What's new

WWE 2K15 (possible alt cover art pics and thoughts)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm sure most of you interested in WWE 2K15 have already seen the screen that has been released. It's pretty incredible, if you ask me. If you haven't see it...check it out:

Anyway, looks like they're finally putting some EFFORT into these fucking games and not just shitting them out year after year like THQ began to do. Look at the difference! This is just from last year's title!

Also, I went to Gamestop last night to pre-order the Hulkamania collector's edition and saw some really cool possible alternate covers for the game and took a pic:

I'd love to see another alternate cover done this year like they did with The Rock/Daniel Bryan last year. I won't be able to deal with looking at Cena's stupid overgrown toddler outfit all the time.

Anyone hyped for this game? I honestly wasn't until I saw how good the character models could potentially look. I really just hope it plays well. I've really hated the way every game has played for many, many years.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I liked last years, but even though I like these games I haven't been able to play them any longer than a few weeks. Still pretty fun though I am sure this will be no different...and now at least it will run a lot smoother on next gen consoles.

John Grizzly

I liked last years, but even though I like these games I haven't been able to play them any longer than a few weeks. Still pretty fun though I am sure this will be no different...and now at least it will run a lot smoother on next gen consoles.
Right.

I played last years for a couple weeks. I really liked 30 Years of Wrestlemania, but other than that...it didn't hold my interest because the game just wasn't fun.

The reversal system is pure shit. One button to reverse everything. Once you have the timing down, it's fucking stupid. There needs to be two reversal buttons. LT reverses grapples, RT reverses strikes, for example. Having one button do both is shitty. No Mercy had this part down perfectly.

The moves look like they're being performed on a child's bed. When I hit someone with a Superkick, or a GTS (not that Punk will even be in this game), or a running STO I want it to have some IMPACT. Every finisher (or any move, for that matter) in 2K14 and all titles prior to that for years have had moves that show no impact whatsoever. It needs to look and sound painful. It's a video game, for fuck's sake. This is the easiest part. When I hit someone with a catapult RKO off the ropes, it should look devastating. Strikes should also look and sound painful.

These two small changes would be huge for me. That would be a great start.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Right.

I played last years for a couple weeks. I really liked 30 Years of Wrestlemania, but other than that...it didn't hold my interest because the game just wasn't fun.

The reversal system is pure shit. One button to reverse everything. Once you have the timing down, it's fucking stupid. There needs to be two reversal buttons. LT reverses grapples, RT reverses strikes, for example. Having one button do both is shitty. No Mercy had this part down perfectly.

The moves look like they're being performed on a child's bed. When I hit someone with a Superkick, or a GTS (not that Punk will even be in this game), or a running STO I want it to have some IMPACT. Every finisher (or any move, for that matter) in 2K14 and all titles prior to that for years have had moves that show no impact whatsoever. It needs to look and sound painful. It's a video game, for fuck's sake. This is the easiest part. When I hit someone with a catapult RKO off the ropes, it should look devastating. Strikes should also look and sound painful.

These two small changes would be huge for me. That would be a great start.
Yeah I agree that they need to tweak how easy it is to get a finisher and the amount of damage it does. I don't want to have to do 500 finishers to beat someone and at the same time I don't want to be able to leave the ring and build up a finisher in like 10 seconds.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The graphics from the screenshot looked godlike when I saw it, but that closeup of him makes him look like he's got some sort of disability lol

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Ya I'm actually interested in this one due to 2K being the maker. They do well in the NBA games, and I heard they are tweaking the system. Also IGN is covering this game all month long every monday to anyone who wants to see what's going on with the game.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
That's Cena's "serious intense" face. 2K has said that wrestler's face will change and react to different things during the match. Don't worry....most of the time Cena will look like this:

I know what it's supposed to be, I just think it looks like some stereotypical dumb movie brute with that "durrrrr, you can't see me" look haha

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
i hope this game is as fun as the old ones. Also I can't wait to control Bad News Barrett and other midtier heels (Captain AmeriSwagger, Titus O'Neil, etc)

John Grizzly

I know what it's supposed to be, I just think it looks like some stereotypical dumb movie brute with that "durrrrr, you can't see me" look haha
Well, you just described John Cena perfectly. So it's safe to say 2K is doing an incredible job.

John Grizzly

Goldust looks good, hopefully we get Stardust and not Cody Rhodes
The roster cutoff was some time in July. I'd think that if Stardust doesn't make the initial game, he'd be part of a DLC pack.

Word is that 2K sports is also rebuilding the game engine from the ground up, so I'm super interested to see what they do with it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The roster cutoff was some time in July. I'd think that if Stardust doesn't make the initial game, he'd be part of a DLC pack.

Word is that 2K sports is also rebuilding the game engine from the ground up, so I'm super interested to see what they do with it.
Same here, I'm glad they are doing that. I also want them to go back to the two reversal triggers instead of just one, it made the game to easy