What's new

Your experience with the new "Meter Burn Back Three"

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Makes MB b3/f3 a way better tool, but I'm not replacing unmetered ones in my combos or doing bounce cancels anytime soon.

It's pretty awesome. I used to play the demo and MBDC through interactables wondering why it didn't reduce damage. It will definetly be used more. I wanted to figure out some more bounce cancel combos with batman and bane as well, can't find it on the threads though (combos look outdated). I'll keep looking!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I like to go to level 3 venom and MB b.3

shit does like 4% lmao

then I'll spend two more bars and hit someone for 70%, so rewarding. <3

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Fairly useless for NW...gets more damage burning meter on his special moves than the b3 :(

Great for helping with his interactable problem tho!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I hate b3 armored because it's braindead/cheap. They buffed it, now noobs can abuse of it. Great.
I don't think it's brain dead, just another tool to use for everyone

I don't think anybody can abuse it but it's an outstanding defensive tool on read

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I don't think it's brain dead, just another tool to use for everyone

I don't think anybody can abuse it but it's an outstanding defensive tool on read

Defensive ? As long as you can attack with armor (+50%) it's not only a defensive tool.

And it's not 100% braindead, but 95% because the execution is braindead, the risk/reward is braindead (1 bar, ok) escpecially since the buff, and the strategy is braindead.

I'm exagerating but I don't like this NRS armor politic since the last mk9 patch.

E

Eldriken

I've been tinkering with it. If you have two bars to spare and your opponent has like 30% health or less, you can MB B3 and then MB F3 for 29% unclashable damage. This of course only applies if they don't hit you during the animation.

Probably not very viable due to a number of things, but it's something to possibly keep in mind for unclashable damage if the opportunity presents itself.

E

Eldriken

I like to go to level 3 venom and MB b.3

shit does like 4% lmao

then I'll spend two more bars and hit someone for 70%, so rewarding. <3
How much damage does an MB B3 do with level 3 Venom with the 50% extra damage? I'd imagine it does some stupid damage so long as you don't get hit before landing the B3.

Hell, you ought to go into practice, get level 3 Venom and do MB B3 and then MB B3/F3 and see the damage on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was upwards of 40%~ unclashable damage off of two hits.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
How much damage does an MB B3 do with level 3 Venom with the 50% extra damage? I'd imagine it does some stupid damage so long as you don't get hit before landing the B3.

Hell, you ought to go into practice, get level 3 Venom and do MB B3 and then MB B3/F3 and see the damage on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was upwards of 40%~ unclashable damage off of two hits.
yeah it's in the low 40's I think. I believe a raw MB b.3 does close to 25%?

f.2.d~MBB3 MBF3 is 49% unclashable too, but for 3 bars. :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Defensive ? As long as you can attack with armor (+50%) it's not only a defensive tool.

And it's not 100% braindead, but 95% because the execution is braindead, the risk/reward is braindead (1 bar, ok) escpecially since the buff, and the strategy is braindead.

I'm exagerating but I don't like this NRS armor politic since the last mk9 patch.
Says a Skarlet, Rain and Flash Player.

LOL

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Says a Skarlet, Rain and Flash Player.

LOL

Rain's armor wasn't braindead at all. Dunno for skarlet, at least the slash was fucking unsafe. Flash ? Is he cheaper than the other ?

I like the idea that some characters got armors, but not everyone.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Rain's armor wasn't braindead at all. Dunno for skarlet, at least the slash was fucking unsafe. Flash ? Is he cheaper than the other ?

I like the idea that some characters got armors, but not everyone.
Well Rain had plenty of armor to give and sell and remain safe.
Skarlet tho, she wasn't broken besides it was her only defense move, thank god it was like that, otherwise i honestly dunno how bad she would be, since she is a double edge sword character.

I really don't care if everyone has armor, i like the fact that MB B3 buffed characters who couldn't even get damage on their combos, but this also brought consequences and now you have Lobo doing 44% unclashable for MB3 starter, Bane with trait + MB B3.

Scorps with Damage buff + MB B3 buff.
Aquaman already had great damage, but now he also benefict himself from the MB B3 buff

But i can live with it honestly.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Well Rain had plenty of armor to give and sell and remain safe.

Rain's armors don't allow him to make overhead or low. You have only 3 bars and meter is also used for breakers on the first round.

And at the end, almost everyone had armors anyway.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Rain's armors don't allow him to make overhead or low. You have only 3 bars and meter is also used for breakers on the first round.

And at the end, almost everyone had armors anyway.
Rain's armor isn't one hit and does(edits) let him tank whatever

Nobody has an armored low. You have an overhead and a mid and both are generally slow as hell.

MB bounces are fine, lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Rain's armor isn't one hit and does(edits) let him tank whatever

Nobody has an armored low. You have an overhead and a mid and both are generally slow as hell.

MB bounces are fine, lol

Rain needs his armor to get in since he has the worse zoning of the game and shit dash. Dunno if most of the cast on igau needs it. It's cheap so I can understand some ppl like it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Rain needs his armor to get in since he has the worse zoning of the game and shit dash. Dunno if most of the cast on igau needs it. It's cheap so I can understand some ppl like it.
Worse than Cage?

I didn't say he doesn't, but they're entirely different in purpose, MB b.3 will never get you in on character's zoning.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Not to derail the thread. But where do you guys find those derpy looking avatars? I see kabal, Nightwolf, Grundy, doomsday, and I've also seen Catwoman and the flash. First time I saw one I was in class and I almost had to walk out cus I was laughing for like 10 minutes

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
As far as the mb f/b3 I always wondered if it was worth it because for some characters who don't build meter as quick as others 1 hit of armor doesn't seem worth it. Now that it's not purely defensive anymore I think it is going to change te gameplay now but for the better