What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

methademic

UPR Methademic
So does anyone else think they will adjust the up rockets again cause as they are now, they aren't favorable in almost any situation besides using it on knockdown. I hope they give it 15 frames back or make all 3 rockets hit on block/armor
Also has flameburner been whiffing on some jumpins?
I feel like it wiffs only when they are directly over you but I don't have much experience with it tbh

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
So does anyone else think they will adjust the up rockets again cause as they are now, they aren't favorable in almost any situation besides using it on knockdown. I hope they give it 15 frames back or make all 3 rockets hit on block/armor
Also has flameburner been whiffing on some jumpins?
EX flameburner sometimes whiff on cross up and jump ins. It happens when someone jump above Sektor's head. Seems an hitbox issues...
Also, I think that frame data for uprockets, now, limit the use of them.
Hit advantage seems fair but better recovery could be good because you can zone and setup sitations and mind games.
Now it's too risky.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Do we have anything that gives us an advantage? I've completely cut out any strimg unsafe in the neutral and am stuck using the direct lo/oh after a jip cause before I would cancel everything into up rockets and they would either block which then I grab or would go for an attck and get hit or use armored move and I would block it and get a combo off rockets. Now that that's all gone neutral has become very limited

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Do we have anything that gives us an advantage? I've completely cut out any strimg unsafe in the neutral and am stuck using the direct lo/oh after a jip cause before I would cancel everything into up rockets and they would either block which then I grab or would go for an attck and get hit or use armored move and I would block it and get a combo off rockets. Now that that's all gone neutral has become very limited
F13 staggers seem to be working for me. F1 then b1 if they looking for the low. Or f131 ex up rocket will hit them if they try to attack. If they block early its a free 50-50 or like 114 or 21 pressure. Ending rounds and games with ex up rocket feela dirty lol. I was playing @Yoaks last night i would be at the end of the game with 2-3 bars i saved and then at full screen shooting ex up rockets, then straight missles. Then ex straight missle if he to catch the run , then another ex up rocket and he would hit me and the rocket would come around and blow his ass up. Lololol

Yoaks

A spaceman
F13 staggers seem to be working for me. F1 then b1 if they looking for the low. Or f131 ex up rocket will hit them if they try to attack. If they block early its a free 50-50 or like 114 or 21 pressure. Ending rounds and games with ex up rocket feela dirty lol. I was playing @Yoaks last night i would be at the end of the game with 2-3 bars i saved and then at full screen shooting ex up rockets, then straight missles. Then ex straight missle if he to catch the run , then another ex up rocket and he would hit me and the rocket would come around and blow his ass up. Lololol
Compelety fair.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I can still break armor in corner by ending the combo with 114. I was beating Kung Laos spin with f1.

What I would do is f212bb teleport 4 ex exteleport 114 uprockets and follow up with f13 and break armor and combo. The timing is kinda tight I would get sucked up sometimes but still break the armor.

I know the last thread about this was before patch and said use 1112

This char is harder to use than I anticipated. Maybe its because i keep going up against alien, erron, sub, ect with low fast advancing specials that go under missile. And it seems like using up rocket is usually asking to be punished. /shrug its day 2

Afumba

Noob
Is EX straight Missile supposed to be unsave-ish in blockstrings or am i just doing something wrong?

Fought a KJ (Bojutsu) for about two hours and he punished me for it like most of the time, even without armoring.

He blocked the string, ducked during the missiles, last missile whiffs and he punished me after either with lunge kick or s4~golfswing~combo before i could recover :-/

Went in the lab and i was able to punish this consistent enough with Jin and Ermac myself without armoring. Only time it was real hard to do was out of ~max range b1; the closer Sektor is the easier it gets. Hmm... :-(

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Is EX straight Missile supposed to be unsave-ish in blockstrings or am i just doing something wrong?

Fought a KJ (Bojutsu) for about two hours and he punished me for it like most of the time, even without armoring.

