What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

Tweedy

Noob
How are you guys going about trying to make your 50/50s safe with Sektor? I feel like you have to mix it up depending on the match up.

For example, vs Mileena the last rocket in EX missiles will often whiff, so instead I will do B1 or B3 into teleport, and if blocked, I will EX air dash and be left at -3.

Against Tempest Kung Lao, this is not an option. EX spin quickly blows up B3 or B1 into teleport on block, before I ever get the chance to EX air dash. However, with him having a bit of a higher hitbox, the EX missiles work just fine.

Edit: The last missile can also whiff vs Lao off of the low. It doesn't matter vs Tempest, because the pushback will make EX spin whiff, regardless.

Last edited:
What are people using for pressure? I've been using f43 to close gaps, and either 1112, f212bb or pokes followed by b12+4 or f13. His zoning is great, but I can't find much that pressures well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What are people using for pressure? I've been using f43 to close gaps, and either 1112, f212bb or pokes followed by b12+4 or f13. His zoning is great, but I can't find much that pressures well.
I dont know what you mean by pressure. I mean you aren't gonna do anything A-List esque with Sektor. But I'll usually try to space out a B2 into flame burner, if I land a D3 I will 50/50 since its plus 18 or if i don't have the bar to make it safe I will F212bb into missile. I'll throw quite often as will since they will be worried about the 50/50 or F13 or something like that.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I like using f13 and f131 ex up missle. Ita a good stagger but it depends on how your opponent is playing. If they poking every attempt to stagger you can prolly do f1 walk back then f1 on their wiff recovery. And f131 ex up rocket will chase them and have to stop or they will get hit and your turn again

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Has anyone found a use for his f131 string? What is it there for exactly??
I use it for stagger and to cancel into things. Like f131 ex up rocket will chase them. F131 ex rocket will bet you a tele combo if they try and hit a button. Proly even do burner after for chip

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
What are the general advices for changing Sektor's gameplan after the hotfix?
It seems that I have less success with him now and I want to know what I'm doing wrong.
I don't even use up rockets too much because they running against me every time I use them.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
What are the general advices for changing Sektor's gameplan after the hotfix?
It seems that I have less success with him now and I want to know what I'm doing wrong.
I don't even use up rockets too much because they running against me every time I use them.
Since 75% of triborg strings start high, I go for low poke (d3/d1) into said high string if they are hit, otherwise I back off and and try to catch a jump with air dash or a run/idle non blocking with b2 into tp. (Only do this option if you have meter) If the tp is blocked I ex air dash and hope it doesnt fuck up and land close. His zoning isnt all that great imo, cant make trades with sub zero or cyrax anymore because of the nerf to Up Rocket.

I play him like shinnok. Go in for a safe string, 1:blocked>back off and try to space hell sparks and iatp when I see a projectile. Hit: combo like hell then back off. Try to catch a f2 if possible.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Since 75% of triborg strings start high, I go for low poke (d3/d1) into said high string if they are hit, otherwise I back off and and try to catch a jump with air dash or a run/idle non blocking with b2 into tp. (Only do this option if you have meter) If the tp is blocked I ex air dash and hope it doesnt fuck up and land close. His zoning isnt all that great imo, cant make trades with sub zero or cyrax anymore because of the nerf to Up Rocket.

I play him like shinnok. Go in for a safe string, 1:blocked>back off and try to space hell sparks and iatp when I see a projectile. Hit: combo like hell then back off. Try to catch a f2 if possible.
Thank you for your advice.
I practice this, tonight!

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
So does anyone else think they will adjust the up rockets again cause as they are now, they aren't favorable in almost any situation besides using it on knockdown. I hope they give it 15 frames back or make all 3 rockets hit on block/armor
Also has flameburner been whiffing on some jumpins?