What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Yes could've jumpined into 21 into full combo but I was so happy I hit something I just mashed whatever came into my brain. Eventually when I begin to feel the character more I probably wouldn't do unoptimal stuff. I hope ^^
Hahaha yeah I hear ya. Takes a while to get everything right on reaction

themanDan

The saw is family
Man, the vomit timer is making me lose so many matches, 10 seconds is not nearly enough time.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a weird glitch when fighting relentless Jason; when Bo vomits (from drinking) in red screen, the red screen effect goes away, but the controls are still jumbled up, however it still lasts for the same amount of time (if there were two seconds left on red screen when Bo vomited, there would still be two seconds left, you just can't really tell when the special has ended because the screen is no longer red).

Another thing, there seems to be a problem with specials that you can cancel into drink online, that work perfectly fine offline. For example, I almost can never get a drink after EX BF4 in an online match, no matter how I time the input, it seems completely random; offline, I can input the drink special at anytime during the EX BF4 animation and get the drink. Grab and ground pound seem to work perfectly fine on and offline.

edit:
Alright, seriously, drink off of ex bf4 will not come out at all, can we get this fixed?

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
jump 2 has that advantage to where they can't even jump out. They have to either react to the low or guess if the grab is coming.

This doesn't just apply to Bartitsu btw which is why im posting it here. As you can see, the opponent can't jump out of his f4 overhead or his sweep (B4).
I have been messing with this and have some of the most dirty stuff I have ever seen. Will be making video soon

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
List of moves which can be extended into dd3->2:
- 11;
- 12;
- 121;
- 1212;
- 41;
- 2;
- f2;
- 3;
- b3;
- f3 (corner only);
- f21 (corner only).

List of moves which can be extended into dd3->3:
- 2;
- f2;
- b12;
- b233;
- 244;
- b32;
- f21 (corner only)

Safe mix ups in corner:

So, b3/f3 can be extended into dd3->2 on hit and it leads to full 39% meterless combo and level 3 drunk. On block, b3 and f3 (ye, I know, that f3 is 0 on block, but we should input dd3 immediately after it anyway) are safe because of meditation rolls, which you can also cancel into dd4->dd1 (but it's not necessary; depends on situation).

List of moves which can be extended into dd3->2:
- 11;
- 12;
- 121;
- 1212;
- 41;
- 2;
- f2;
- 3;
- b3;
- f3 (corner only);
- f21 (corner only).

List of moves which can be extended into dd3->3:
- 2;
- f2;
- b12;
- b233;
- 244;
- b32;
- f21 (corner only)

Safe mix ups in corner:

So, b3/f3 can be extended into dd3->2 on hit and it leads to full 39% meterless combo and level 3 drunk. On block, b3 and f3 (ye, I know, that f3 is 0 on block, but we should input dd3 immediately after it anyway) are safe because of meditation rolls, which you can also cancel into dd4->dd1 (but it's not necessary; depends on situation).
Can't you get more than dd4 after spin since it should count as a whiff, no?

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Just found out that you can do dd1 two times after db4, then do ji2 -> b233 and it will be still one combo!
So here's new midscreen to corner, no dd1 setup, meterless 39% combo:
21, RC, 12, db4, dd1, dd1, jump in + 2, b233, dd3, 3, f21, db1, dd1 - 39%

It will work with every character on every arena EXCEPT Dead woods.

(second combo is:
21, RC, 12, db4, dd1, jump in + 2, b233, dd3, 3, f21, db2 - 40%

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Just found out that you can do dd1 two times after db4, then do ji2 -> b233 and it will be still one combo!
So here's new midscreen to corner, no dd1 setup, meterless 39% combo:
21, RC, 12, db4, dd1, dd1, jump in + 2, b233, dd3, 3, f21, db1, dd1 - 39%

It will work with every character on every arena EXCEPT Dead woods.

(second combo is:
21, RC, 12, db4, dd1, jump in + 2, b233, dd3, 3, f21, db2 - 40%
why not deadwoods?