He blocked the string, ducked during the missiles, last missile whiffs and he punished me after either with lunge kick or s4~golfswing~combo before i could recover :-/

Went in the lab and i was able to punish this consistent enough with Jin and Ermac myself without armoring. Only time it was real hard to do was out of ~max range b1; the closer Sektor is the easier it gets. Hmm... :-(
Was it only when the last missle hit? Cause it seems safe if the last missle hits. On wiff sektor cant move for a while sad face

Afumba

Noob
Was it only when the last missle hit? Cause it seems safe if the last missle hits. On wiff sektor cant move for a while sad face
It was on whiff... but you can make the last rocket whiff almost all the time. You block the string and go to crouch block during ex missiles. The last missiles will fly over your head and whiff. You can even release block and it wont hit you if timed right. Gives enough time for stuff like Ermacs lift/push/f4, Jins lunge kick/s4, Mileenas highpounce or Subs slide to hit you. And the closer Sektor is the more easy it is.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It was on whiff... but you can make the last rocket whiff almost all the time. You block the string and go to crouch block during ex missiles. The last missiles will fly over your head and whiff. You can even release block and it wont hit you if timed right. Gives enough time for stuff like Ermacs lift/push/f4, Jins lunge kick/s4, Mileenas highpounce or Subs slide to hit you. And the closer Sektor is the more easy it is.
I was about to say this in reply to @MsMiharo 's post...

This was the first thing I thought about when using Sektor... I immediately tried to see if he had safe 50/50s.... But yeah, EX missiles kan be ducked on the last hit, sadly.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I didn't get to try him (with the exception of trying him at ESL) until this Saturday so I was a bit underwhelmed with what I noticed.

Unsafe overhead and low if he wants to go into a full kombo, up missiles with minimal (no?) block stun, straight missiles hit high, and lacking klose up missile enders...

I kan't believe I would miss MK9 Sektor...

How does everyone else feel about him? Any post-hotfix matches out there...?
@NKZero @LEGEND @PND_Ketchup @Red Raptor @GGA pimpimjim

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
is the only tech he has is wakeup breaking setups? because besides that sektor seems pretty honest to me.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Doing EX missiles point blank is at least -12 if the opponent lets go of block for the last hit, you can punish with Cutthroats f2.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Im having a blast with Sektor so far, Ive done totally fine with him against pretty much all opponents so far with the exception of foxy's Mileena, but Im calling it now, Mileena gives Triborg across the board real trouble IMO.

Sektor doesnt seem ridiculous since the UM nerf, but I still get people tell me he's broken, so it's whatever right now.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Im having a blast with Sektor so far, Ive done totally fine with him against pretty much all opponents so far with the exception of foxy's Mileena, but Im calling it now, Mileena gives Triborg across the board real trouble IMO.

Sektor doesnt seem ridiculous since the UM nerf, but I still get people tell me he's broken, so it's whatever right now.
MU sounds tough in theory. Haven't played it enough with @bdizzle2700 to really say but I can see Mileena just raw rolling his gaps. And I'm sure she can punish any string followed by UM with roll. She probably outranges him, counter zones him to hell and on knockdown he has to be carefull of f12b4 and b12 to catch wu backdash.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Sektor's f1 is +20 on hit. I know everyone knows but I dont see anyone using it. f1, 50/50 mix up or throw. I notice people love mashing attacks after EH flame thrower (+12 on hit), f1(8frames) will catch them, or if you make a read if u can for f13 combo.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Sektor's f1 is +20 on hit. I know everyone knows but I dont see anyone using it. f1, 50/50 mix up or throw. I notice people love mashing attacks after EH flame thrower (+12 on hit), f1(8frames) will catch them, or if you make a read if u can for f13 combo.
I think ppl dont use it all the time is cause its a high and ppl poke out if they know you use it alot or d2 cause why not. And after ex flame you can go for a free low check(space dependent) or a really fast b1. So just about a free 50-50. Although going for a f1 isnt bad cause it reaches far and is really safe.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I think ppl dont use it all the time is cause its a high and ppl poke out if they know you use it alot or d2 cause why not. And after ex flame you can go for a free low check(space dependent) or a really fast b1. So just about a free 50-50. Although going for a f1 isnt bad cause it reaches far and is really safe.
6frames d1s will be out OH 18fs. Eh flame thrower is +12 on hit, they cant hit you with a d2 or d1 or even armored move if you go for f1.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
6frames d1s will be out OH 18fs. Eh flame thrower is +12 on hit, they cant hit you with a d2 or d1 or even armored move if you go for f1.
Def not on hit they cant do anything your right. And technically (frame wise) ex flame on hit into b1 will trade with 6 frame d1s(18-12=6) so it would have to be frame perfect to trade. Now they can armor but like you said if you go for a f1 theyll get hit pushing buttons.

maybe you should take your own advice instead of sending people ragemail when you lose