What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

Here's what I have been doing with Sektor. My combo into mixup. 38% first combo then 33% off missiles. 71% if you hit it all and it ends with a second missle mixup.
Not a real mixup there. If you do b1 or b3 then it is but because there's no hard to blockable a knowledgeable opponent will block.

To be fair, f21 is safe against most things, and only a 7f reversal and 6f move will punish it, although you do lose your turn. You don't necessarily need to commit to it unless you're against Lao or someone like that, in which case you can kinda do ex bf1 to try to save yourself from a punish.
Lao, Kang, Reptile, Sub Zero, Mileena, Kitana, Cassie, Jax, Triborg himself etc all punish it easily.. It's negative 8. . I wouldn't put that stagger in my game plan if I were you bro.. I'm not worried about the gaps anymore tho, I understand why they're there

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm having a ton of trouble getting flame burner to even come out, never get it at all on wake up.

Seriously why is the input dd? I feel like I can't react to anti air with it at all.

Last edited:

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I was practicing my instant air teleports and thinking about how it has less startup frames is why it's done, but don't the few frames from the jump itself off set that? Just a thought that confused me and I was hoping someone here could clarify for me, thanks.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Getting locked down by up missle followed by straight missile. Can't seem to do anything except take the chip or get hit by one. Playing as Cyrax. Any tips?

Not a real mixup there. If you do b1 or b3 then it is but because there's no hard to blockable a knowledgeable opponent will block.
Unfortunately the 21 ender can be nullified by a delayed wakeup or techroll. Granted if you read the tech roll, you can send the missle behind them. A njp slap at the end beats delayed wakeup.

My inexperience with the character lead to me leaving quite a bit of damage on the table. It is also my first time playing against an Alien. Any feedback would be welcomed.

0:15

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Question, when people say sektor can make both his 50/50 safe, they are referring to his b1/b3 ex straight missile right?
You can also do B3/b1 into tele and on block use the air charge to mess with peoples punishes.

However, when you do it off b3 there is a weird thing where you get blocked and go to the other side where you land closer and still at -15 so its risky. Its mainly a guessing game to mess with them trying to punish the normal tele.