What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Damn, rolls and meditation make every match so interesting and funny :)
I hope we can see smth like that or much more crazy on future tournaments :)
That is a nice demonstration of some neat DM stuff.

I agree about seeing more at high level. I was disappointed to not see Forever King use the roll at alluring the matches I've seen.

I feel like it is his strongest tool in DM and it's the reason I love the variation so much.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
So apparently since he got a running speed buff, can DM combo from DD3 3 into RC 1 2, DF2, RC 1,2,1, DF1 easier Like In Hro Kahn's combo video?

Edit: Forgot a 2 in the combo

Last edited:

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
What kinds of match ups do you guys think bartitsu shines over drunken master
Enemies with long pokes. Like dvorah and takeda. d3 or whatever is much faster in bart than d4 is in the other two.

So apparently since he got a running speed buff, can DM combo from dd3 3 into RC 1, DF2, RC 1,2,1, DF1 easier Like In Hro Kahn's combo video?
That would be nice, did they buff his backdash? I actually came here to bitch about DM getting nerfed over the other 2vars with the damage scaling and reduction in fartstun. Its hard e fucking nuff to get in and do damage with DM, and he has the single most dangerous and detrimental variation effect in the game, i dont see why he should be nerfed. I am hoping that they shadowbuffed him or something.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So apparently since he got a running speed buff, can DM combo from dd3 3 into RC 1, DF2, RC 1,2,1, DF1 easier Like In Hro Kahn's combo video?
Dude ive been trying to do this for effing longest lol hopefully it works now. Finna hop on live real quick

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
As far as I can tell, I can't seem to tell a difference in the damage scaling. Most of my meterless midscreens still hit the same as before the patch, and I still use Drink in between combos.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It's there. Noticing about 1-2% percent difference.

db4, b233~db3 (22%)

db4, dd1, b233~db3 (20%)

(Level 3 drunk before): b233~dd3-3, NJP, F2~db4, b233~dd3-3, 21, d1~db1 (45%)

(Same thing with dd1 after fart): b233~dd3-3 NJP, F2~db4, dd1, b233~dd3-3, 21, d1~db1 (43%)

Marinjuana

Gonna miss the JI2 shenanigans.

Happy about the (b3, throw) change though, a whiff was a poor reward for a nicely spaced b3.

I've been playing around with him and trying to find out the significance of his drunk exclusive moves. Drunk Level 2&3 Db1 has an armor gap but it's his strongest armored wake up in level 3 if you don't puke. Df1 (Level 2) has way more advantage. And what exactly is the purpose of Ex DD3? At first I thought it had invincibility frames but I'm not so sure.

That being said he had a lot of mind games with meditate. Its the only variation I've been using for the past 4 hours aha
Try armored dd3 against Tremor's ground ball thing.

Marinjuana

Anyone else finding quick drinking after DF1/Multi-slap to be really tight?

During Sloppy Slaps and it's variations it's seems really generous where you can input dd1 but I'm having trouble landing it consistently with Multi Slap.

themanDan

The saw is family
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a neat little trick with bo's b4 into meditation. You can side switch an opponent with jip1~b4d~roll towards. Literally just caught this, but I'm sure it's already been talked about lol.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Anyone else finding quick drinking after DF1/Multi-slap to be really tight?

During Sloppy Slaps and it's variations it's seems really generous where you can input dd1 but I'm having trouble landing it consistently with Multi Slap.
You can mash it if your into that kind of stuff... Apparently thats taboo

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
First after patch online matches, thanks God, DM still doesn't look bad :)

Here are few meditation tricks.
And ye, few of them are unsafe, I understand. So I'm not gonna tell that you should do it 24/7, but this will help your gameplan to be more different.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin

And ye, few of them are unsafe, I understand. So I'm not gonna tell that you should do it 24/7, but this will help your gameplan to be more different.
I must say I am Jealous of your skill with Drunken Master. You won't mind if i take some of your setups do you?

BowsersDad

Low tier

Beautiful. There's so much potential just from laying in meditate lol it makes your opponent think twice about throwing out projectiles, as you are already in position to roll under it and get in on him. You can also roll away from someone trying to pressure you and bait a jump in, to which you can just fart lol not to mention switching sides with the opponent if need be. SO MUCH MOBILITY

lmx17

Noob
Was it known that you can avoid vomiting during quick drink (dd1) by jumping instead of risking going for a quick drink again?