What's new

"You will definitely see a Mortal Kombat 4 character", Boon tells TRMK in interview

Pick your fav MK4 char to be playable in MKX

• Total voters

gamesun

Noob
Never got invested with these characters, heck most of the new cast past mk3 were extremely hit or miss. Out of all these characters I feel Fujin is the one worth being amongst the other MK cast, plus I would put
Shinnock but if they redesigned him.

Last edited:

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Kai was my boy in MK4 so he gets my vote here. He definitely has the tools for MKX to exhibit some amazing variation styles. I remember he had a handstand stance that gave him a few special moves, maybe NRS can improve on that for a variation style. Another variation could be implemented with his lightening staff that raiden gave him; the playstyle could be similar to nightwing's staff stance.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I don't get all the Kai hate, he was one of the only cool characters back in MK4. His down and up fireballs were unique, and so was his handstand. It's true he didn't get a cool makeover in MKA like Shinnok, Reiko and Fujin (Kai was actually quite lame in that game), but I still think he has a lot of potencial and would rather have him anyday over characters like Stryker, Reiko or Kabal.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Never got invested with these characters, heck most of the new cast past mk3 were extremely hit or miss. Out of all these characters I feel Fujin is the kong one worth being amongst the other MK cast, plus I would put
Shinnock but if they redesigned him.
I'll list the good characters after MK3!!

1. Reiko
2. Fujin
3. Kenshi
4. Shujinko
5. Taven
6. Daegon
7. Quan Chi
8. Shinnok
9. Tanya
10. Nitara
11. Sareena
12. Havik
13. Drahmin
14. Moloch
15. Meat
16. Onaga
17. Blaze
18. Skarlet

Tell me I'm wrong. I don't even like all of the above list but those are some cool characters!!

Omg, the shitstorm has just begun...

Kai in Liu kang's shoes? No.
Jarek in Kano's? No.
Tanya in Jade's's spot? Hell no.
Reiko.... Please.
Fujin maybe ok, shinnok totally ok

Espio

Kokomo
Kai - A good compliment to the current Earthrealm survivors plus a good spiritual successor to Liu Kang, would love to see him with more emphasis on acrobatic moves maybe something like Capoeira.

Jarek- Yes, I want this character back even though most people don't lol, but give him his ropes and weird attacks like that he had in MK Armageddon.

I imagine his footsies could be absolutely incredible and if done right he could have a really fresh look and design.

Tanya: Hopefully they blend her fire powers/magic with her twisting flip kick, drill kick and neck snap. I feel that combination would be phenomenal.

I voted for Kai though <3 <3.

gamesun

Noob
I'll list the good characters after MK3!!

1. Reiko
2. Fujin
3. Kenshi
4. Shujinko
5. Taven
6. Daegon
7. Quan Chi
8. Shinnok
9. Tanya
10. Nitara
11. Sareena
12. Havik
13. Drahmin
14. Moloch
15. Meat
16. Onaga
17. Blaze
18. Skarlet

Tell me I'm wrong. I don't even like all of the above list but those are some cool characters!!
I just notice I put Kong for no reason lol, blame my phone for that.

Still most of the character you put aren't really good imo. I feel Kenshin, Fujin, and Quan Chi are the only ones that look and have an interesting story that goes along MK lore. Several of those characters you listed have some cool stories behind them but look awful, for instance Onaga, he's the former ruler of out world and once had Kahn under him as an adviser. It's always interesting to see how villains came to be, but he looks like a reject from Dead or Alive or Tekken. Again I think most of these characters just look awful and might as well be deleted from the MK world, like meat lmao.