What's new

WWE 2K15 (possible alt cover art pics and thoughts)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
The gameplay footage I saw today of this on Neogaf does not please sadly...at least running around all day blows up your stamina to force people into goin into rock paper scissors scenarios rather than run and gun setups all day, but Its looking a lot like they never really solved the gameplay as deeply as I hoped.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yes, I have, lol. One button reversals does not determine whether it's a game.

Also, I prefer one button reversals ;)
One button reversals make the game too easy, all you have to do is learn the timing and boom, with a reversal for strike and one for grapple will add back the reversal depth from the old games

Cody

Noob
One button reversals make the game too easy, all you have to do is learn the timing and boom, with a reversal for strike and one for grapple will add back the reversal depth from the old games
I like the one button reversal *shrugs*

Either way though, is a one button reversal really a game breaking feature like he/she was making it out to be? If so, I guess to each their own, however I personally think that's a bit of a stretch to say a one button reversal makes it "not a game."

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I like the one button reversal *shrugs*

Either way though, is a one button reversal really a game breaking feature like he/she was making it out to be? If so, I guess to each their own, however I personally think that's a bit of a stretch to say a one button reversal makes it "not a game."
it ruins the competitiveness

Cody

Noob
It doesn't classify it as not being a game, LOL. Also, I disagree. I have competition all of the time, and like I said, I still don't mind. However, also like I said, to each their own.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Also there's a sweet spot for whichever stat controls the reversal where the window opens dramatically. They haven't got rid of that yet.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Having two button reversals determines whether a game is a game or not now, lol? Sillyness.

Because the main attraction seems to be going towards a career mode where you start off as an NXT wrestler. However, if they so much as put NXT superstars in the game, I won't be buying it. As you said, they're developmental superstars. There's no need to give them hype and I'm not going to support people that aren't even in WWE's main product.
Absolutely ridiculous reason to not buy the game.

Cody

Noob
Absolutely ridiculous reason to not buy the game.
Not really. A market is adapted to the sales. I may not be a large enough number, but I'm most certainly not going to help out with something I don't believe in.

Plus, aren't you one of the ones complaining about a 1-button reversal, lol? People have different reasons to disliking the game, mine just happens to be more on the marketing side.

John Grizzly

Not really. A market is adapted to the sales. I may not be a large enough number, but I'm most certainly not going to help out with something I don't believe in.

Plus, aren't you one of the ones complaining about a 1-button reversal, lol? People have different reasons to disliking the game, mine just happens to be more on the marketing side.
One button reversal affects the gameplay. I feel it would be deeper with two button reversals a la the No Mercy engine. At no point did I say it would stop me from buying the game.

NXT is a fucking excellent product. If you are not entertained by guys like SamiZayn, Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville, then I don't know what to tell you. There would be a small handful of NXT guys in the game. I don't see an issue with that at all. I think of it as a plus, for sure.

The Ascension, Kalisto, Charlotte are said to be moving to the main roster soon. Chances are there would be an option to change their affiliation from NXT to RAW or whatever. I can't begin to wrap my head around someone not buying the game because there's a few NXT guys in it. The roster will have like 60+ wrestlers. I'd rather every NXT star makes the cut instead of someone worthless like Great Khali.

I'll never be happy until we have mixed wrestling back. :(

And no it's NOT so I can violently hit on women... Kinda sad that I even need to make that clear lol. I just miss the good old times where I could create SF/MK/Tekken characters and have them all fight against each other. I'm glad fighting games aren't that silly where the strongest women are incapable of rivalling the weakest of men.

SVR 2006 was probably the last great wrestling game I played. Then 07-10 were pretty much the same thing except worse because they kept stripping features for no fucking reason and replacing the yearly gimmick for a new one instead of adding to it. I bought SVR 2011 but I got super pissed when I noticed that the EXACT SAME BUGS, EXPLOITS AND INFINITES that were in 2006 were still not fixed 5 years later. That really made me hate these games. Not to mention they just can't be taken seriously at all competitively and I just care about CAWs not the real wrestlers.

I really wish these wrestling games were like SSF4 or KI. Where everyone has the same game but they just upgrade and add a bunch of stuff to it every season. I wouldn't mind it being free-to play-either.

Cody

Noob
One button reversal affects the gameplay. I feel it would be deeper with two button reversals a la the No Mercy engine. At no point did I say it would stop me from buying the game.

NXT is a fucking excellent product. If you are not entertained by guys like SamiZayn, Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville, then I don't know what to tell you. There would be a small handful of NXT guys in the game. I don't see an issue with that at all. I think of it as a plus, for sure.

The Ascension, Kalisto, Charlotte are said to be moving to the main roster soon. Chances are there would be an option to change their affiliation from NXT to RAW or whatever. I can't begin to wrap my head around someone not buying the game because there's a few NXT guys in it. The roster will have like 60+ wrestlers. I'd rather every NXT star makes the cut instead of someone worthless like Great Khali.
I never said you wouldn't buy it, I said you were complaining about it, lol.

