at the game though so I may be wrong)
MK- Skarlet by far
Injustice- Cyborg

Thinking of picking up VF5. It's really weird that the game's posterboy (Akira) is considered the hardest character in the game. Scorpion, the shotos, Batman/Superman and most of the main tekken guys are pretty easy to play

None of the mishimas are easy to play like at all
Whoops, wrote tekken instead of Soul Calibur. I agree that the Mishimas are a pain to play. In Soul Calibur Mitsurugi, Siegfried and Nightmare and Kilik are really easy from an execution standpoint despite the multiple stances some of them use

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Guilty Gear and KOF in general are difficult for me, Darkstalkers 2 as well, but super fuckin fun when you can start finally pulling things off,

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Whoops, wrote tekken instead of Soul Calibur. I agree that the Mishimas are a pain to play. In Soul Calibur Mitsurugi, Siegfried and Nightmare and Kilik are really easy from an execution standpoint despite the multiple stances some of them use
I used to like talim in SC2, dunno what happened to that girl, she used to be awesome.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Came in here to say I-no and Eddie. Lol..

Ivy's special command grab always looked like the contra code for me. Gave up on that shit immediately.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
MK9 - Skarlet
KoF 98 - Kim
KOF XIII - Ash (I refuse to even attempt those like minute and a half bullshit combos he has), most chars
GG - Ino
BB:CS - Hazama, Carl
SSBM - Fox, Falco, most chars when played "right" (I believe this to be the highest execution fighting game of all time at the professional level)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Shout outs to anybody mentioning anything in ST. Little known fact about ST: it was not actually programmed with computer code, but rather cobbled together via mysterious, ancient arcane magic, and to ever execute anything consistently you must sacrifice ten unsuspecting newbies atop a World Warrior cabinet, while screaming "SHENG LONG, I STAND YOUR CHANCE!"

Yup.

More seriously, many of ST's eccentricities come down to one of the most poorly coded and strict command interpreters of all time. Due to the way it handles its display frames and due to actual randomness purposefully programmed into the engine, certain things are actually impossible to do 100% of the time. One I remember, despite not having played ST in any serious capacity for well over half a decade, is Ryu's c. short x2 xx super. It can combo, but whether it actually does depends on hitting the right frames. It's very, very weird. Another eccentricity I remember is that shoryukens for both Ryu and Ken actually have a variable, randomly determined window they can be successfully executed in - you get anywhere from 7 to 15 frames to input the command and have a shoryuken come out.

On that note, my personal hardest character would in fact be an ST character, probably primarily because I generally shy away from execution heavy characters - not enough patience to learn them. Dee Jay, however, I played for years, and had to learn stuff like his crossup j.MK xx c.LP xx c.LP xx Machine Gun Upper and do it consistently to be optimal. I can still do the same combo with dread kicks instead in my sleep, but I've long since lost the machine gun upper one.