I'm not supporting a product that is meant to train people. The ascension and Charlotte have been rumored to be moving up since Bo and Rose and Rusev did. Affiliation doesn't matter. The fact is, I'm supporting a product that shouldn't be supported if I buy the game.

I believe it was confirmed that 92 wrestlers were in, wasn't it? Maybe I'm confusing it with a fake article I read, not sure. Or maybe it just said more than 90.

John Grizzly

I'm not supporting a product that is meant to train people.
Right.

No need to support new talent. I really hope they can just clone Cena and there's just a roster full of him! Seriously...this is the dumbest shit I've ever read on TYM, and I've seen some stupid shit.

If you don't support NXT that's fine, but you're not a fan of pro-wrestling in that case.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm with Cody, after the attitude era and then the wrestlemania mode or whatever, NXT being the focus strikes me as something of a downgrade somehow

Cody

Noob
Ummm, me not supporting developmental as part of a prize package is me not liking pro-wrestling, lol? That's like me saying you not liking single button reversals is like you not liking video games at all.

@juicepouch, very much so.

John Grizzly

Having a mode where your CAW begins in NXT makes a whole lot of sense to me. I cannot be alone in thinking this.

And for the record, most weeks NXT is a better show than RAW. Furthermore, without NXT, we wouldn't have guys like Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt and Cesaro.

NXT is awesome.

Cody

Noob
Having a mode where your CAW begins in NXT makes a whole lot of sense to me. I cannot be alone in thinking this.

And for the record, most weeks NXT is a better show than RAW. Furthermore, without NXT, we wouldn't have guys like Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt and Cesaro.

NXT is awesome.
I don't care if NXT is better than Raw (which I personally disagree with, but that's still besides the point). The fact is that they're developmental. They're there to develop, not be advertised. FCW never got that treatment, because they were developmental. OVW never got that treatment. NXT most certainly should not get that treatment.

Yes, NXT did bring us those guys, because NXT is developmental. FCW brought us guys like Seth Rollins (yes, before NXT), so that means we should get FCW too Oh, yeah, and since John Cena's in the game and he was developed in OVW, OVW should be in the game too.

Not really, none of those 3 places should be in the game. They're all synonymous with each other, so I don't know why they're trying to make it like NXT some bigshot place. It's not. It's full of a bunch of people that are in the process of learning (or trying to learn) the WWE style so they can make it to the big show. Literally, that's the sole purpose of NXT. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to treat them like they're bigger than the actual WWE roster? I just don't buy it.

Also, I disagree that NXT's awesome. Need I remind you that it started off as a "game show" thing where at one point the person that won the week was the person that "best kissed" Cody Rhodes? First impressions mean a lot to me. NXT wasn't a great one.

John Grizzly

I don't care if NXT is better than Raw (which I personally disagree with, but that's still besides the point). The fact is that they're developmental. They're there to develop, not be advertised. FCW never got that treatment, because they were developmental. OVW never got that treatment. NXT most certainly should not get that treatment.

Yes, NXT did bring us those guys, because NXT is developmental. FCW brought us guys like Seth Rollins (yes, before NXT), so that means we should get FCW too Oh, yeah, and since John Cena's in the game and he was developed in OVW, OVW should be in the game too.

Not really, none of those 3 places should be in the game. They're all synonymous with each other, so I don't know why they're trying to make it like NXT some bigshot place. It's not. It's full of a bunch of people that are in the process of learning (or trying to learn) the WWE style so they can make it to the big show. Literally, that's the sole purpose of NXT. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to treat them like they're bigger than the actual WWE roster? I just don't buy it.

Also, I disagree that NXT's awesome. Need I remind you that it started off as a "game show" thing where at one point the person that won the week was the person that "best kissed" Cody Rhodes? First impressions mean a lot to me. NXT wasn't a great one.
There's nothing wrong with giving the guys who are training some exposure. It helps familiarize the WWE audience with them for when they finally get bumped to the main roster.

NXT will also most certainly not be the main focus of the game. It would be a very small portion. With a roster the size of what they're planning on, adding a small handful of NXT guys would be a great addition.

Anyway, not going to argue about it anymore.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Right.

I played last years for a couple weeks. I really liked 30 Years of Wrestlemania, but other than that...it didn't hold my interest because the game just wasn't fun.

The reversal system is pure shit. One button to reverse everything. Once you have the timing down, it's fucking stupid. There needs to be two reversal buttons. LT reverses grapples, RT reverses strikes, for example. Having one button do both is shitty. No Mercy had this part down perfectly.

The moves look like they're being performed on a child's bed. When I hit someone with a Superkick, or a GTS (not that Punk will even be in this game), or a running STO I want it to have some IMPACT. Every finisher (or any move, for that matter) in 2K14 and all titles prior to that for years have had moves that show no impact whatsoever. It needs to look and sound painful. It's a video game, for fuck's sake. This is the easiest part. When I hit someone with a catapult RKO off the ropes, it should look devastating. Strikes should also look and sound painful.

These two small changes would be huge for me. That would be a great start.
The old N64 titles were fucking great. That wrestling engine w/ next-gen graphics would make a perfect wrestling game.